Manaslu Circuit Trek:
The number of days required for Manaslu Circuit Trek will be dispersed as:
• Trekking Days: 14 Days.
• Kathmandu Stay: 03 Days.
• Departure Day: 01 Day.
“Climb mountains not so that world can see you, but so you can see the world”
Manaslu Circuit Trek offers anyone the opportunity of walking into the less trodden enchanting deep valleys. Manaslu, ‘The Spirit Mountain’ is the eighth highest mountain in the world, 8,163 meters (26,781 ft.) above sea level. This region of Manaslu being the main epicenter for the tragic 2015, 8.2 Magnitude earthquake trekkers were of the notion about Manaslu not being a safe destination which is simply a lack of true information. Though the earthquake have undeniably brought about a transformation on the regular trekking trails nevertheless, Manaslu is very safe. Manaslu Circuit trek is the best alternative to Annapurna Circuit Trek which is a part of a Great Himalayan Trail. Furthermore, it is less trodden and offers anyone with a variety of trekking options.
Manaslu also known as the Land of the Suspension bridge and the sky-high cliffs. Despite its popularity and the construction of new tea houses in the region since 2010, the Manaslu Trek however is very remote and basic compared to other tea-house treks in Nepal. Manaslu being the restricted area the Nepal Government permitted trekkers for Manaslu Circuit only in 1991. Though we need a special permit to get through, the picturesque beauty of Manaslu region cannot be denied.
Larke pass 5106 m/16,751 ft is the highest point in the Manaslu Circuit trek. Moreover, this is a classic and tough ancient salt trading route that links the Manaslu valley with Annapurna valley. The view from the Larke pass is simply Terrific with Chuli, Himlung, Cheo himal, Larke peak, Annapurna II and Mt. Manaslu. After the pass the valley opens up in a very paradise like setting. We stay overnight at Bhimthang. This village locates in a Himalayan meadow at the lap of Manaslu and Himalchulit which is simply incredible. Soon we enter into the tree line area with lush green woodland and cruise towards the famous Annapurna circuit trail followed by spectacular views.
Toss aside your guide books and Trek to the mystical lands of Manaslu.
- DAY 01: Arrive to Kathmandu (1400 m/4,593 ft) / hotel accommodation.
- DAY 02: Cultural Sightseeing tour and trek Briefing / Welcome Dinner.
- DAY 03: Drive to Soti Khola (700 m/2,296 ft) (overnight stay) 7 – 8 hours
- DAY 04: Trek to Machhakhola (870 m/2,854 ft) 6 – 7 hours
- DAY 05: Trek to jagat (1340 m/4,396 ft) 6 - 7 hours
- DAY 06: Trek to Phillim (1517 m/4,977 ft) 4 hours
- DAY 07: Trek to Bihi phedi (1,990 m/6,528 ft) 5 - 6 hours
- DAY 08: Trek to Namrung (2,630 m/8,628 ft) 4 - 5 hours
- DAY 09: Trek to Lho (3,180 m/10,433 ft) 4 - 5 hours
- DAY 10: Trek to Samagoan (3,520 m/11,548 ft) 4 - 5 hours
- DAY 11: Acclimatization day and morning excursion to Birendra lake & Free Afternoon
- DAY 12: Trek to Samdu (3,875 m/12,713 ft) 4 hours
- DAY 13: Trek Larke BC (4,460 m/14,632 ft) 3 - 4 hours
- DAY 14: Cross Larke Pass (5,106 m/16,751 ft) and Bhimthang (3,700 m/12,139 ft) 8 - 10 hours
- DAY 15: Trek to Tilje (2,300 m/7,544 ft)
- DAY 16: Trek to Dharapani (1,960 m/6,430 ft) drive to Beshisahar (760 m/2,493 ft) and overnight stay
- DAY 17: Early morning drive to Kathmandu
- DAY 18: Transfer to the International Airport.
The above itinerary is simply a guideline and is subject to alteration as per the circumstances. Your Group Leader is solely liable to bring about changes in the best interest of the group.
Is Manaslu circuit trek intended for anyone?
What permits do I require for Manaslu Circuit trek?
Is there any possibility to customize Manaslu Circuit trek?
Is it possible to do Manaslu circuit trek during Winter?
Any physical training for Manaslu Circuit trek?
What equipment’s Nepal Pyramids provide?
Furthermore there is take away items like - Nepal Pyramids T-shirt, duffel bag, Trekking map and buff head-wear.
what if I'm slow in the group?
what was the effect of 2015 earthquake on Manaslu region?
