Tengboche Monastery Helicopter Trek
The number of days required for Tengboche Monastery Helicopter Trek will be dispersed as:
- Trekking Days: 05 Days.
- Kathmandu Stay: 02 Days.
- Departure Day: 01 Day.
Tengboche Monastery Helicopter Trek also known as Instant Everest trek is one among the most fascinating trip. This 8 days trip offers you the best of Everest that follows the renowned historic trail of Everest Base camp. When it comes to trekking in Nepal, the region of Everest always leads its way offering you marvelous Everest Trekking packages. It indeed has so much to offer to its travelers from easy trek to extreme climbing. Despite being a very short trip, Tengboche Monastery Helicopter Trek instant view of Everest and its neighboring mountains. Travelers would enjoy and have as much thrill of those doing Everest Base camp as it presents grandiose visibility.
This 8 Days trip is the shortest Everest trek that transfers you so close to the high snow-capped mountains and into the most picturesque Everest setting. It is indeed a great opportunity to perceive best of the worlds highest mountain within a short period of time. Though a short trip yet it has the potential to deliver absolute contentment.
Tengboche Monastery Helicopter Trek Summary:
Tengboche Monastery Helicopter Trek cruises deep into the Dudh Koshi valley through beautiful Sherpa community. An electrifying flight to Lukla airport and trek to Phakding among ample prayer walls inscribed with ancient Tibetan chants is spiritual. We ascend to the Capital city of Khumbu region, Namche Bazaar. Namche itself is a town of attraction that has all the luxury in the middle of no-way which is unbelievable. This trip gives the travelers the experience of trekking and Helicopter sightseeing which is certainly outstanding.
The highlight of the Trip is being at the Tengboche Monastery. Located at the lap of the high Himalayas, Tengboche offers worthy view of Everest and its neighboring mountains. Furthermore, the visit to the Monastery is very spiritual. It’s a monastery where almost all mountaineers before climbing any peak including Everest pay homage with butter lamps holy scarf (Khada) and takes the blessing from the high Lama (Monk).
Finally, the next morning after breakfast, the tour to Everest Base Camp in a Helicopter is something very exceptional. Eventually, flying back to Kathmandu through the valley and foothills of Everest offers grand vista of the entire region.
- DAY 01: Arrive to Kathmandu (1,400 m/4,593 ft) / Briefing / Welcome Dinner.
- DAY 02: Fly to Lukla (2,840 m/9.317 ft) and trek to Phakding (2,610 m/8,562 ft) - 4 Hours
- DAY 03: Trek to Namche (3,450 m/11,318 ft) 7 - 8 Hours
- DAY 04: Acclimatization day at Namche /morning excursion.
- DAY 05: Trek to Khumjung (3,780 m/12,401 ft) - 3 Hours
- DAY 06: Trek to Tyengbuche (3,860 m/12,664 ft) - 5 - 6 Hours
- DAY 07: Chartered Helicopter to Kathmandu.
- DAY 08: Departure Day - Transfer to International Airport.
The above itinerary is simply a guideline and is subject to alteration as per the circumstances. Your group leader is solely liable to bring about changes in the best interest of the group.
Flight Delay/Cancellation in Kathmandu and Lukla:
The unpredictability of Flights flying to and from Lukla airport, the gateway to Mount Everest and the world’s most electrifying airport is pretty evident from its history of delays and cancellation. Diverse factors leads to the situation of cancellation including the weather, technical issues, poor visibility etc. In such conditions, Nepal Pyramids will charter a helicopter to make certain that you don’t miss your trip or your international flight. But again under these circumstances the possibility of flying helicopter depends on the Nepal Civil Aviation flying rules.
Travelers are to pay the cost of the chartered helicopter which is payable through cash, traveler’s cheques, or credit cards (Visa and Master Cards only). The cost per person is governed by the number of people taking this facility. Travelers are to top-up certain amount over their flight fares which again depend on the availability and the weather condition.
It is always very wise to have an extra days in your hand in case of bad weather to which, occasionally, flying of Helicopter isn’t possible. In such cases we always come up with a possible alternatives depending on the situations.
⭐ Getting there at Lukla, a small-remote mountain airport and a beautiful town of Lukla immediately provide you with ample cheerfulness to start with.
⭐ Walking on the legendary trekking trail through the Sherpa village with splendid view of dramatic landscapes and deep gorges is astonishing.
⭐ Getting to Namche Bazaar, the capital of Khumbu region through several suspension bridges is daring and adventurous.
⭐ Khmujung, one of the biggest village in the whole region at the base of the holy mountain, Khumbiyela is another highlight.
⭐ Tengboche monastery is essentially a place to stay overnight with its extravagant mountain views at 360 and the visit to the monastery is very soothing with the warmth of hundreds lit butter lamps and Buddhist monks chanting.
⭐ Tengboche is not the oldest monastery but one of the very active where almost all trekkers and expedition climbers pay a visit to receive the blessing for safe trip.
⭐ It is indeed interestingly outstanding to fly in a Chartered Helicopter to Base of the World’s highest mountain, Everest.
⭐ Your helicopter tour awards you the most extraordinary view of high mountains, deep valleys, gorges and colorful landscapes from the bird’s eye view.
DAY 1: KATHMANDU, THE CAPITAL CITY (1400 m/4593 ft)
When you arrive in Kathmandu airport your group leader will be there to receive you and transfer you to the hotel. Kathmandu, the Capital City is very lively, simply relax and take pleasure in the fun of driving through the busy city road. Your leader will do the briefing probably in the afternoon and then take you for a welcome dinner in an authentic Nepali kitchen.
- Pick up from the international airport.
- Transfer to hotel by your Group Leader.
