Langtang Valley Trek:
The number of days required for Langtang Valley Trek will be dispersed as:
• Trekking Days: 08 Days.
• Kathmandu Stay: 03 Days.
• Departure Day: 01 Day.
Langtang valley, the closest trekking destination to Kathmandu is the site of largest single catastrophe of 2015 earthquake. Witness the transformation over this fascinating Langtang after 2015 earthquake.
Langtang Valley Trek is very enchanting and delightful as it brings you the utmost trekking experience. In true sense Langtang symbolizes ‘yak follow’ where Lang is “Yak” and Tang is “Follow”. Legend speaks that a Lama (Buddhist Monk) while following his runaway yak accidentally discovered the valley of Langtang and named after that incident . The Langtang National Park came into existence in 1976 as the first Himalayan National Park. However, the sacred valley of Langtang situated in the north of Kathmandu is one of the most admirable trekking region in Nepal. Despite being less visited area as compared to Everest and ANNAPURNA region, Langtang is unique on its own.
Langtang trek certainly delivers a beautiful trekking experience with its dramatic ambiance. The towering snow-capped mountains like Langtang Lirung (7246 m) to the north stands brilliantly inspiring. Gang Chhenpo (6388 m) and Naya Kanga Ri (5846 m) to the south appears with its majestic demeanor. Moreover, the Dorje Lakpa (6966 m) to the east appears dazzling at the backdrop in the midst of deep- untouched valley and cultured villages.
The splendor of Langtang Valley Trek:
Wild life with ample floras is very well preserved in Langtang region to give someone the taste of Eco tourism. The Tamangs, the Tibetan origin people of this region migrated ages ago from Tibet and took refuge in this valley. Consequently, you can witness the genuine Tibetan Buddhism culture that flourish in the day to day life of these residents. They are however very peace loving people and their Tibetan origin culture has its own eccentricity. It’s very amazing to see the genuine smile in the face of these people who have endured the tragic 8.2 scale earthquake in 2015.
This sacred valley has very untouched and well maintained serenity. Similarly, Langtang valley trek is very startling for those who fancy in escaping the regular bustling major trails and maddening destinations. It is certainly for anyone who want to benefit from the serene surroundings.
Join Nepal Pyramids for Langtang Valley trek and feel the difference.
- DAY 01: Arrive in Kathmandu (1,400 m/4,593 ft)
- DAY 02: Half day city tour / afternoon trek briefing and preparation / welcome dinner.
- DAY 03: Drive to Dhunche (1,960 m/6,430 ft) 7 - 8 hours
- DAY 04: Trek to Thulo Syabru (2,210 m/7,250 ft) 5 - 6 hours
- DAY 05: Trek to Lama Hotel (2,410 m/7,906 ft) 5 - 6 hours
- DAY 06: Trek to Langtang (3,430 m/11,253 ft) OR Mundu 6 - 7 hours
- DAY 07: Trek to Kyanjin Gompa (3,730 m/12,237 ft) 4 hours
- DAY 08: Rest day at Kyanjin Gompa and morning excursion to Kyangjin Ri (4,770 m/15,649 ft).
- DAY 09: Trek to Lama Hotel (2,410 m/7,906 ft)
- DAY 10: Trek to Syabru Besi (1,460 m/4,790 ft)
- DAY 11: Drive to Kathmandu
- DAY 12: transportation to International airport.
The above itinerary is simply a guideline and is subject to alteration as per the circumstances. Your Group Leader is solely liable to bring about changes in the best interest of the group.
What is Tea house trekking?
Is Langtang trek difficult?
Heard Langtang is badly affected by the 2015 Earthquake?
What is the transportation facility like?
What to expect regarding Food and Accommodation in Langtang?
Can we customize the Langtang trek?
A typical Trekking day?
After breakfast, we will set out on our delightful trip in the beautiful cool morning. We stop for lunch at some delightful local settlement. After lunch we continue with our trip and around early or late afternoon we get to our destination where afternoon tea will be served by the Sherpa’s before they hand out your room key or lead you to your camps. Your afternoon stroll is governed by the time we get to our destination. Soon the dinner order will be taken and evening is typically exciting sharing your day’s stories, playing cards with the staff or merely chatting.
Make sure you get your bottle in the dining hall as our staff will be filling up your
bottles with properly boiled water for drinking. After the dinner your Group Leader will give you the detail briefing on the next day’s program on the time duration, trail condition, village en-routes, facility etc. Based on next day’s stretch your assistant guides may take the breakfast that very night.
What physical requirement is necessary?
what equipment's Nepal Pyramids provide ?
I am very slow?
Is it feasible to trek during winter?
Drinking water arrangements?
Any chances of Altitude sickness?
Do I need to have travel insurance?
Device charging, hot-shower and Wi-Fi facility?
Over trivial cost all tea houses provide you with super-hot showers, if not hot-bucket shower is always available.
Not all but most lodges provide you with Wi-Fi over some charges but not always reliable.
