Mustang Jeep Safari:
The number of days required for Mustang Jeep Safari will be dispersed as:
• Jeep Safari Days: 06 Days.
• Kathmandu Stay: 03 Days.
• Pokhara stay: 02 Days.
• Departure Day: 01 Day.
MUSTANG – “THE GRAND CANYON OF NEPAL”
“Explore the ancient Salt Trade Route – the Forbidden Kingdom of Nepal”
Mustang Jeep Safari is basically intended for those who have inadequate time phase to trek and explore the miraculous Upper Mustang. The Fascination of discovering the lost Tibetan kingdom of Mustang in a 4 Wheel Drive jeep is out of the ordinary. Driving into the deep valleys of wind eroded hills with so much to see and learn is spellbinding. The ancient kingdom of Mustang which was open to the outside world only in 1992 is still very pure away from modern civilization. Moreover Mustang have managed to retain its culture intact from any aliening influence. Without doubt, its people have accomplished to preserve this magnificent trans-Himalayan kingdom with dignity.
A journey to Mustang is a journey of remarkable contrasts with vast and arid Tibetan landscapes and time honored culture. Furthermore, it offers century’s old cliff hanging monasteries, cultured settlements with lush rice fields, and timeless traditions. Mustang, a forbidden kingdom and a source to the world’s deepest gorge, Kali Gandaki is simply phenomenal. Mustang also gives you ample account on Guru Padmasambhava, popularly known as Guru Rimpoche, the founder of the Tibetan Buddhism. Unlike EVEREST and Annapurna Mustang is entirely different and distinctive on its own.
While trekking in the area of Upper Mustang the legends and ancient history unfolds before you with ample excursions. This includes tours into the ancient monasteries, ancient palaces and the caves that gives you the history of prehistoric settlements. These days people of Lo use all these sky caves that you see as burial chamber, a place for enlightenment or their private place of worship. However, to explore these mysterious places the Mustang Authorities charges an entrance fee which the travelers are to shoulder the cost.
Come over and enjoy the time honored ancient city of Mustang.
- DAY 01: Arrive to Kathmandu (1400 m/4,593 ft) / transfer to the Hotel.
- DAY 02: Half day city tour/ afternoon trek briefing and preparation / welcome dinner.
- DAY 03: Drive to Pokhara (820 m/2,690 ft) 6 - 7 hours
- DAY 04: Fly to Jomsom (2,720 m/8,923 ft) and drive to Chhusang (2,980 m/9,776 ft) via Kagbeni (2,810 m/ 9,219 ft).
- DAY 05: Drive to Tsarang (3,560 m/11,679 ft) afternoon exploration 7th century ancient Ghar Gompa (monastery).
- DAY 06: Drive to Lo-Manthang (3,800 m/12,467 ft)/ the walled city.
- DAY 07: Explore Lo-Manthang in a 4wd jeep.
- DAY 08: Drive to Gheling.
- DAY 09: Drive to Jomsom.
- DAY 10: Fly to Pokhara.
- DAY 11: Fly to Kathmandu.
- DAY 12: Departure day.
The above itinerary is simply a guideline and is subject to alteration as per the circumstances. Your Group Leader is solely liable to bring about changes in the best interest of the group.
⭐ The early drive to Pokhara through the unfamiliar slender highway is special with its picturesque view, beautiful landscape, gorges, and farming terraces along with a glimpse of snow-clad mountains at the backdrop.
⭐ Pokhara (820 m), the second biggest city also very popularly known as the second home of the tourists is the land of extravagant beauty that triggers excitement despite its 6 hours drive.
⭐ The beautiful Phewa Lake and the magnificence of the Himalayas mounting at the backdrop create an atmosphere of peace and delight.
⭐ Flying in a small plane to Jomsom airport 2720 m is simply phenomenal. Driving through the ancient salt trade route along the Kali Gandaki gorge that dates back to 80 million years old with stunning barren, untouched landscape and getting to antique settlement of Kagbeni and Chhusang is more than anything else.
⭐ With the dramatic backdrop of snow white Nilgiri you enter the land of ammonites. With the dramatic setting of the landscape and through the wind eroded hills you witness thousands of natural sky caves now used for varied purpose.
⭐ The colorful landscapes, very primeval house architecture, and the smiling people are simply unique. Tsarang, the land of Chortens is remarkable. The 14th century walled city of Lo Manthang holds loads of history and legends. The 2000 year old cave of Chhosar gives you the history of prehistoric human settlements.
⭐ Ghar Gompa, the first ever monastery build by Padmasambhava around 7th century is mesmerizing and visit to this monastery is once a lifetime opportunity.
⭐ However, a visit to Upper Mustang is more spiritual than simply a journey to a world of mysteries.