- Arriving early gives you an opportunity to explore Kathmandu.
- Getting together for trek briefing as per the time given by your leader.
- Distribution of company’s trek equipment’s.
- Welcome dinner and getting to know each other.
DAY 02: FLIGHT TO LUKLA (2800 m / 9186 ft) TREK TO PHAKDING (2600 m/8530 ft) Walk approx. 3/4 Hrs
This 3/4 hours easy walk on the legendary trekking trail through the cultured Sherpa villages with its exceptional beauty and the view of stunning landscape, deep valley and Dudh Koshi gorge is unique.
- Flying in a twin-otter plane to a small Lukla airport at the elevation of 2840 m
- Beautiful walk through the series of stunning native settlement
Phenomenal sight of profound gorges, ancient farming terraces and the scenic beauty at the backdrop is something special on the very first day.
- Overnight stay at stunning Phakding, fabulous dinner and briefing by your leader along with number of fascinating stories.
DAY 03 - 04: TREK TO NAMCHE BAZAAR (3450 m / 11,318 ft) walk approx 7 hrs. ACCLIMATIZATION DAY
Today we will start early for Namche Bazaar, the capital and the Administrative Center of the Khumbu district. Namche bazaar is a luxurious city in the middle of no way in the midst of remoteness and thin air. Despite long hours walk it’s far more than just trekking. Give time to adapt your body with thin air. It’s not a matter about proving your physical strength, its more about taking pleasure with steady ascend.
- Early wake up call and the refreshing morning with the valley view.
- 3 hours gentle walk through series of pleasant villages to the last settlement of Jorsale for lunch
- Crossing of 5 high suspension bridges including one highest in the region.
- The scenic beauty, deep gorges of soaring cliffs at the backdrop is phenomenal.
- Being at Namche, the dream land is remarkable which is worth an effort.
- 1 and ½ hours amazing walk for acclimatization.
- Walk to Syangbuche, with the world’s highest airstrip is enchanting.
- From Everest view lodge you will see the close view of Everest and its neighboring mountains.
- This acclimatization excursion is in a way very fascinating and memorable.
DAY 05: TREK TO KHUMJUNG (3780 m / 12,401 ft) walks 3 hrs.
Short and relaxing walk to the hidden valley of Khumjung, situated at the base of the holy mountain, Khumbiyela is exceptionally sensational. Khumjung, the green hidden valley is indeed very enchanting with its extent making it one of the largest settlement in the region and with all the green painted roofs giving it more of a peaceful appearance.
- 2 and ½ hours easy walk
- Visit to yak farm, school built by Edmund Hillary and the Khumjung monastery to witness the scalp of the yeti is another legendary quest.
- Free afternoon for self-exploration around the village of Khumjung.
DAY 06: TREK TO TENGBOCHE (3,870 m/12,694 ft) walk approx 6/7 hrs.
Today we descend down to the village of Phunki Tenga 3250 m and ascend 600 m to the settlement of Tengboche monastery. Situated on the high mountain ridge, Tengboche is breathtaking with the finest vistas. Tengboche monastery has always been a place of worship for the natives and the mountain climbers before climbing any peak the Everest region.
- Deep drop to the Gokyo gorge with chances to see the musk deer.
- Fabulous walk to the ridge of Tengboche with stunning mountain views.
- Grandiose view of Everest and its neighboring peaks.
- Visit to the monastery and lighting the butter lamp is an incredible experience
- Witness the untold history and the activities of Tengboche.
DAY 07: HELICOPTER TOUR AND HELI BACK TO KATHMANDU
Keep your fingers crossed for clear morning for soon after breakfast we will have Helicopter tour to the base of the worlds highest peak, Everset. This sensational flight offers you the most amazing view and remarkable experience. Via Everest tour we will eventually head back to Kathmandu.
- Morning tour to Everest base camp in a helicopter.
- One of the most thrilling experience.
- The most bewitching views and getting close to the majestic mountains.
- Flying back to Kathmandu and the aerial view of the magical Nepal is simply dreamlike.
DAY 08: DEPARTURE DAY
Depending on your flight schedule airport transportation will be provided. Your leader will accompany you to the airport.
Dates & Cost
✅ All necessary PERMITS.
✅ Helicopter as per the package/itinerary
✅ Airport Pickups and drops facility on both Domestic and International flights.
✅ Luxury hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu on Bed / Breakfast basis.
✅ All ground staff and their wages + insurance.
✅ Welcome dinner at Typical Nepali Restaurant.
✅ All Government and Local tax.
✅ Domestic flights from Kathmandu/Lukla.
✅ Fundamental trekking gears like sleeping bag, down jacket fleece liner etc.
✅ Tea-house accommodation on twin bed sharing.
✅ Properly Boiled water for drinking every morning and evening.
✅ Meals (Lunch, dinner, breakfast with hot beverages) during trek.
✅ An accomplished trekking Group Leader and local staff.
✅ Proficient Assistant Guides as per the size of the group.
✅ Oxygen cylinders and an all-inclusive medical kit on all trips.
✅ Take away Nepal Pyramids duffel bag, T-shirt and trekking Map and Buff (multi-functional head-wear)
✅ Porter service.
✅ Porters’ Clothing.
❌ Fee levied on Nepali visa.
❌ All personal expenses including lunch and dinner while in Kathmandu.
❌ International flight fares.
❌ Medical examination or emergency rescues.
❌ Chartered Helicopter in case of Lukla flight cancellation
❌ Donations. Staff Tipping.
❌ Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu on early arrival or late departure.
❌ Travel or medical insurance.
❌ Optional tours and sightseeing or any activities during free time.
❌ Other personal expenses – laundry, battery charges, shower etc.