Why always trek with local company?
⭐ This unfamiliar rolling road trip to Dhunche is special with its picturesque magnificence, providing you with the opportunity of a glimpse of Ganesh Himal, prehistoric farming terraces and massive green hills.
⭐ To find yourself in these untouched settlement of Thulo Sybru and Lama Hotel, interacting with the local (The Tamangs), knowing their time honored song, culture, flora and fauna is a great new experience.
⭐ Getting to Langtang village through the extensive valley which in reality is a true territory of the yaks and their grazing pasture is something that leaves you with satisfaction. The view of the mountains around is incredible.
⭐ Moreover, along with the exceptional walk to Kyangjin Gompa, a beautiful valley at the lap of Langtang Lirung you will have a great option of visiting the Nepal’s first cheese factory established by the Swiss volunteers in the late 1950s.
⭐ Side excursion to Kyangjin Ri (4770 m) or Tsergo Ri (4980 m) for the view of grandiose mountains is a must do activity which is simply remarkable.
Langtang valley, the closest trekking destination to Kathmandu is the site of largest single catastrophe of 2015 earthquake that got immeasurably wrecked. Witness the transformation over this fascinating Langtang after 2015 earthquake.
DAY 01: IN KATHMANDU (1,400 m/4,593 ft)
Soon you land in Kathmandu airport your group leader will be there to greet you and transfer you to the hotel. Despite, the capital city of Nepal certainly being the busiest with hectic traffic it undoubtedly has a strong appeal with local splendor and vigorous activities around, where you can simply relax and take pleasure in the fun of driving through the unfamiliar roads.
• Pick up from the international airport.
• Transfer to hotel by your Group Leader.
• Short preliminary briefing.
• Arriving early gives you an opportunity to explore Kathmandu.
• Welcome dinner and getting to know each other.
DAY 02: IN THE CAPITAL
Today would be the most exhilarating day where your leader introduces you to our city tour expert who guides you to the most pious Hindu and Buddhist religious place that are listed in the world heritage sites and elucidates you the entire mysticism over its existence.
• Breakfast depending on your choice and preference.
• Meet-up at 9 am for the tour.
• Visit to Boudhanath Stupa and Pashupatinath.
• Lunch on your preference.
• Getting together for trek briefing as per the time given by your leader.
• Distribution of company’s trek equipment’s.
DAY 03: DRIVE TO DHUNCHE (1,960 m/6,430 ft) 7 – 8 hrs.
112 km, 69 miles drive to Dhunche, the administrative center and the Capital of Rasuwa district in a private jeep through basic winding road is a thrilling experience and very entertaining giving you ample opportunity to know how locals live up to drive through these winding roads in local bus which are often enormously packed. We enter into the territory of peace loving ethnicity of Tamangs.
• Early wake up call to skip any uncertainty of traffic jam, 7/8 hours’ drive.
• Fabulous scenery while cruising through this sensational slender road.
• A very relaxing multiple breaks gives you time to stretch and enjoy.
• We enter into a different district of Nuwakot and Lunch stop at beautiful Trishuli Bazaar.
• Being in Dhunche, a beautiful town unlike Kathmandu will definitely add more excitement to your anticipation.
DAY 04: TREK TO THULO SYABRU (2,210 m/7,250 ft) 5 – 6 hrs.
Today we walk the trail with initial walking on the main road till we get to the village of Thulo Barkhu. Leaving the highway we walk into the forest with infrequent steep climb that eventually lands us to a small but beautiful settlement of Brabal 2200 m for lunch. After lunch we descend all the way down through bamboo forest to Thulo Syabru, a pleasant village situated at the cliff edge.
• Unbelievable hike through woodland.
• Lunch at Brabal village is another attraction.
• View of Ganesh Himal and Langtang range is electrifying.
• Overnight stay at pleasant village of Thulo Syabru is a bewitching experience.
• Appreciate the local architecture which you can literally see on the carved wooden windows and doors.
DAY 05: TREK TO LAMA HOTEL (2,410 m/7,906 ft) 5 hrs
After breakfast the trail descends through the terraced fields with corn and millet till we get to the base of Landslide settlement. Another 45 min gradual walk takes us to the village of Bamboo for lunch. Couple of hours steep climb through woodland with lots of rocky steps takes us to the village Rimche. Additional 20 minutes takes us to Lama Hotel, a small village located at the banks of the wild Langtang River fenced by lush green forests.
• Incredible hike with awesome landscape setting.
• The view of Langtang river valley is incredible.
• Lunch break at Bamboo is worth it.
• Walking to Lama Hotel through woodland is electrifying.
• Overnight stay, despite the basic accommodation marvelous dinner and chill out follows.
DAY 06: TREK TO LANGTANG OR MUNDU (3,543 m/11,621 ft) 6 hrs.
