Gokyo Lake – Chola Pass and Everest Base Camp:
The number of days required for Gokyo Lake – Chola Pass and Everest Base Camp Trek will be dispersed as:
• Trekking Days: 15 Days.
• Kathmandu Stay: 04 Days.
• Departure Day: 01 Day.
Gokyo lake Chola – pass and Everest base camp trek is one among the marvelous and thrilling trekking routes in Everest region. Furthermore, it is a combination of two different enchanting valleys through the daring Chola pass (5,420 m/17,782 ft) that delivers real wilderness experience. It’s specially for travelers who and are keen to experience the real luxury of beauty going through diverse highlands. Furthermore, the trek provides anyone more opportunity and understanding unlike the regular and commercial valley-trail to Everest base camp.
It’s an adventure from the very first day you fly into the world’s most dangerous airport, Lukla. From Namche, the diversion form the commercial trail takes you to the less trodden valley of Gokyo. This secret valley of Gokyo with series of magnificent turquoise blue lakes is more of a sacred and sanctified place. It is certainly blessed with exceptional mountain setting and amazing natural beauty. It’s a sacred place for both Hindus and Buddhist. Very much like Gosaikunda lake during one particular festival season many Hindus from around world visit Gokyo to take the holy bath in the lake.
Chola Pass Quest:
The view of Cho-Oyu, the 6th highest mountain in the world dominates the entire Gokyo valley. Next morning going over the Ngozumpa glacier, one of the longest glacier in the Himalayas is something very challenging and rewarding. Anyone would sense the real wilderness experience while being at isolate village of Thangnak overnight. Walking into the unfamiliar and very untouched valley and over the Chola pass will significantly make your day. Significantly, being at base of the world’s highest mountain gives you a great sense of achievements. The highlights of this trip are: terrific Lukla flight, the gorgeous lakes, climb to Gokyo-Ri, daring Chola pass and Everest base camp and the extravagant panoramic mountain views. Consequently it offers you with the view of the world’s highest peaks like Everest, Cho-Oyu, Lhotse and Makalu.
Join and feel the difference.
- DAY 01: Arrive to Kathmandu (1,400 m/4,593 ft)
- DAY 02: Half day city tour/ afternoon trek briefing and preparation / welcome dinner.
- DAY 03: Fly to Lukla and trek to Phakding (2,610 m/8,562 ft) 3 - 4 hours
- DAY 04: Trek to Namche (3,450 m/11,318 ft) 6 - 7 hours
- DAY 05: Acclimatization day at Namche /morning excursion.
- DAY 06: Trek to Khumjung (3,780 m/12,401 ft) 2 - 3 hours
- DAY 07: Trek to Dole (4,200 m/13,779 ft) 6 - 7 hours
- DAY 08: Trek to Machchermo (4,470 m/14,665 ft) 4 hours
- DAY 09: Trek to Gokyo (4,790 m/15,715 ft) 4 hours
- DAY 10: Trek to Dragnak (4,700 m/15,419 ft) 3 - 4 hours
- DAY 11: Trek to Dzongla (4,830 m/15,846 ft) via Chola pass (5,420 m/17,782 ft) 8 - 9 hours
- DAY 12: Trek to Lobuche (4,910 m/16,108 ft) 4 hours
- DAY 13: Trek to Goraksherp (5,189 m/17,024 ft) trek to Everest base camp.
- DAY 14: Morning excursion to Kalapathar (5,545 m/18,192 ft) and Trek to Pangbuche (3,930 m/12,893 ft)
- DAY 05: Trek to Namche
- DAY 16: Trek to Phakding
- DAY 17: Trek to Lukla
- DAY 18: Fly back to Kathmandu
- DAY 19: Contingency day in Kathmandu in case of flight cancellation.
- DAY 20: Departure day
The above itinerary is simply a guideline and is subject to alteration as per the circumstances. Your group leader is solely liable to bring about changes in the best interest of the group.
Flight Delay/Cancellation in Kathmandu and Lukla:
The unpredictability of Flights flying to and from Lukla airport, the gateway to Mount Everest and the world’s most electrifying airport is pretty evident from its history of delays and cancellation. Diverse factors leads to the situation of cancellation including the weather, technical issues, poor visibility etc. In such conditions, Nepal Pyramids will charter a helicopter to make certain that you don’t miss your trip or your international flight. But again under these circumstances the possibility of flying helicopter depends on the Nepal Civil Aviation flying rules.
