Gokyo Lake Trek:
The number of days required for Gokyo Lake Trek will be dispersed as:
• Trekking Days: 12 Days.
• Kathmandu Stay: 04 Days.
• Departure Day: 01 Day.
This 12 days Gokyo lake trek to the sacred lakes withing the Himalayan valleys is one among the most attractive tourist destination in the Everest region. Gokyo is sanctity for both Hindus and Buddhist as a residing place for lord Vishnu and Lord Shiva. It is undeniably an incredible journey which is spiritual. Gokyo lake trek is in reality a beautiful option to the regular and commercial Everest base camp trek. It offers you an outstanding mountain views together with dazzling series of turquoise blue freshwater high elevation glacial lakes.
The Trip Profile and Highlights:
Gokyo lake trek delivers you adventure from the very first day when you fly to the most thrilling mountain airport of Luklal. Cruising through the celebrated trail of Everest we get to the Capital of Namche. Eventually we skip the commercial Everest base camp trail and take the less trodden dramatic footway of Gokyo valley. Getting to the Khumjung, ‘The village inside the clouds’ situated at the base of the holy mountain, Khumbiyela is very impressive.
Gradually gaining the altitude we advance further into the mystical valley that provides breathtaking view. The mysticism of the Gokyo valley is so clear with its magnificence and absolute tranquility. The time you are in Machchermo, ‘Yeti Incident Place’, you would realize why Gokyo lake trek is so exceptional in comparison ample Everest trekking destinations.
Ultimately, the trip transfers you to the miraculous settlement of Gokyo. It’s the town settled next to turquoise Gokyo Lake with the backdrop of Cho-Oyu, the 6th highest mountain in the world. Being there gives you the feeling of sheer contentment which is of out of the ordinary. The highlights of Gokyo lake trek are the gorgeous turquoise lakes, climb to Gokyo-Ri and the extravagant panoramic mountain views. Furthermore it offers you with the world’s highest peaks like Everest, Cho-Oyu, Lhotse and Makalu.
- DAY 01: Arrive to Kathmandu (1,400 m/4,593 ft)
- DAY 02: Half day city tour/ afternoon trek briefing and preparation / welcome dinner.
- DAY 03: Fly to Lukla and trek to Phakding (2,610 m/8,562 ft) 3- 4 hours
- DAY 04: Trek to Namche (3,450 m/11,318 ft) 6 - 7 hours
- DAY 05: Acclimatization day at Namche /morning excursion.
- DAY 06: Trek to Khumjung (3,780 m/12,401 ft) 2 - 3 hours
- DAY 07: Trek to Dole (4,200 m/13,779 ft) 6 - 7 hours
- DAY 08: Trek to Machchermo (4,470 m/14,665 ft) 4 hours
- DAY 09: Trek to Gokyo (4,790 m/15,715 ft) 4 hours
- DAY 10: Ascent to Gokyo Ri (5,480 m / 17,979 ft) and overnight stay in Gokyo
- DAY 11: Trek to Dole
- DAY 12: Trek to Namche
- DAY 13: Trek to Phakding.
- DAY 14: Trek to Lukla
- DAY 15: Fly back to Kathmandu
- DAY 16: Contingency day in Kathmandu in case of flight cancellation.
- DAY 17: Departure day.
The above itinerary is simply a guideline and is subject to alteration as per the circumstances. Your group leader is solely liable to bring about changes in the best interest of the group.
Flight Delay/Cancellation in Kathmandu and Lukla:
The unpredictability of Flights flying to and from Lukla airport, the gateway to Mount Everest and the world’s most electrifying airport is pretty evident from its history of delays and cancellation. Diverse factors leads to the situation of cancellation including the weather, technical issues, poor visibility etc. In such conditions, Nepal Pyramids will charter a helicopter to make certain that you don’t miss your trip or your international flight. But again under these circumstances the possibility of flying helicopter depends on the Nepal Civil Aviation flying rules.
Travelers are to pay the cost of the chartered helicopter which is payable through cash, traveler’s cheques, or credit cards (Visa and Master Cards only). Travelers will be provided with receipt upon payment so that they may claim the amount from their travel insurance. The cost per person is governed by the number of people taking this facility.
Why extra night in Kathmandu???
After the trip, travelers have one additional leisure day in Kathmandu, the living heritage city. This in reality is a contingency day in case of Lukla – Kathmandu flight cancellation under certain circumstances. This certainly gives anyone more of a chance to explore Kathmandu, the capital, ‘The Shining Pearl of Asia’. Kathmandu opens to you with its beautiful temples, monuments and time honored legends and history. The city undeniably has so much to offer anyone with thrilling tour experience. Nepal Pyramids will always be there to assist you with your city exploration.
⭐ This amazing trek is so remarkable in a sense that it offers abundant opportunity to the travelers which are beyond human imagination.