MUSTANG JEEP SAFARI
“The ancient trading route between Nepal and Tibet”
DAY 1: IN KATHMANDU (1400 m/4,593 ft)
Soon you land in Kathmandu airport your group leader will be there to greet you and transfer you to the hotel.
• Pick up from the international airport.
• It’s quite remarkable to see the lively activities around while driving to the hotel.
• Transfer to the hotel by your Group Leader.
• Arriving early gives you ample opportunity to explore the bustling town of Thamel.
DAY 2: CULTURAL TOUR / TREK PREPARATION/BRIEFING AND WELCOME DINNER
Today would be the most exhilarating day where your leader introduces you to our city tour expert who guides you to the most pious Hindu and Buddhist religious place that are listed in the world heritage sites and elucidates you the entire mysticism over its existence.
• We explore the sights and sounds of world heritage sites in Kathmandu.
• Witness the traditional cremation at sacred Hindu temple of Pashupatinath.
• Visit Boudhanath, one of the largest spherical Stupas in Nepal
• Trek briefing and equipment distribution in the afternoon.
• Welcome dinner and getting to know each other.
DAY 3: DRIVE TO POKHARA (820 m/2690 ft)
The early drive to Pokhara through the unfamiliar slender highway is special with its picturesque view, beautiful landscape, gorges, and farming terraces along with a glimpse of snow-clad mountains at the backdrop.
• Pokhara (820 m), the second biggest city also very popularly known as the second home of the tourists is the land of extravagant beauty that triggers excitement despite its 6 hours drive.
• The beautiful Phewa Lake and the magnificence of the Himalayas mounting at the backdrop create an atmosphere of peace and delight.
• Being in Pokhara unlike Kathmandu will definitely add more excitement to your anticipation
DAY 04: FLY TO JOMSOM (2720 m/8,923 ft) AND DRIVE TO CHHUSANG (3040 m/ 9,973 ft) VIA KAGBENI (2810 m/ 9219 ft). 2 hrs
We wake up quite early this morning to catch a flight to Jomsom, the district headquarters of Mustang. This short flight takes you through the world’s deepest Kali Gandaki Gorge with the glorious view of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri which is exceptional.
• 20 minutes breathtaking flight to the windy valley of Jomsom is unbelievable.
• Great view with dozens of Himalayan giants poking into the sky.
• Witness the Kali Gandaki River which dates back to 80 million old flowing from Tibetan Plateau.
• After morning tea drive to Kagbeni, the gateway of Upper Mustang through the ancient salt trade trail is unique. Kagbeni being the major check-post we will stop for registration that offers you sufficient time for pictures.
• Further drive to Chhusang, the most beautiful settlement located in the confluence of Kali Gandaki. Gradually we enter into the restricted area of Mustang with multiple breaks for the pictures – and after lunch excursion around the antique village of Chhusang which is not to be missed.
DAY 05: DRIVE TO TSARANG (3560 m/11,679 ft) 2/3 hrs.
Today we drive high up into the cliffs and wide valleys with barren and arid surroundings with green villages in the middle that appears more like a mirage which is simply incredible. Driving through the unbelievable roadway via Syangbuche and Ghami we get to Tsarang, the ‘Land of Chortens”. This roadway marks the history and legend of the Indian saint Padmasambhava (750-810 AD), the founder of Tibetan Buddhism who created a fusion of Buddhism with the original Shamanistic religion of Tibet called Bon – whose influence upon the Indian Buddhism makes Tibetan Buddhism so fascinating.
• Witness the different part of the world, the land of ammonites (pre historic stone) with striking views.
• The stretch of Kali Gandaki river bed gives you the ancient history of its existence.
• The dramatic setting of the landscape with canyons and wind eroded hills is phenomenal.
• From few of the stop points you can literally overlook the valley with its picturesque setting.
• The soaring red cliffs to the west of Ghami naturally speaks of the legends of Padmasambhaba is intriguing.
• Eventually we get to fascinating Tsarang and After lunch visit to the ancient Monastery and the white palace of Tsarang which is their heritage.
• Explore the 7th century Ghar Gompa.
DAY 06: DRIVE TO LO-MANTHANG (3,800 m/12,467 ft)
Today’s drive through undulating roadways going over few intriguing passes is remarkable. The tremendous canyons with its unusual color that opens out is extraordinary. In this bizarre the farming fields with rich red buckwheat and brilliant green willows and the south view offering you a panorama of Nilgiri, Annapurna, Tilicho Peak, and YakawaKang adds up to its magnificence. Finally we get to the plateau of Lo Monthang, ‘The Capital city’ of Mustang. The fabled walled city of Lo. Lo Manthang the capital city of Mustang contains about 150 houses and has some of the largest and finest Tibetan Buddhism Gompas in Nepal. The city itself is absolutely fascinating place with four major ancient Monasteries which are impressive and an enormous 14th century palace imposing 4-storey building in the center of the city.