How many hours per day do we usually walk?
Why always trek with Local company?
Food and Accommodation in Manaslu circuit trek?
You have variety of choices for the food and so far with Nepal Pyramids absolute contentment prevails in regards to meals and Local Tea-House.
Is it good to have Travel Insurance?
Any risk of Altitude Sickness?
So fare with us there hasn't been any reports of Altitude sickness casualties in Manaslu. The trek has a very gradual ascent and all our high altitude itineraries are designed for proper acclimatization.
Hot Shower, WiFi and Charging facility?
Over trivial cost all tea houses provide you with basic hot showers that includes solar shower, gas shower or the Bucket shower.
As for the WiFi - you need to be very well prepared to get going without internet for the next 2 weeks as there is less or no chance of WiFi in Manaslu region.
⭐ The early departure from Kathmandu hotel to Soti Khola, 8/9 hours’ drive through the unfamiliar narrow highway and countryside roadway is out of the ordinary with enormous landscape view at the backdrop.
⭐ Manaslu trek being remote and basic it’s less trodden where anyone can experience the thrill of being in the wilderness trekking from subtropical region to the alpine.
⭐ Walking into the deep cut gorges of Budi Gandaki River with ample suspension bridges and gigantic landscape setting with sky-high rock faces cliffs to your sides is more of an adventure.
⭐ Walking on the ancient salt-trading legendary route through the longstanding classic Gurung villages with its exceptional culture is way stunning than anything.
⭐ The close view of the magnificent extensive green hills, the Tibetan-Buddhist culture and to witness the territory of the rustic life style from the very first day is charismatic.
⭐ Getting closer to the 8th highest mountain of the world and a visit to a holy Birendra lake on your 10th and 11th day is sure to add up more excitement to your holiday.
⭐ Going over challenging but very rewarding Larke pass is a different experience that offers you a handsome opportunity to walk over the outstanding ancient salt trading valley with the stunning mountain views.
⭐ Eventually descending down to the most beautiful valley of Bhimthang and joining the classic Annapurna Circuit valley in the vastness of the Himalayas is worthwhile.
“Climb the mountain not to plant your flag, but to embrace the challenge, Climb it so you can see the world, not so the world can see you.”
DAY 1: KATHMANDU, THE CAPITAL CITY (1400 m/4593 ft) - HOTEL
Once you arrive in the Kathmandu airport your group leader will be there with Nepal Pyramids board to greet you and transfer you to the hotel. Kathmandu, the capital city of Nepal undoubtedly has a strong appeal with vigorous activities around. Relax and take pleasure cruising through the unfamiliar roads to the hotel.
• Pick up from the international airport.
• Transfer to hotel by your Group Leader.
• Short preliminary briefing.
• Explore Kathmandu in any case if you have arrive early.
• Welcome dinner and getting to know your group.
DAY 2: IN KATHMANDU
Today: it’s an exploration day. Your leader will introduce you to our city tour expert who will guide you to the most pious Hindu and Buddhist religious place that are listed in the world heritage sites. He is a professional and will shed lights over the entire mysticism over its existence.
• Fabulous Breakfast in the hotel itself.
• Meet-up at 9am for the tour.
• Visit to Boudhanath Stupa and Pashupatinath.
• Getting together for trek briefing as per the time given by your leader.
• Distribution of company’s trek equipment’s.
DAY 03: DRIVE TO SOTI KHOLA (700 m/2,296 ft) (OVERNIGHT STAY) 7 – 8 hours
4 wheel drive to Soti Khola via Aroghat is a beautiful experience. Leaving Kathmandu we drive through adventurous twisting roadway with so much to see on the way. Despite the slender roadway the view of lush vegetation will surely make your day.
• 7/8 hours’ drive.
• Early drive to Aroghat to skip any uncertainty of traffic jam.
• Fabulous scenery and mountain view at the backdrop as you cruise through this new roads.
• Lunch stop in a beautifully located village with excellent choice of food.
• After lunch, you drive through the jagged countryside road is another fascination.
• Once we get to the beautiful town of Aroghat we take a local bus to drive us further to to our destination, Soti khola.
• Overnight stay in this small but interesting settlement. Fabulous dinner and briefing from your group leader.
