Langtang Helicopter Trek – 8 Days
The number of days required for Langtang Helicopter Trek will be dispersed as:
- Trekking Days: 04 Days.
- Helicopter Tour: 01 Day
- Kathmandu Stay: 02 Days.
- Departure Day: 01 Day.
Langtang The enchanting valley of Langtang, the closest Himalayan National Park from the capital city of Nepal is one of the most spectacular trekking destination. Langtang Helicopter Trek is indeed very fascinating way to explore this graceful valley. Trekking into the remarkable region of Langtang is unique on its own. Established in 1976, Langtang is considered one of the most beautiful Himalayan province in Nepal that offers stunning views. The valley is within easy reach and can be accessible anytime of the year. Though a less trodden trekking destination, trekking in this delightful region gives anyone a beautiful experience of a lifetime.
The inhabitants of this region are very popularly known as the “TAMANGS” who are essentially Tibetan-Origin people who migrated to this region via the Tibet-Nepal borders. Tamangs of Langtang region are basically Buddhist followed by a mixture of Shamanism. These people are very welcoming and peace loving. They are the ones who bore the brunt of 2015 tragic earthquake. However, the 8.2 scale earthquake couldn’t succeed to put away the happiness and the beautiful smiles off the face of these people.
Still most parts of Langtang are very untouched by the outside influence. Travelers from around the world trek to these fascinating valleys of Langtang for the real trekking experience. Langtang still has the potential to give the trekkers and travelers the serenity, cultural and home-stay experience. It can still offer the genuine peace of mind which people sincerely seek in the mountains.
Langtang Helicopter Trek Summary:
The trek starts with a 141 km drive to the beautiful town of Syabru Besi. The Drive through the slender highway is phenomenal. The next day after crossing the Langtang River we walk through the lush woodland to the village of Lama Hotel. Gradually walking on the most enchanting trail through forest and alpine setting we get to our last settlement of Kyangjin Gompa. The settlement of Langtang village and Kyangjin are very well positioned at the lap of the high snow-capped Himalayas.
We spend one more extra night in the most stunning town fenced by the high mountains. The excursion we undertake around Kyangjin for the awesome view of the valley is significantly worth it. The next day, leaving the mountains behind we take a chartered Helicopter to Kathmandu with the most exciting birds-eye view of the region.
- DAY 01: Arrive in Kathmandu (1400 m/4,593 ft), transfer to Hotel.
- DAY 02: Drive to Syabru Besi (1,460 m/4,790 ft) 8 - 9 hours and overnight stay.
- DAY 03: Trek to Lama Hotel (2410 m/7,906 ft)
- DAY 04: Trek to Langtang (3430 m/11,253 ft)
- DAY 05: Trek to Kyanjin Gompa (3730 m/12,237 ft)
- DAY 06: Rest day at Kyanjin Gompa (3830 m/12,565 ft) side excursions.
- DAY 07: Chartered Helicopter to Kathmandu
- DAY 08: Departure Day - Transfer to the international airport.
The above itinerary is simply a guideline and is subject to alteration as per the circumstances. Your Group Leader is solely liable to bring about changes in the best interest of the group.
🌟 Drive to Syabru Besi is very pleasing with its picturesque splendor, offering you the grandiose view of vibrant hills and prehistoric farming terraces. Furthermore, it also provides you the view of Panoramic Ganesh Himal range.
🌟 Lunch at one of the Local town of the region presenting you the genuine authentic local cuisine is remarkable.
🌟 Soon you will find yourself in the beautifully located town of the Tamangs called Syabru Besi. Small excursion around this local town is something not to be missed.
🌟 Walking into the very untouched valley of Langtang and interacting with the local (The Tamangs) is very fascinating. Knowing their time honored song, culture, flora and fauna is a great new experience.
🌟 Getting to Langtang village through the extensive valley which in reality is a true territory of the yaks and their grazing pasture is something that leaves you with satisfaction. The view of the mountains around is incredible.
🌟 Witness the consequence of 2015 Earthquake that devastated the whole of Langtang village.
🌟 Kyangjin Gompa is a beautiful village at the lap of Langtang Lirung where you will have a great option of visiting the Nepal’s first cheese factory established by the Swiss volunteers in the late 1950 s.
🌟 Side excursion to Kyangjin Ri (4770 m) or Tsergo Ri (4980 m) for the view of grandiose mountains is a must do activity which is simply remarkable.
🌟 Taking Chartered HELICOPTER back to the Capital city is something very exceptional. Flying through the deep ravine of Langtang river with the backdrop of soaring snow mountains is amazing.
DAY 01: IN KATHMANDU (1400 m/4,593 ft)
After your arrival in Kathmandu airport your group leader will transfer you to the Hotel. You will be scheduled for trek briefing, equipment distribution and welcome dinner in the evening.
• Pick up from the international airport.
• Transfer to hotel.
• Get- together for trek briefing as per the time given by your leader.
• Distribution of company’s trek equipment’s.
• Welcome dinner and getting to know each other.
DAY 02: DRIVE TO SYABRUBESI (1960 m/6430 ft) 7 – 8 hrs.
Despite long hour drive to Syabru Besi in a private jeep it is a thrilling experience and very entertaining. Eventually, we enter into the territory of peace loving ethnicity of Tamangs.
• Early wake up call to skip any uncertainty of traffic jam, 7/8 hours’ drive.
• Fabulous scenery while cruising through this sensational slender road.
• A very relaxing multiple breaks gives you time to stretch and enjoy.
• We enter into a different district of Nuwakot and Lunch stop at beautiful Trishuli Bazaar.
