Mohare Danda Trek:
The number of days required for Mohare Danda Trek will be dispersed as:
• Trekking Days: 06 Days.
• Kathmandu Stay: 03 Days.
• Pokhara Stay: 02 Days.
• Departure Day: 01 Day.
“The best view comes after the hardest climb.”
The less trodden trekking destination, the Mohare Danda trek is certainly an epic trek which is Annapurna’s off-the- beaten track. It is also very popularly known as Eco Community Lodge trek. We use Community Eco Lodges which despite being basic supports the Local community projects and sustainable tourism policy. This 10 days delightful trekking route offers anyone with the wilderness of mountains, outstanding mountain views and the typical culture. Additionally, it is a trip that takes you away from the commercial trekking trails and maddening crown into the very untouched terrains with serene atmosphere. Unlike many other destination of Nepal the Mohare Danda trek is a classic trek which is very pure and away from the tourism influence.
The Untouched valley of Mohare Danda:
This Annapurna Foothills Trek delivers anyone with the inspiring beauty, untouched trail, and the magical rhododendron forest. Furthermore, the basic accommodation facility and off the beaten track gives you the taste of genuine trekking feeling. It takes you to the exotic and fascinating trail through the vibrant valleys, Himalayan meadows and the sensational lush forests. Moreover, you would witness the series of waterfalls and mesmerizing views of soaring peaks upon the skyline. Mohare Danda Trek is suitable for anyone who wishes to taste the real trekking experience.
Mohare Danda trek is indeed a hidden treasure where the serenity is well conserved for both flora and fauna. It is more about giving yourself a chance to understand the local culture, experience the genuine wilderness and to enjoy the real serenity. Additionally, it provides you with opportunity to try local delicacies and make the most out of your travel understanding. The panoramic views of the massive Himalayan Mountains including Annapurna range, Machhapuchre (Fishtail), Hiunchuli Mardi Himal etc. is simply Phenomenal.
Come over and Feel The Difference.
- DAY 01: Arrive to Kathmandu (1400 m/4,593 ft) and transfer to the Hotel.
- DAY 02: Half day city tour/ afternoon trek briefing and trek preparation / welcome dinner
- DAY 03: Drive to POKHARA (8,20 m/2,690 ft) and overnight stay : 7 - 8 hours
- DAY 04: Drive to GALESHWOR 4 hours and trek to BasKharka- 3 hrs walk
- DAY 05: Trek to Naangi - 7 hrs walk
- DAY 06: Trek to MOHARE DANDA (3,300 m/ 10, 826 ft)- 7 hrs walk
- DAY 07: Trek to Deurali (3090 m/ 10,137 ft) via Ghorepani (2860 m/9383 ft)
- DAY 08: Trek to Ghandruk (1940 m/6364 ft)
- DAY 09: Trek to Nayapul and Drive to Pokhara
- DAY 10: Fly to Kathmandu - Free day in Kathmandu
- DAY 11: Departure Day - Transfer to the International Airport
The above itinerary is simply a guideline and is subject to alteration as per the circumstances. Your Group Leader is solely liable to bring about changes in the best interest of the group.
Who can join Mohare Danda Trek?
Is there any possibility to customize this trek?
Do we need to buy water?
Do I need to be in shape?
What is food and accommodation like?
The organic food they prepare is undeniably wonderful and in some cases Nepal Pyramids local staff offer necessary assistance to prepare your meals which is yet another sensational experience.
Is there charging facility for my devices?
However, it is always wise to carry some extra batteries or the fully charged power bank batteries since your batteries run out pretty quick in the cold.
What is Hot Shower and WiFi facility like?
Which is the best season for Mohare Danda trek? Can I do it in winter?
Since the winter offers crystal clear weather and exceptional mountain views the travelers from around the world come to do Annapurna foothills treks. To capture the unbelievable beauty, winter is great since we don’t go very high in terms of elevation. All we need is to be prepared for chilly morning and evening. We customize a special Christmas and New year trip to these Annapurna foothills every year.
Why always pick Local Company?
Do Nepal Pyramids provide any equipment?
Do I need to have travel insurance?
⭐ Early departure from Kathmandu hotel for Pokhara to skip the highway traffic that cruises through the slim country highway. It is exceptional drive with its picturesque view, beautiful landscape, gorges, and farming terraces with a glimpse of snow-clad mountains at the backdrop.
⭐ Being in Pokhara (820 m), the Lake city, the second home of the tourists is the land of extravagant beauty that triggers excitement despite its 6 or 7 hours drive.
⭐ Next day’s drive to Galeshwor is adventurous. Our first day hike to Banskharka is interestingly incredible. This first day climb is worth-it as it takes you to into extensive vibrant green hills with the grandiose view of stunning landscape.