DAY 04: TREK TO MACHHAKHOLA (870 m/2,854 ft) 6 – 7 hours
Today after breakfast we start our first day trek along the wide roadway and crossing our first suspension bridge. We literally enter into the valley of Manaslu now, a profound deep gorge with high mounting cliffs to your either sides which is overwhelming. We walk the undulating trial following the famous Budi Gandaki River. On the way you will witness the effect of 2015 earthquake. The name MachchaKhola means ‘Fish River’ – the name itself suggest that this beautiful village is situated closer to the fresh river which is very exciting.
• Wake up to the fresh air that will revitalize your morning.
• 4 hours of pleasant undulating walk through deep river valley until lunch.
• Delightful walk along the deep valley with the view of series of beautiful waterfall.
• The scenic beauty, deep gorges among soaring cliffs is phenomenal.
• Lunch at Lafubesi, the small settlement but glorious food.
• Wonderful walk occasionally along the river bank of Budi Gandaki is pleasing.
• Being in the town of Machchakhola, the village with medieval atmosphere is remarkable and worth an effort.
DAY 05: TREK TO JAGAT (1340 m/4,396 ft) 6 – 7 hours
We have termed Manalu as the “Land of the Suspension Bridge” and today you would realize why? Leaving Machchakhola we walk through the earthquake rehabilitation shelter area that will eventually takes us the big village of Khorlebesi. After the effortless hour walk we get the village of natural hot spring, Tatopani. The next uneven trail lands us to the village of Dovan for lunch. After lunch we walk the valley and cliff trail crossing multiple bridges and beautiful villages to Jagat.
• Fabulous walk along the valley of Budi Gandaki with so much to see and learn.
• Crossing ample suspension bridge is exciting.
• Today you would also cross one very unusual cliff bridge which is a highlight.
• We take a small break at Tatopani to enjoy the natural hot spring.
• Walking over the few landslide trails which exists after the 2015 earthquake is interesting.
• All the Chorten and prayer wall on the way and in villages gives you the sense of Tibetan Buddhism influence.
DAY 06: TREK TO PHILLIM (1517 m/4,977 ft) 4 hours
To acclimate well for the pass we take is slow in gaining elevation. To make your adventure not very fatiguing we walk a short destination today. Leaving Jagat we cross a suspension bridge with a view of beautiful waterfall. Furthermore the valley starts opening today and this beautiful countryside trail takes you to the prosperous town of Phillim.
• Delightful walk with stunning views.
• Today’s short walk goes through number of beautiful settlements.
• The ancient setting of the village GhatteKhola is an attraction where a small break is worth taking.
• The view of vibrant hills and deep gorges provides you with a soothing charm.
• Lunch at Phillim and afternoon activity of village exploration OR hot shower and relax.
DAY 07: TREK TO BIHI PHEDI (1990 m/6528 ft) 5 - 6 hours
Leaving Phillim we walk an effortless trail crossing suspension bridges and through the beautiful pine forested trial to Nayak Phedi. Todays walk offers a great mountain view. It is more into the woodland trail of bamboo, ferns, pine, oak, Magnolia, and ample suspension bridges. Gradually we get to the village of Dyeng for lunch and eventually to the settlement of Bihi Phedi for overnight stay.
• Beautiful view of Siringi Himal and Boudha Himal.
• Trekking over the cliff trail is very stirring.
• Most enchanting walk through woodland trail of bamboo, ferns, pine, oak and Magnolia.
• Despite a little distant walk, lunch at Dyang, a very basic village settlement is worth it.
• Overnight at Bihi Phedi, small but beautiful place to stay.
DAY 08: TREK TO NAMRUNG (2630 m/8,628 ft) 4 – 5 hours
After breakfast we walk an effortless undulating trail that takes us to the small village of Bhijan. Today’s walk is basically into the trail of beautiful forest setting with huge pine and coniferous trees. Gradually we walk over the suspension bridge, cliff trail and the beautiful framing pastures that takes us to yet another attractive village if Gap. Before Namrung you would be walking into the new trail that is there after the earthquake. Despite being new it’s awesome- feel the difference.
• Today is a short walk once again giving you ample time for acclimatization.
• The view of beautiful farming pastures is simply incredible.
• Ample small cultural settlements in this hidden valley are another attraction.
• Being in this pretty landscape, deep valley, cliff trail, and soaring cliffs is magical and very serene.
• After lunch you have free afternoon for hot showers and setting up your tomorrows plan.
DAY 09: TREK TO LHO (3180 m/10,433 ft) 4 – 5 hours
Lho gives you the most awaited view of the world’s 8th highest mountain Manaslu at its best. This is yet another short walk to arrange ample ground for acclimatization and to prepare for the soon coming challenging Larke pass. Leaving behind the deep valley and cliff trail today we walk more into the wide Himalayan meadow trail. Progressively walking through multiple small villages the trail will eventually connect to the path that leads to Himal Chuli Base camp.