Leaving Lama hotel we set off into the woodland trail of rhododendron, pine and maple. This 3 hours gradual up walk to the village of Ghodatabla into the lush forest is electrifying with so much floras to see and may encounter few wildlife. After lunch gradually we leave the tree-line area and get into the alpine with the grand view of Langtang Lirung 7227 m. Eventually walking into the wider version of the Himalayan trail we get to Langtang village which was utterly ravaged by the 2015 earthquake taking countless innocent lives. We further trek to the village of Mundu for overnight stay.
NOTE: after the 2015 devastating earthquake the village of Langtang is under restoration since the village was of single mass catastrophe. A change in overnight stay is possible.
• Incredible hike through the dramatic forest setup.
• Being in the shade away from harsh days sun is soothing.
• Lunch at Ghodatabla is another attrachtion.
• Getting into alpine leaving the tree line is adventurous.
• Numerous prayer wheels, prayer flags, chortens, and prayer walls gives you the Tibetan Buddhism understanding.
DAY 07: TREK TO KYANJIN GOMPA (3,730 m/12,237 ft) 4 hrs
Leaving Langtang we set off into the wide Himalayan meadow where the valley opens further before us with an outstanding view of snow-capped mountains surrounding us. Today’s short walk through several small streams with multiple small bridges and boulder tail guides us to dramatic settlement of Kyangjin Gompa.
• Unbelievable hike into the Himalayan meadow with remarkable view.
• Thrilling experience being into the thin air.
• View of Langtang Ri (6,370 m.) and Langtang Lirung (7,245 m.)and other neighboring peaks.
• Being at dramatic setting of Kyangjin Gompa is incredible.
• Lunch and free afternoon for self-exploration.
DAY 08: REST DAY AT KYANJIN GOMPA AND MORNING EXCURSION TO KYANGJIN RI.
Early wake up call for morning excursion to Kyangjin Ri 4300 m for the sunrise view along with spectacular panoramic mountain view. We head back down to lodge for breakfast and explore the area that includes the ancient monastery and the Cheese factory founded in 1955 by Swiss Association for Technical Assistance (SATA). After lunch we hike to the glacier of Langtang Lirung.
• Fabulous sunrise from Kyangjin Ri.
• Ample opportunity for photography with majestic surrounding mountains at the backdrop.
• Visit the monastery and the cheese factory with its history.
• Explore to Langtang Lirung glacier is another attraction.
• Free afternoon for fun activities.
DAY 09: TREK BACK TO LAMA HOTEL (2,410 m/7,906 ft) 5hrs
From Kyangjin we retrace our trail back to Lama Hotel through the same lush forest trail following the Langtang river. Via Langtang village and Ghoda Tabela we descend all the way passing through several prayer walls and traditional Tamang village we get to Lama hotel.
DAY 10: TREK TO SYABRU BESI (1,460 m/4,790 ft)
After breakfast we descend the steep trail through woodland following the Langtang River to the beautiful settlement of Bamboo. Through the forest of bamboo and pine we further descend to several other traditional cultural Tamang settlements and eventually after crossing the suspension bridge we get to Syabru Besi, a beautiful town. It’s time to relish and recall.
• Being it a last night fun activities follows with dancing, eating, drinking and tipping.
DAY 11: MORNING DRIVE TO KATHMANDU.
After breakfast we drive back to the capital city of Kathmandu with yet another pleasant view of beautiful landscape, mountains, ancient terraces, villages and gorges. We retrace our route with lunch at convenient point. Back to civilization.
DAY 12: DEPARTURE DAY
Depending on your flight schedule airport transportation will be provided. Your leader will be there to send you off home.
Dates & Cost
|Trip Start Date||Trip End Date||Price||Status|
|US$ 1090||Book Now|
✅ National park entry fees, conservation fees, trekking permit, TIMS permit.
✅ Airport pickups and drops facility on both Domestic and International flights.
✅ Three star twin bed sharing hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu on Bed / Breakfast basis.
✅ Welcome dinner in a typical traditional Nepali restaurant.
✅ Half day guided city sightseeing with paid entrance fee.
✅ All Government and Local tax.
✅ Fundamental trekking gears like sleeping bag, down jacket fleece liner etc.
✅ All Ground transportation to and from preferred destination as per the itinerary.
✅ Tea-house accommodation or tented camp as per the trek.
✅ Properly boiled hot water for drinking every morning and evening.
✅ Meals (Lunch, dinner, breakfast with hot beverages) during trek.
✅ An accomplished trekking Group Leader and assistant guides.
✅ Oxygen cylinders and an all-inclusive medical kit on all trips.
✅ Take away Nepal Pyramids duffel bag, T-shirt and trekking Map.
✅ Local staff insurance.
✅ Porter service.
✅ Porters’ Clothing.
❌ Fee levied on Nepali visa.
❌ All personal expenses including Food while in Kathmandu.
❌ International flight fares.
❌ Medical examination or emergency rescues.
❌ Staff Tipping.
❌ Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu on early arrival.
❌ Travel or medical insurance.
❌ Optional tours and sightseeing or any activities during free time.
❌ Other personal expenses – laundry, battery charges, shower etc.