- You would witness the sky caves which date back more than 3000 years that were used as human settlement, burial chambers and now lama hermit retreats.
- Fascinating solitary ancient chorten in the middle of the road after few minutes driving from Tsarang.
- The spectacular view of Lo Manthang, valley of Thinkar and Chhosar from 4000 m pass of Lo-La.
- View of varied historical ruined forts on the high hills is one of the highlights.
- After lunch exploration into the legendary walled city of Lo.
DAY 07: DAY 10: REST DAY IN LO MANTHANG AND EXPLORE CHHOSAR:
Today’s excursion is in the valley of Chhosar which was opened to the outside world only few years ago. Today excursion includes – tour to the ancient cave that has about 44 compartments and gives you the history of prehistoric human settlements – next attraction is Nyphu cave monastery built in the high cliff wall that dates back to 14th century
Highlights and Excursions:
After breakfast your leader will organize a jeep for Chhosar excursion.
What u see in Chhosar:
• Nyphu Cave monastery built into the side of a soaring cliff.
• 2500 years old Jhong Sky Cave that has more than 44 compartments and gives u the pre-historic settlement of humans.
• Your leader will narrate the legends behind the existence of Jhong Sky Caves which is fascinating.
• After breakfast your group leader will organize excursion to the four major ancient monastery inside the walled city that were built at the same time the palace was built in 14th century. These monasteries hold exquisite paintings that are valuable for which the restoration is going on since ages to repair the washed off paintings.
DAY 08: DRIVE TO GHELING (3,806m/12,484ft)
Leaving the ancient walled city of Lo-Manthang we retrace our path towards Tsarang and eventually get to yet another stunning settlement of Gheling.
• Driving back will give you more opportunity to look back to missed-out things and places.
• After lunch exploration to the enchanting village of Gheling and the monastery.
DAY 09: DRIVE TO JOMSOM (2,720 m/8,923 ft)
This morning we start early to avoid the tough Mustang wind that usually triggers before 10 am. We trace back the same trail.
• The views of landscape and the mountain in the south is mesmerizing.
• Driving back to Jomsom is thrilling with towering canyons and eroded hills.
• Finally we exit the restricted are of Mustang at Kagbeni and wave our final adieu to the mystical ancient kingdom of Nepal.
• Being it a last night fun activities follows with dancing, eating, drinking and tipping the local staff.
DAY 10: FLY TO POKHARA
We take an early morning flight from Jomsom to Pokhara. We fly right into the deepest gorge in the world, Kali Gandaki with striking view of the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges. Overnight stay in the lake city of Pokhara. Your group leader will assist with the side excursion, if any, as per your requirements.
• We say final goodbye to our local trekking crew who would be driving to Kathmandu.
DAY 11: FLY TO KATHMANDU
Today we will fly to Kathmandu with the beautiful panoramic Mountain View to your left.
DAY 12: TRANSFER TO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
Depending on your flight schedule airport transportation will be provided. Your leader will be there to send you off home.
Dates & Cost
|Trip Start Date||Trip End Date||Price||Status|
|US$ 2350||Book Now|
✅ National park entry fees, conservation fees, trekking permit, TIMS permit.
✅ Mustang special permit.
✅ Airport pickups and drops facility on both Domestic and International flights.
✅ Three star twin bed sharing hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara on Bed / Breakfast basis.
✅ Welcome dinner in a typical traditional Nepali restaurant.
✅ Half day guided city sightseeing with paid entrance fee.
✅ Cozy private 4 wheel drive jeep as per the itinerary.
✅ All Government and Local tax.
✅ Flights from Pokhara/Jomsom, Jomsom/Pokhara and from Pokhara to Kathmandu.
✅ Fundamental trekking gears like sleeping bag, down jacket fleece liner etc.
✅ All Ground transportation to and from preferred destination as per the itinerary.
✅ Comfortable Tea-house accommodation while on tour.
✅ Properly boiled hot water for drinking every morning and evening.
✅ Meals (Lunch, dinner, breakfast with hot beverages) during tour.
✅ An accomplished trekking Group Leader and assistant guides – depending on the size of the group.
✅ Oxygen cylinders and an all-inclusive medical kit on all trips.
✅ Take away Nepal Pyramids duffel bag, T-shirt, Buff (multi functional head-wear) and trekking Map.
✅ Local staff insurance.
❌ Fee levied on Nepali visa.
❌ All entrance fees levied in Upper Mustang heritages.
❌ All personal expenses including Food while in Kathmandu/Pokhara.
❌ International flight fares.
❌ Medical examination or emergency rescues.
❌ Staff Tipping.
❌ Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu on early arrival.
❌ Travel or medical insurance.
❌ Optional tours and sightseeing or any activities during free time.
❌ Other personal expenses – laundry, battery charges, shower etc.