Travelers are to pay the cost of the chartered helicopter which is payable through cash, traveler’s cheques, or credit cards (Visa and Master Cards only). Travelers will be provided with receipt upon payment so that they may claim the amount from their travel insurance. The cost per person is governed by the number of people taking this facility.
Why extra night in Kathmandu???
After the trip, travelers have one additional leisure day in Kathmandu, the living heritage city, which in reality is a contingency day in case of Lukla – Kathmandu flight cancellation under certain circumstances. This certainly gives anyone more of a chance to explore Kathmandu, the capital, ‘The Shining Pearl of Asia’ with its beautiful temples, monuments and time honored legends and history. The city undeniably has so much to offer anyone with thrilling tour experience. Nepal Pyramids will always be there to assist you with your city exploration.
⭐ Along with the traditional Sherpa village it’s very peaceful walking into the deep valley of Gokyo which is sincerely spectacular.
⭐ Getting to Machchermo and listening to the incident about the Machchermo yeti legendary is an added highlight of the trek.
⭐ As you climb higher, the view of Cho-Oyu (8210 m/26,906 ft) – world’s sixth highest mountain and Ngozumpa Glacier- the largest glacier in the whole Himalayas is simply phenomenal.
⭐ Going over challenging but very rewarding Chola pass is a different experience that offers you a handsome opportunity to walk over the outstanding chola glacier and the stunning valley of everest.
⭐ Eventually getting to Everest base camp, ascending Kalapathar for the sunrise and descending thousand meters down to Pangbuche is worthwhile.
⭐ Finally celebrating your last night in Lukla and flying in a small twin-otter plane back to Kathmandu is breathtaking leaving you with so much contentment and appreciation.
DAY 1: KATHMANDU, THE CAPITAL CITY (1,400 m/4,593 ft)
Soon you land in Kathmandu airport your group leader will be there with Nepal Pyramids board to greet you and transfer you to the hotel. Despite, the capital city of Nepal certainly being the busiest with hectic traffic it undoubtedly has a strong appeal with local splendor and vigorous activities around, where you can simply relax and take pleasure in the fun of driving through the unfamiliar roads.
• Pick up from the international airport.
• Transfer to hotel by your Group Leader.
• Short preliminary briefing.
• Arriving early gives you an opportunity to explore Kathmandu.
• Welcome dinner and getting to know each other.
DAY 2: IN KATHMANDU
Today would be the most exhilarating day where your leader introduces you to our city tour expert who guides you to the most pious Hindu and Buddhist religious place that are listed in the world heritage sites and elucidates you the entire mysticism over its existence.
• Breakfast depending on your choice and preference.
• Meet-up at 9 am for the tour.
• Visit to Boudhanath Stupa and Pashupatinath.
• Lunch on your preference.
• Getting together for trek briefing as per the time given by your leader.
• Distribution of company’s trek equipment’s.
DAY 03: FLIGHT TO LUKLA (2,800 m / 9,186 ft) TREK TO PHAKDING (2,600 m/8,530 ft) 3/4 hrs
This 3/4 hours easy walk on the legendary trekking trail through the cultured Sherpa villages with its exceptional beauty and the view of stunning landscape, deep valley and Dudh Koshi gorge is unique.
• Flying in a twin-otter plane to a small Lukla airport at the elevation of 2840 m
• Beautiful walk through the series of stunning native settlement
• Phenomenal sight of profound gorges, ancient farming terraces and the scenic beauty at the backdrop is something special on the very first day.
• Overnight stay at stunning Phakding, fabulous dinner and briefing by your leader along with number of fascinating stories.
DAY 04 - 05: TREK TO NAMCHE BAZAAR (3,450 m / 11,318ft) 7 hrs. ACCLIMATIZATION DAY
Today we will start early for Namche Bazaar, the capital and the Administrative Center of the Khumbu district. It’s more of a luxurious city in the middle of no way in the midst of remoteness and thin air. Despite long hours walk it’s far more than just trekking. Give time to adapt your body with thin air. It’s not a matter about proving your physical strength, its more about taking pleasure with steady ascend.
• Wake up call as set by your leader
• 3 hours gentle walk through series of pleasant villages to the last settlement of Jorsale for lunch
• Crossing of 5 high suspension bridges is daring.
• The scenic beauty, deep gorges of soaring cliffs at the backdrop is phenomenal.
• Being at Namche, the dream land is remarkable which is worth an effort.
• 1 and ½ hours amazing walk for acclimatization.
• Walk to Syangbuche, one of the enchanting place in the region with the world’s highest airstrip.