⭐ Being in the adventurous Lukla airport and trekking to the cultured village of Monjo is utterly significant.
⭐ Namche, the capital of Khumbu region and excursion to Everest view lodge for the first view of world’s highest peak and its neighboring mountain will simply add up to your anticipation.
⭐ There is a profound feeling of inspiration and admiration to find yourself in the secret valley of Khumjung, Dole, and Machchermo.
⭐ Don’t miss to listen to the Machchermo ‘Yeti incident’ narrative which is overwhelming.
⭐ Finally Gokyo with breathtaking view of turquoise blue glacial lake and the world’s 6th highest mountain Cho-Oyu at the backdrop.
⭐ Climb to Gokyo Ri present you the vast understanding of why this trip is so incomparable.
“After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb.” ― Nelson Mandela
DAY 1: KATHMANDU, THE CAPITAL CITY (1,400 m/4,593 ft)
Soon you land in Kathmandu airport your group leader will be there with Nepal Pyramids board to greet you and transfer you to the hotel. Despite, the capital city of Nepal certainly being the busiest with hectic traffic it undoubtedly has a strong appeal with local splendor and vigorous activities around, where you can simply relax and take pleasure in the fun of driving through the unfamiliar roads.
• Pick up from the international airport.
• Transfer to hotel by your Group Leader.
• Short preliminary briefing.
• Arriving early gives you an opportunity to explore Kathmandu.
• Welcome dinner and getting to know each other.
DAY 2: IN KATHMANDU
Today would be the most exhilarating day where your leader introduces you to our city tour expert who guides you to the most pious Hindu and Buddhist religious place that are listed in the world heritage sites and elucidates you the entire mysticism over its existence.
• Breakfast depending on your choice and preference.
• Meet-up at 9 am for the tour.
• Visit to Boudhanath Stupa and Pashupatinath.
• Lunch on your preference.
• Getting together for trek briefing as per the time given by your leader.
• Distribution of company’s trek equipment’s.
DAY 03: FLIGHT TO LUKLA (2,800 m / 9,186 ft) TREK TO PHAKDING (2,600 m/8,530 ft) 3/4 hrs
This 3/4 hours easy walk on the legendary trekking trail through the cultured Sherpa villages with its exceptional beauty and the view of stunning landscape, deep valley and Dudh Koshi gorge is unique.
• Flying in a twin-otter plane to a small Lukla airport at the elevation of 2840 m
• Beautiful walk through the series of stunning native settlement
• Phenomenal sight of profound gorges, ancient farming terraces and the scenic beauty at the backdrop is something special on the very first day.
• Overnight stay at stunning Phakding, fabulous dinner and briefing by your leader along with number of fascinating stories.
DAY 04 - 05: TREK TO NAMCHE BAZAAR (3,450 m / 11,318 ft) 7 hrs. ACCLIMATIZATION DAY
Today we will start early for Namche Bazaar, the capital and the Administrative Center of the Khumbu district. It’s more of a luxurious city in the middle of no way in the midst of remoteness and thin air. Despite long hours walk it’s far more than just trekking. Give time to adapt your body with thin air. It’s not a matter about proving your physical strength, its more about taking pleasure with steady ascend.
• Wake up call as set by your leader
• 3 hours gentle walk through series of pleasant villages to the last settlement of Jorsale for lunch
• Crossing of 5 high suspension bridges is daring.
• The scenic beauty, deep gorges of soaring cliffs at the backdrop is phenomenal.
• Being at Namche, the dream land is remarkable which is worth an effort.
• 1 and ½ hours amazing walk for acclimatization.
• Walk to Syangbuche, one of the enchanting place in the region with the world’s highest airstrip.
• The close view of the magnificent mountain, extensive green hills, the Tibetan Buddhist culture and to witness the territory of the yaks is charismatic
• The first view of the world’s highest mountain (Mt. Everest)
DAY 06: TREK TO KHUMJUNG (3,780 m / 12,401 ft) 3 hrs.
Short and relaxing walk to the “Valley inside the Clouds”, Khumjung, situated at the base of the holy mountain, Khumbiyela is exceptionally sensational. Khumjung, the green hidden valley is indeed very enchanting with its extent making it one of the largest settlement in the region and with all the green painted roofs giving it more of a peaceful appearance.
• 2 and ½ hours easy walk
• Visit to yak farm, school built by Edmund Hillary and the Khumjung monastery to witness the scalp of the yeti is another legendary quest.
• Free afternoon for self-exploration around the village of Khumjung.
DAY 07: TREK TO DOLE (4,200 m/13,779 ft) 6 hrs.
We skip the overcrowded traditional Everest base camp trial and enter into the most beautiful section of Gokyo valley with the most amazing setting.
• Fabulous walk to the ridge of Mong-La with stunning mountain views.
• Deep drop to the Gokyo gorge for lunch with chances to see musk deer
• Enchanting walk to Dole through the forest of rhododendron, pine and maple.