⭐ The view of Kali Gandaki Gorge is phenomenal which dates back to 80 million years and it is older than the mountains
⭐ This off beaten track ascend through the overwhelming setting of pristine oak and rhododendron forest to alpine village that has very newly opened basic community lodges with theatrical view of holy mountain Fishtail, Mardi Himal and many other sky-high peaks is remarkable.
⭐ With the abrupt change in the valleys and landscape eventually takes you to the jagged high mountain landscape, with miraculous views of Mardi Himal, Fishtail, Annapurna South and Hiunchuli.
⭐ An adventurous walk over the extended ridge towards the Mohare Danda is out of the world experience – Mohare danda delivers you a far more beautiful and closer view of the majestic mountain than any hill has to offer.
⭐ overnight stay at Gurung village of Deurali and Ghandruk is simply sensational. Gharndruk gives you enough interesting facts and comprehension about the Gurung culture and its people.
⭐ Finally we descend to Nayapul through yet beautiful traditional settlement of Gurungs and we drive back to the stunning Lake city of Pokhara.
⭐ The beautiful Phewa Lake and the magnificence of the Himalayas mounting at the backdrop create an atmosphere of peace and delight.
DAY 01: IN KATHMANDU (1,400 m/4,593 ft)
After your arrival in the Kathmandu international airport your group leader will receive you and transfer you to the hotel. Relax and enjoy the lively valley of Kathmandu that has a strong appeal with local splendor and vigorous activities around. The fun of driving through our unusual traffic that cruises into the unfamiliar roads is adventurous on your very first day.
• Pick up from the international airport.
• Transfer to hotel by your Group Leader.
• Short preliminary briefing.
• Arriving early gives you an opportunity to explore Kathmandu.
• Welcome dinner and getting to know each other.
DAY 02: IN THE CAPITAL
City tour day: Know more about Nepal and its culture with today’s exceptional cultural tour. Your leader introduces you to our city tour expert who guides you to the most pious Hindu and Buddhist religious place that are listed in the world heritage sites and elucidates you the entire mysticism over its existence.
• Breakfast depending on your choice and preference.
• Meet-up at 9 am for the tour.
• Visit to Boudhanath Stupa and Pashupatinath.
• Lunch on your preference.
• Getting together for trek briefing as per the time given by your leader.
• Distribution of company’s trek equipment’s.
DAY 03: DRIVE TO POKHARA (820 m/2,690 ft)
Driving to Pokhara, the second biggest city of Nepal is very entertaining giving you ample opportunity to know how locals live up to driveing through these winding roads in local bus which are often enormously packed.
• 6/7 hours drive.
• Early drive to Pokhara to skip any uncertainty of traffic jam.
• Fabulous scenery as you navigate through this new roads.
• A very relaxing multiple breaks gives you time to stretch and enjoy.
• Lunch stop in one of the highway restaurant with its excellent food choices is very comforting.
• Being in Pokhara unlike Kathmandu will definitely add more excitement to your anticipation.
• The green environment, the beautiful Lake and the serene atmosphere of Pokhara will certainly make your day.
DAY 04: DRIVE TO GALESHWOR 4 hours AND TREK TO BASKHARKA- 3 hrs walk
This 4 hours drive to Galeshwor through the winding highway with stunning landscape views, inspiring towering mountain and the vibrant green hills is sensational. Approximately 3 hours walk through green lush forest to our first destination Banskharka which literally means ‘Bans as Bamboo’ and ‘Kharka as pasture’. Overnight stay at Community Local Lodge.
• Enchanting drive to the village of Galeshwor.
• 3 hours beautiful hike through woodland to Banskharka.
• The vertical ascent is challenging yet rewarding with the most beautiful view.
• The scenic beauty, deep gorge and farming terraces at the backdrop is phenomenal.
• Overnight stay at basic Community Eco Lodge, fabulous dinner and briefing by your leader along with number of alluring narratives.
DAY 05: TREK TO NAANGI - 6 - 7 Hours
6 – 7 hours walk through the beautiful forest of Rhododendron, Maple, Oak and number of other floras. Walk to Naangi is very delightful as it gives anyone ample comprehension about the local culture and the people popularly known as Magars. Overnight stay at the community local lodge gives you a real sense of being local.
• Wake up call as set by your leader.
• After breakfast today’s walk is pretty much on undulating trails.
• Most of the time you are in the shade keeping you away from the harsh day sun.
• A visit to organic farms and Magar settlements is worth it.
• Overnight stay at Naangi Tadapani is quite an experience.
• Landscape and mountain views are stunning.