• Walk to Lho is incredible with several charming cultural village en-routes.
• The view of snow-capped mountains like Himal Chuli and Nayke Peak is awe-inspiring.
• Enjoy your enchanting walk in the wide Himalayan meadow like trail.
• Feel the serenity of the region that is peacefully calm and soothing.
• Witness the Tibetan Buddhism influence with numerous Chortens and Prayer walls on the way.
• Lunch at Lho itself and free afternoon for self-exploration.
• Grandiose view of Manaslu – the spirit mountain and the world’s 8th highest.
Day 10 & 11: TREK TO SAMAGOAN (3520m/11,548ft) & ACCLAMATIZATION DAY
Leaving Lho we ascend to the ridge of the village with huge Prayer wall with amazingly built Stupa. Once again we enter into the forested trail of pine providing you with soothing shade against the scorching sun. Passing the solitary but beautiful hydro-plant building we get to the extended village of Shyala that has a phenomenal primeval setting. Pass the village we walk the wide version of Himalayan trail with pine and juniper tree which eventually takes us to the handsome looking village of Samagoan.
• Short walk to Samagoan with free afternoon.
• Being in valley with dramatic landscape and forest setting is astonishing
• Walk in the pleasant Himalayan meadow with the View of Manaslu and its neighboring range.
• The old Samagoan gives you the feeling of primitiveness and the village setting itself has a very ancient setting.
• Free afternoon to relax and feel the thin air.
• Samagoan offers several options for excursions.
• Morning 1 and ½ hours amazing walk for acclimatization to Birendra Lake.
• Grandiose view of Manaslu, its base camp and the expedition route to the summit.
• Afternoon can be utilized exploring the old village of Samagoan which is sure to be an incredible experience.
• The close view of the magnificent mountain, extensive green hills, the Tibetan Buddhist culture is charismatic
• Free afternoon where you can several other activities including self-exploration.
DAY 12: TREK TO SAMDU (3875 m/12,713 ft) 4 hours
Soon after breakfast today we start with a beautiful walk in the wide valley trail with impressive view of the show peak around. We continue with an effortless trail towards the valley that is closer to the Tibetan boarder. Though a short walk, the temptation of stopping every now and then to take mind-boggling pictures can’t be denied. Samagoan and the trails onward propose so much opportunity for great pictures.
• Short walk into the extended Himalayan meadow is simply unbelievable.
• Offers anyone with the dramatic view of the mountain and the valley.
• So much opportunity for photography – where you need not have to be a professional.
• A very rewarding moment that is very tranquil with no rush since it’s a short day trek.
• Slow walking is recommended for health safety; listen to your leader for guidance regarding altitude pressure.
• Free afternoon for short exploration and card game.
DAY 13: TREK LARKE B.C – DHARMASALA (4460m/14,632ft) 3 – 4 hours
Today we enter into the Alpine away from the tree line area. With absolutely no urgency to reach our destination today we take it very slow and easy. We take it easy as today is short day trek and secondly the altitude matters. Intake of adequate fluids, multiple breaks and thousands photos is highly recommended. The enchanting walk today takes you into the basin literally enclosed by the majestic mountains. This valley of Shangri-La is very breathtaking that finally takes you to the very basic yet exhilarating settlement of Dharmasala.
• Walking into the valley of Shangri-La.
• You get very closer to the mountains including a grand view of Manaslu and it summit.
• Wonderful view of the glacier and the alpine terrain.
• Being at the very Basic settlement of Dharmasala – also known as Larke pass Base camp is thrilling.
• Explore the alpine terrain of base camp and feel the high altitude chill factor.
• During free afternoon you may prepare for your tomorrows Big Day.
DAY 14: CROSS LARKE PASS (5106 m/16,751 ft) AND BHIMTHANG (3700 m/12,139 ft) 8 – 10 hours
We start very early today to get over the pass as quick as possible and to skip the wind chill factor in the summit. The Larke pass trail is considered one among the longest but not as technical as most high passes in Nepal. Usually it is impressive to see the line of people with their lights cruising into this deep mountainous valley. Gradually with the coming of the morning sun you would find yourself into the moraine-glacier trail offering you with magnificent view around. After the pass trekking down the gravelly trail is quite tricky but being at the Paradise like Bhimthang is a greatest reward of all.