• Unlike many other settlement the this small settlement of Dole is exceptional of its kind
DAY 08: TREK TO MACHCHERMO (4,470 m/14,665 ft) 4 hrs
Leaving Dole we walk into the wider version of trail into the open valley with outstanding view of enormous mountain and deep valley. This effortless walk into the Himalayan meadow is awe-inspiring. Machchermo, the place of yeti incident is situated at the foot of Machchermo peak is another attraction.
• Beautiful walk with the most beautiful landscape view.
• Effortless short walk to Machchermo where the valley opens wide with its magnificence.
• Listen to the Machchermo Yeti incident that occurred around 1974.
• Free afternoon for small excursion or take it as leisure.
DAY 9: TREK TO GOKYO (4,790 m/15,715 ft) 4-5 hrs.
Away from the tree line area, gradual ascent is recommended. Today is another beautiful walk where mountains like Cholatse, Tabuch, Cho-Oyu unfolds before us with the series of turquoise blue lakes.
• remarkable walk in the open valley of wide Himalayan meadow is peaceful
• Walking up to the stunning 1st, 2nd and 3rd lake of Gokyo is remarkable.
• Getting to Gokyo, a lovely settlement with the backdrop of world’s sixth highest mountain Cho-Oyu is significant.
DAY 10: ASCENT TO GOKYO RI (5,480 m / 17,979 ft) AND OVERNIGHT STAY IN GOKYO
Now is the time for epic climb to Gokyo Ri, the point to value your dream and the sensational Himalayan vistas all around. The climb is challenging but the view from the top surpasses the wildest imagination. After making historic success to Gokyo Ri, we will descend down for breakfast and enjoy our free stroll in Gokyo. Likewise, you may descend further down if you wish to have more luxury time in the lower elevation settlement away from the thin air.
• Phenomenal sunrise view
• A very rewarding moment being at 5480 m with exceptional panoramic mountain view and the lake view.
DAY 11: TREK TO DOLE 6 -7 hrs.
We retrace our steps back to Dole getting ourselves back to the tree line area where you would realize your breathing getting back to normal. It’s pretty wonderful looking back on our effort while descending.
DAY 12: TREK TO NAMCHE 6 -7 hrs.
It’s more of a retreat getting back to Namche the trail we walked few days ago with so much to recall.
• Effortless walk to Phortse Tenga with still more chances to encounter wild life.
• Short but challenging climb to Mong La.
• Give yourself a break at Namche either with drinks or buying souvenirs.
DAY 13: TREK TO PHAKDING (2600m)
We retrace down the way through steep descent and the number of suspension bridges once again to Phakding.
DAY 14: TREK TO LUKLA
Being it a last night fun activities follows with dancing, eating, drinking and tipping.
Day 15 - 16: FLY TO KATHMANDU AND CONTINGENCY DAY
Sensational flight back to the capital city of Kathmandu. You have a contingency day in Kathmandu in case of Lukla-Kathmandu flight cancellation which can be appropriately exploited exploring around the city that has so much to offer.
• Morning flight to Kathmandu
• Explore the Capital City of Kathmandu as per your requirements.
DAY 17: DEPARTURE DAY
Depending on your flight schedule airport transportation will be provided. Your leader will be there to send you off home.
Dates & Cost
|Trip Start Date||Trip End Date||Price||Status|
|US$ 1600||Book Now|
✅ National park entry fees, conservation fees, trekking permit, TIMS permit.
✅ Airport pickups and drops facility on both Domestic and International flights.
✅ Three star twin bed sharing hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu on Bed / Breakfast basis.
✅ Welcome dinner in a typical traditional Nepali restaurant.
✅ Half day guided city sightseeing with paid entrance fee.
✅ All Government and Local tax.
✅ DOMESTIC FLIGHTS FROM KATHMANDU / LUKLA AND LUKLA / KATHMANDU.
✅ Fundamental trekking gears like sleeping bag, down jacket fleece liner etc.
✅ Tea-house accommodation or tented camp as per the trek.
✅ Properly boiled hot water for drinking every morning and evening.
✅ Meals (Lunch, dinner, breakfast with hot beverages) during trek.
✅ An accomplished trekking Group Leader and assistant guides.
✅ Staff insurance.
✅ Oxygen cylinders and an all-inclusive medical kit on all trips.
✅ Take away Nepal Pyramids duffel bag, T-shirt, Buff (multi functional head-wear) and trekking Map.
✅ Porter service.
✅ Porters’ Clothing.
❌ Fee levied on Nepali visa.
❌ All personal expenses including Food while in Kathmandu.
❌ International flight fares.
❌ Medical examination or emergency rescues.
❌ Staff Tipping.
❌ Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu on early arrival.
❌ Travel or medical insurance.
❌ Optional tours and sightseeing or any activities during free time.
❌ Other personal expenses – laundry, battery charges, shower etc.