• The close view of the magnificent mountain, extensive green hills, the Tibetan Buddhist culture and to witness the territory of the yaks is charismatic
• The first view of the world’s highest mountain (Mt. Everest)
DAY 06: TREK TO KHUMJUNG (3,780 m / 12,401ft) 3 hrs.
Short and relaxing walk to the “Valley inside the Clouds”, Khumjung, situated at the base of the holy mountain, Khumbiyela is exceptionally sensational. Khumjung, the green hidden valley is indeed very enchanting with its extent making it one of the largest settlement in the region and with all the green painted roofs giving it more of a peaceful appearance.
• 2 and ½ hours easy walk
• Visit to yak farm, school built by Edmund Hillary and the Khumjung monastery to witness the scalp of the yeti is another legendary quest.
• Free afternoon for self-exploration around the village of Khumjung.
DAY 07: TREK TO DOLE (4,200 m/13,779 ft) 6 hrs.
We skip the overcrowded traditional Everest base camp trial and enter into the most beautiful section of Gokyo valley with the most amazing setting.
• Fabulous walk to the ridge of Mong-La with stunning mountain views.
• Deep drop to the gokyo gorge for lunch with chances to see musk deer
• Enchanting walk to Dole through the forest of rhododendron, pine and maple.
• Unlike many other settlement the this small settlement of Dole is exceptional of its kind
DAY 08: TREK TO MACHCHERMO (4,470 m/14,665 ft) 4 hrs
Leaving Dole we walk into the wider version of trail into the open valley with outstanding view of enormous mountain and deep valley. This effortless walk into the Himalayan meadow is awe-inspiring. Machchermo, the place of yeti incident is situated at the foot of Machchermo peak is another attraction.
• Beautiful walk with the most beautiful landscape view.
• Effortless short walk to Machchermo where the valley opens wide with its magnificence.
• Listen to the Machchermo Yeti incident that occurred around 1974.
• Free afternoon for small excursion or take it as leisure.
DAY 9: TREK TO GOKYO (4,790 m/15,715 ft) 4-5 hrs.
Away from the tree line area, gradual ascent is recommended. Today is another beautiful walk where mountains like Cholatse, Tabuch, Cho-Oyu unfolds before us with the series of turquoise blue lakes.
• remarkable walk in the open valley of wide Himalayan meadow is peaceful
• Walking up to the stunning 1st, 2nd and 3rd lake of Gokyo is remarkable.
• Getting to Gokyo, a lovely settlement with the backdrop of world’s sixth highest mountain Cho-Oyu is significant.
DAY 10: ASCENT TO GOKYO RI (5,480 m / 17,979 ft) AND TREK TO DRAGNAK (4,700 m/15,419 ft) 3 hrs
Now is the time for epic climb to Gokyo Ri, the point to value your dream and the sensational Himalayan vistas all around. The climb is challenging but the view from the top surpasses the wildest imagination. After making historic success to Gokyo Ri, we will descend down for breakfast and descend further down to Dragnak through Ngozumpa Glacier, the longest glacier in the Himalayas. Dragnak, a small settlement is very secluded but very lively
• Phenomenal sunrise view
• A very rewarding moment being at 5480 m with exceptional panoramic mountain view and the lake view.
• It’s a thrilling experience to get across the Ngozumba glacier with the sounds of ice cracking, river flowing and rocks rolling in the glacier.
• View of small glacial lakes around.
• Good view of Mt Cho Oyu from the glacier.
• Be cautious on the rock fall zone.
• Free afternoon
Day 11: TREK TO DZONGLA (4,830 m/15,846 ft) VIA CHOLA PASS (5,420 m/17,782 ft)
Another early wake up for a challenging 5 hour climb to the top of Chola Pass, the exquisite glacial pass. Today you would walk into yet another very untouched alpine valley with the mysterious landscape setting. After the accomplishment we have 3 hours technical descent through rock face trail to Dzongla. Dzongla with an unbelievable view of Cholatse at the backdrop is sensational.
• Early wake up for another incredible Chola Pass.
• Scrambling skills will be required for the glacier moraine to get over and below the pass.
• Close up mountains view all around.
• The walk across the icy glacier is sensational.
• Basic crampon recommended for the pass.
• Great view of Amadablam, Cholatse and many more mountains on the way down.
DAY 12: TREK TO LOBUCHE (4,910 m/16,108 ft)
It’s time to get back into the bustling zone of regular Everest base camp trail. An easy enchanting 3 hours walk with the most intriguing panoramic view is overwhelming.
