Revised Nepal Visa Information:
Visa Information Nepal: A visa for Nepal can be obtained on arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu and at Nepal-India border entry points like Kakadvitta, Birgunj, Bhairahawa, Nepalgunj and Gaddachowki. You can obtain at Kodari on the Nepal-China border.
Outside of Nepal, A visa can also be obtained at the nearest Nepal Embassy or Diplomatic Mission.
To renew your Visa, you are to visit the Department of Immigration, Kalikasthan, Kathmandu.
REQUIREMENTS FOR NEPAL VISA:
A valid passport.
One passport -size photo with a light background
Visa can be obtained only through payment of cash in the following currency: Euro, Swiss Franc, Pound Sterling, US Dollar, Australian Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Hong Kong Dollar, Singapore Dollar and Japanese Yen.
Credit card, Indian currency and Nepali currency are not accepted as payment of visa fee
1. Tourist Visa Nepal
Visa Facility Duration Fee
- 15 days US$ 30 or equivalent convertible currency
- 30 days US$ 50 or equivalent convertible currency
- 90 days US$ 125 or equivalent convertible currency
2. Gratis (Free) Visa
Gratis Visa is issued free of cost in case of following categories of Visa applicants:
- Children below 10 years except US citizens
- Up to 30 days for SAARC Citizen (except Afghanistan) visiting Nepal for the first time in a given visa Year. Afghan citizen are eligible for Gratis Visa on Arrival only upon the recommendation of Department of Immigration. If you are an Afghan citizen, you can request concerned institution inviting you to Nepal for necessary paperwork with Department of Immigration to get you Gratis Visa ‘On Arrival’.
- Non Residential Nepalese(NRN) card holder ( issued by MoFA /Nepalese diplomatic missions abroad)
- Chinese Nationals
Officials from China, Brazil, Russia and Thailand do not need Entry Visa based on reciprocal visa waiver Agreement
However, for further extension of the visa can be done from Immigration Department on payment of visa fee as specified above.
Indian nationals do not require visa to enter into Nepal.
3. Nepal Visa For Indian Nationals
Indian nationals do not require a visa to enter Nepal. As per the Nepalese Immigration, Indian Nationals Traveling to Nepal must posses any One of the following documents.
2. Driving License with photo
3. Photo Identity card issued by a Government Agency
4. Ration Card with Photo
5. Election Commission Card with Photo/ Aadhar Card
6. Identity Card issued by Embassy of India in Kathmandu
7. Identity Card with Photo issued by Sub- Divisional Magistrate or any other officials above his rank
Also, please check with your nearest travel agents for documents required by the Indian Immigration for Indians traveling to Nepal
4. Nepal Visa For Chinese Nationals
As per official circular of the Embassy of Nepal in Beijing, China, Chinese nationals applying for tourist visa to Nepal are being provided “gratis tourist visa” from Jan. 5, 2016, from following Nepali missions in the People’s Republic of China:
- Embassy of Nepal, Beijing
- Consulate General of Nepal, Lhasa
- Consulate General of Nepal, Hong Kong
- Honorary Consulate of Nepal, Shanghai
5. Other Visa Information
will need to obtain visa from Nepal Embassies or Diplomatic Missions in their respective countries, as they do not get visa on arrival at the immigration entry points of Nepal.
6. Visa Extension for Nepal
- Tourist visa extension is done for minimum 15 days with USD 45 and USD 3 per day for additional days.
- In the case of delay less than 150 days additional USD 5 per day as late fine.
Tourists can stay for a maximum of 150 days in a visa year (Jan 1 to Dec 31).
Nepal visa online.
please follow the given link below for Nepal online Visa:
For further visa information for Nepal, please contact:
Department of Immigration
Tel: 00977-1- 4429660 / 4438862 / 4438868/ 4433934