• Starting early with so many other trekkers over the brightness of the head torches is fascinating.
• Going over the daring LARKE PASS (5106 m/16,751 ft) the highest point in the Manaslu circuit trek is a great accomplishment of a lifetime.
• Walking into this very untouched alpine trail has so much to offer in terms of adventure and scenery.
• Descending to Bhimthang, with grand view of numerous peaks and Ponker Lake is awe-inspiring.
• Overnight stay at Bhimthang, a place with a paradise like setting which is surrounded by magnanimous snow-capped mountains.
DAY 15: TREK TO GOA OR TILJE (2500 m/8,202 ft)
After breakfast, we start our walk with a reasonable descend and get to the tree line area. This valley walk into the woodland of pine and coniferous is fascinating. Anyone would be very amazed to witness this diverse face of Manaslu which is entirely different to what we have done so far. It’s a great combination of mountains, hills, forests and river with beautiful villages. Gradually we get to a village of Goa for lunch and eventually reach the beautiful settlement of Tilje.
• Effortless walk with the grand view of Manaslu, vibrant landscape and lush forest.
• Sensational adventure into the river valley and woodland with so much deadwoods around that has been conserved for ages.
• Lunch at Goa is very deserving with its exquisiteness.
• Getting back to the tree line is pleasurable.
• Being at the peaceful village of Tilje for overnight is rewarding.
DAY 16: TREK TO DHARAPANI (1960 m/6,430 ft) DRIVE TO BESHISAHAR (760 m/2493 ft) AND OVERNIGHT STAY
Today we enter into a different district of Manang. We further descend to the village of Dharpani and finally connect with the legendary Annapurna Circuit Trial. This hour and a half walk to Dharapani is yet another enchanting walk. We take a 4 wheel drive to Dharapani. Enjoy a great drive along with an amazing view and a very delicious local organic lunch in between your drive.
• Short walk to Dharpani is incredible.
• Entering into a different district and to have an opportunity to walk in the legendary trail of Annapurna circuit is priceless.
• Driving into the Marshyangdi valley is exceptionally overwhelming.
• Organic lunch in one of the beautiful village en-route.
• Getting to Beshisahar, the prosperous town of the British Gorkhas is very entertaining.
• Being it a last night party and staff tipping follows.
DAY 17: EARLY MORNING DRIVE TO KATHMANDU - 7 - 8 hours
Driving 173 km/107 miles to Kathmandu, back to the capital city.
• End of your trekking days
• 7/8 hours’ drive.
• Early morning drive to Kathmandu to skip any uncertainty of traffic jam.
• Fabulous scenery and Mountain View at the backdrop as you navigate through this new roads.
• Lunch stop in one of the highway restaurant with its excellent food choices.
DAY 18: DEPARTURE DAY.
Depending on your flight schedule airport transportation will be provided.
Dates & Cost
|Trip Start Date||Trip End Date||Price||Status|
|US$ 1800||Book Now|
✅ National park entry fees, conservation fees, trekking permit, TIMS permit.
✅ Manaslu Special permit.
✅ Airport pickups and drops facility on both Domestic and International flights.
✅ Three star twin bed sharing hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu on Bed / Breakfast basis.
✅ Welcome dinner in a typical traditional Nepali restaurant.
✅ Half day guided city sightseeing with paid entrance fee.
✅ All Government and Local tax.
✅ Private 4 wheel drive to the preferred destination.
✅ Fundamental trekking gears like sleeping bag, down jacket fleece liner etc.
✅ All Ground transportation to and from preferred destination as per the itinerary.
✅ Tea-house accommodation or tented camp as per the trek.
✅ Meals (Lunch, dinner, breakfast with hot beverages) during trek.
✅ Properly boiled hot water for drinking every morning and evening.
✅ An accomplished trekking Group Leader and assistant guides.
✅ Oxygen cylinders and an all-inclusive medical kit on all trips.
✅ Take away Nepal Pyramids duffel bag, T-shirt and trekking Map.
✅ Local staff insurance.
✅ Porter service.
✅ Porters’ Clothing.
❌ Fee levied on Nepali visa.
❌ All personal expenses including Food while in Kathmandu/Pokhara.
❌ International flight fares.
❌ Medical examination or emergency rescues.
❌ Staff Tipping.
❌ Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu on early arrival.
❌ Travel or medical insurance.
❌ Optional tours and sightseeing or any activities during free time.
❌ Other personal expenses – laundry, battery charges, shower etc.