• Amazing view of Nuptse, Pumori, Amadablam, Cholatse and many others along the way.
• Back in to the main route to Everest base camp.
• Free afternoon.
Day 13: TREK TO GORAK SHEP (5,288 m /17,349 ft) 3 hrs / TREK TO EVEREST BASE CAMP (5,360 m/17,585 ft) 5 hrs
Leaving Lobuche this 3 hours walk to Gorak Shep is out of the ordinary through the rocky moraine undulating trail. Gorak Shep, the spectacular village is surround by Pumari (7,145 m), Lingtren (6,697 m), Nuptse (7,745 m) and of course Everest (8,848 m).
• Spectacular view of the Khumbu ice fall with soaring mountain
• Trek to fascinating Everest base camp after lunch
• View of the base camp and the blue ice pinnacles of the ice-fall is astonishing
• Challenging but very rewarding walk to the fro from the base camp
DAY 14: MORNING WALK TO KALAPATTHAR (5,545 m /18,192 ft) 4 hrs AND TREK TO PHERICHE (4,240 m/13,901 ft), 4 - 5 hrs
Now is the time for epic climb to Kalapathar, the point to value your dream and the sensational Himalayan vistas all around. The climb is challenging but the view from the top surpasses the wildest imagination. After making historic success to Everest Base Camp and Kalapattar, we will descend down to the settlement of Pheriche descending at least a 1000 m below.
• Phenomenal sunrise view
• A very rewarding moment being at 5545 m with exceptional panoramic mountain view.
• Overnight at Pheriche, which is way tranquil being away from all the hardship and the thin air.
DAY 15: TREK TO NAMCHE 6 -7 hrs. DIFFERENT ROUTE
We retrace our steps back to Pangbuche getting ourselves back to the tree line area where you would realize your breathing getting back to normal. It’s pretty wonderful looking back on our effort to Everest base camp from the Tyengbuche ridge. Walk to Namche on a fresh route makes anyone cheerful of their accomplishment.
• Effortless walk to Tyengbuche monastery, the most active monastery in the Everest region.
• Visit to the monastery and lighting the butter lamp is an incredible experience
• Witness the untold history and the activities of Tyengbuche
• Give yourself a break at Namche either with drinks or buying souvenirs.
DAY 16: TREK TO PHAKDING (2600 m)
We retrace down the way through steep descent and the suspension bridges once again to Phakding.
DAY 17: TREK TO LUKLA
Being it a last night fun activities follows with dancing, eating, drinking and tipping.
Day 18 - 19: FLY TO KATHMANDU AND CONTINGENCY DAY
Sensational flight back to the capital city of Kathmandu. You have a contingency day in Kathmandu in case of Lukla-Kathmandu flight cancellation which can be appropriately exploited exploring around the city that has so much to offer.
• Morning flight to Kathmandu
• Explore the Capital City of Kathmandu as per your requirements.
DAY 20: DEPARTURE DAY
Depending on your flight schedule airport transportation will be provided.
Dates & Cost
|Trip Start Date||Trip End Date||Price||Status|
|US$ 1800||Book Now|
✅ National park entry fees, conservation fees, trekking permit, TIMS permit.
✅ Airport pickups and drops facility on both Domestic and International flights.
✅ Three star twin bed sharing hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu on Bed / Breakfast basis.
✅ Welcome dinner in a typical traditional Nepali restaurant.
✅ Half day guided city sightseeing with paid entrance fee.
✅ All Government and Local tax.
✅ Domestic flights as per the itinerary.
✅ Fundamental trekking gears like sleeping bag, down jacket fleece liner etc.
✅ Tea-house accommodation or tented camp as per the trek.
✅ Properly boiled hot water for drinking every morning and evening.
✅ Meals (Lunch, dinner, breakfast with hot beverages) during trek.
✅ An accomplished trekking Group Leader and assistant guides.
✅ Staff insurance.
✅ Oxygen cylinders and an all-inclusive medical kit on all trips.
✅ Take away Nepal Pyramids duffel bag, T-shirt and trekking Map.
✅ Porter service.
✅ Porters’ Clothing.
❌ Fee levied on Nepali visa.
❌ All personal expenses including Food while in Kathmandu.
❌ International flight fares.
❌ Medical examination or emergency rescues.
❌ Staff Tipping.
❌ Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu on early arrival.
❌ Travel or medical insurance.
❌ Optional tours and sightseeing or any activities during free time.
❌ Other personal expenses – laundry, battery charges, shower etc.