DAY 06: TREK TO MOHARE DANDA (3,300 m/ 10, 826 ft) 6 - 7 Hours
6/7 hours walking through the beautiful Lord of the Rings like trail set-up is overwhelming. The trail takes you into the spectacular woodland of Rhododendron, Maple, Bamboo and Oak. You get very close to the high majestic snow-capped peaks of Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri and the Holy Fishtail. Overnight at the Local Community Lodge.
• Unbelievable hike through the dramatic forest setup.
• Lot to see if you are trekking in spring.
• Incredible view of Annapurna range and Dhaulagiri.
• Flawless sunset view from Mohare Danda.
• Overnight stay at Community Eco Lodge, marvelous dinner and chill out.
• Briefing by your leader and entertaining activities.
DAY 07: TREK TO DEURALI (3,106 m/10,190 ft) 4 - 5 hours
Morning sunrise view from Mohare hill station is one cherishing moment with panoramic view of mountains like Annapurna, Nilgiri, Dhaulagiri, Dhampus peak, Fishtail etc. Looking down upon the Kali Gandaki Gorge, the world’s deepest gorge is something remarkable. Today we walk via Ghorepani, a village famous for the mountain view and Rhododendron forest.
• Early wake-up call for the inspiring sunrise view.
• Dazzling sunrise view that moves many emotionally.
• Breakfast and undulating trail to Ghorepani and then few hours walk to Deurali.
• Pleasant walk through the world’s largest Rhododendron growing forest area.
DAY 08: TREK TO GHANDRUK (1,940 m/6,364 ft) 5 Hours
You would be amazed to walk the beautiful trail today as it is discloses you the different face of Nepal. The trail is popularly known as the “Lord of the Ring Trail” due to it’s unusual forest setting which is very dramatic. Eventually we get to Ghandruk, the village of Gurungs – these people have ample legends in the history of British Gorkhas.
• Beautiful walk through the Lord of the Rings trail.
• Walking into this woodland keeps you away from the harsh day sun.
• The dramatic forest is simply phenomenal.
• Overnight stay at Luxury Tea House giving yourself a break for cozy bed, great food and luxury hot shower.
Being it a last night fun activities follows with dancing, eating, drinking and tipping.
• Stunning view of Annapurna south, Hiunchuli and Fishtail.
DAY 09: TREK TO NAYAPUL AND DRIVE TO POKHARA
2 ½ hours to 3 hours walk to Nayapul, the starting point of most major Annapurna foothills trek. After a quick lunch we will drive for another 1 ½ hour to the Lake city of Pokhare.
• End of your trekking days.
• Drive to Pokhara.
• Relish in the Paradise like Pokhara
DAY 10: FLY TO KATHMANDU - 25 Minutes
Sensational flight back to the capital city of Kathmandu with an outstanding panoramic view.
• Sensational flight to Kathmandu
• Explore the Capital City of Kathmandu as per your requirements.
DAY 11: DEPARTURE DAY
Depending on your flight schedule airport transportation will be provided.
Dates & Cost
|Trip Start Date||Trip End Date||Price||Status|
|US$ 1100||Book Now|
✅ National park entry fees, conservation fees, trekking permit, TIMS permit.
✅ Airport pickups and drops facility on both Domestic and International flights.
✅ Three star twin bed sharing hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara on Bed / Breakfast basis.
✅ Welcome dinner in a typical traditional Nepali restaurant.
✅ Half day guided city sightseeing with paid entrance fee.
✅ All Government and Local tax.
✅ FLIGHT FROM POKHARA TO KATHMANDU.
✅ Fundamental trekking gears like sleeping bag, down jacket fleece liner etc.
✅ All Ground transportation to and from preferred destination as per the itinerary.
✅ Tea-house accommodation or tented camp as per the trek.
✅ Properly boiled hot water for drinking every evening and morning.
✅ staff insurance.
✅ Meals (Lunch, dinner, breakfast with hot beverages) during trek.
✅ An accomplished trekking Group Leader and assistant guides.
✅ Oxygen cylinders and an all-inclusive medical kit on all trips.
✅ Take away Nepal Pyramids duffel bag, T-shirt, Buff (multiple head-wear) and trekking Map.
✅ Porter service.
✅ Porters’ Clothing.
❌ Fee levied on Nepali visa.
❌ All personal expenses including Food while in Kathmandu/Pokhara.
❌ International flight fares.
❌ Medical examination or emergency rescues.
❌ Staff Tipping.
❌ Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu on early arrival.
❌ Travel or medical insurance.
❌ Optional tours and sightseeing or any activities during free time.
❌ Other personal expenses – laundry, battery charges, shower etc.