• Being in Syabru Basi, a small town unlike Kathmandu will definitely add more excitement to your anticipation.
DAY 03: TREK TO LAMA HOTEL (2410 m/7906 ft) 6/7 hrs
After breakfast we cross Langtang river and walk through the lush green forest of bamboo, maple and oak. Gradually we get the settlement of Bamboo for lunch. After lunch couple of hours steep climb through woodland with lots of rocky steps takes us to the village of Rimche. Additional 20 minutes takes us to Lama Hotel, a small village located at the banks of the wild Langtang River fenced by lush green forests.
• Despite long hours walking its an incredible hike with awesome landscape setting.
• The view of Langtang river valley is incredible.
• Lunch break at Bamboo is worth it.
• Walking to Lama Hotel through woodland is electrifying.
• Overnight stay, despite the basic accommodation marvelous dinner and chill out follows.
DAY 04: TREK TO LANGTANG VILLAGE (3543 m/11,621 ft) 6 hrs.
Leaving Lama hotel we set off into the woodland trail of rhododendron, pine and maple. This 3 hours gradual up walk to the village of Ghodatabla into the lush forest is electrifying with so much floras to see and may encounter few wildlife. After lunch gradually we leave the tree-line area and get into the alpine with the grand view of Langtang Lirung 7227 m. Eventually walking into the wider version of the Himalayan trail we get to Langtang village which was utterly ravaged by the 2015 earthquake taking countless innocent lives.
• Incredible hike through the dramatic forest setup.
• Being in the shade away from harsh days sun is soothing.
• Lunch at Ghodatabla is another attraction.
• Getting into alpine leaving the tree line is adventurous.
• Numerous prayer wheels, prayer flags, chortens, and prayer walls gives you the Tibetan Buddhism understanding.
DAY 05: TREK TO KYANJIN GOMPA (3730 m/12,237 ft) 4 hrs
Today is a short walk and we get to our destination by lunch. Leaving Langtang we set off into the wide Himalayan meadow where the valley opens further before us with an outstanding view of snow-capped mountains surrounding us. Today’s short walk through several small streams with multiple small bridges and boulder tail guides us to dramatic settlement of Kyangjin Gompa.
• Unbelievable hike into the Himalayan meadow with remarkable view.
• Thrilling experience being into the thin air.
• View of Langtang Ri (6370 m.) and Langtang Lirung (7245 m.)and other neighboring peaks.
• Being at dramatic setting of Kyangjin Gompa is incredible.
• Lunch and free afternoon for self-exploration.
DAY 06: REST DAY AT KYANJIN GOMPA AND MORNING EXCURSION TO KYANGJIN RI.
Early wake up call for morning excursion to Kyangjin Ri 4300 m for the sunrise view along with spectacular panoramic mountain view. We head back down to lodge for breakfast and explore the area that includes the ancient monastery and the Cheese factory founded in 1955 by Swiss Association for Technical Assistance (SATA). After lunch we hike to the glacier of Langtang Lirung.
• Fabulous sunrise from Kyangjin Ri.
• Ample opportunity for photography with majestic surrounding mountains at the backdrop.
• Visit the monastery and the cheese factory with its history.
• Explore to Langtang Lirung glacier is another attraction.
• Free afternoon for fun activities
DAY 07: CHARTERED HELICOPTER TO KATHMANDU.
Depending on the Helicopter Arrival time your group leader will schedule breakfast time. We take the Chartered Helicopter back to Kathmandu flying through the stunning valley of Langtang with the backdrop of soaring mountains.
• Incredible flight through the hidden valleys.
• Unbelievable view of the dramatic Langtang setting.
• Back to the Capital City.
DAY 08: DEPARTURE DAY
Depending on your flight schedule airport transportation will be provided. You will be accompanied by your leader to the airport.
Dates & Cost
The given dates and cost is basically for both individual and group who wants to join the group or privately reserve a trip as per the favorable day and time given below. However, we organize trips all through the year to which anyone who would personally like to customize your trip in accordance with your time convenience feel free to write to us. We are available 24/7 at your service.
|Trip Start Date||Trip End Date||Price||Status|
|US$ 1350||Book Now|
- ✨ All necessary PERMITS.
✨ Helicopter as per the package/itinerary
✨ Airport pickups and drops facility on both Domestic and International flights.
✨ Luxury hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu on Bed / Breakfast basis.
✨ Private Vehicle to Syabru Besi.
✨ All ground staff and their wages + insurance.
✨ Welcome dinner at Typical Nepali Restaurant.
✨ All Government and Local tax.
✨ Fundamental trekking gears like sleeping bag, down jacket fleece liner etc.
✨ Tea-house accommodation on twin bed sharing.
✨ Properly Boiled water for drinking every morning and evening.
✨ Meals (Lunch, dinner, breakfast with hot beverages) during trek.
✨ An accomplished trekking Group Leader and local staff.
✨ Proficient Assistant Guides as per the size of the group.
✨ Staff Insurance.
✨ Oxygen cylinders and an all-inclusive medical kit on all trips.
✨ Take away Nepal Pyramids duffel bag, T-shirt and trekking Map and Buff (multi-functional head-wear)
✨ Porter service.
✨ Porters’ Clothing.
- 🚫 Fee levied on Nepali visa.
🚫 All personal expenses including lunch and dinner while in Kathmandu.
🚫 International flight fares.
🚫 Medical examination or emergency rescues.
🚫 Staff Tipping.
🚫 Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu on early arrival or late departure.
🚫 Travel or medical insurance.
🚫 Optional tours and sightseeing or any activities during free time.
🚫 Other personal expenses – laundry, battery charges, shower etc.