Langtang Helicopter Trek – 8 Days
The number of days required for Langtang Helicopter Trek will be dispersed as:
- Trekking Days: 04 Days.
- Helicopter Tour: 01 Day
- Kathmandu Stay: 02 Days.
- Departure Day: 01 Day.
Langtang The enchanting valley of Langtang, the closest Himalayan National Park from the capital city of Nepal is one of the most spectacular trekking destination. Trekking into the remarkable region of Langtang is unique on its own. Established in 1976, Langtang is considered one of the most beautiful Himalayan province in Nepal that offers stunning views. The valley is within easy reach and can be accessible anytime of the year. Though a less trodden trekking destination, trekking in this delightful region gives anyone a beautiful experience of a lifetime.
The inhabitants of this region are very popularly known as the “TAMANGS” who are essentially Tibetan-Origin people who migrated to this region via the Tibet-Nepal borders. Tamangs of Langtang region are basically Buddhist followed by a mixture of Shamanism. These people are very welcoming and peace loving. They are the ones who bore the brunt of 2015 tragic earthquake. However, the 8.2 scale earthquake couldn’t succeed to put away the happiness and the beautiful smiles off the face of these people.
Still most parts of Langtang are very untouched by the outside influence. Travelers from around the world trek to these fascinating valleys of Langtang for the real trekking experience. Langtang still has the potential to give the trekkers and travelers the serenity, cultural and home-stay experience. It can still offer the genuine peace of mind which people sincerely seek in the mountains.
Langtang Helicopter Trek Summary:
The trek starts with a 141 km drive to the beautiful town of Syabru Besi. The Drive through the slender highway is phenomenal. The next day after crossing the Langtang River we walk through the lush woodland to the village of Lama Hotel. Gradually walking on the most enchanting trail through forest and alpine setting we get to our last settlement of Kyangjin Gompa. The settlement of Langtang village and Kyangjin are very well positioned at the lap of the high snow-capped Himalayas.
We spend one more extra night in the most stunning town fenced by the high mountains. The excursion we undertake around Kyangjin for the awesome view of the valley is significantly worth it. The next day, leaving the mountains behind we take a chartered Helicopter to Kathmandu with the most exciting birds-eye view of the region.
- DAY 01:Arrive to Kathmandu (1,400 m/4,593 ft)
- DAY 01:Half day city tour/ afternoon trek briefing and preparation / welcome dinner.
- DAY 03:Fly to Lukla and trek to Phakding (2,610 m/8,562 ft)
- DAY 04:Trek to Namche (3,450 m/11,318 ft)
- DAY 05:Acclimatization day at Namche /morning excursion.
- DAY 06:Trek to Khumjung (3,780 m/12,401 ft)
- DAY 07:Trek to Dole (4,200 m/13,779 ft)
- DAY 08:Trek to Machchermo (4,470 m/14,665 ft)
- DAY 09:Trek to Gokyo (4,790 m/15,715 ft)
- DAY 10:Ascent to Gokyo Ri and Trek to Machchermo or Dole
- DAY 11:Trek to Phortse (3,810 m/12,500 ft)
- DAY 12:Trek to Dingbuche (4,350 m/14,271 ft)
- DAY 13:Trek to Lobuche (4,910 m/16,108 ft)
- DAY 14:Trek to Goraksherp (5,189 m/17,024 ft) trek to Everest base camp.
- DAY 15:Morning excursion to Kalapathar (5,545 m/18,192 ft) and Trek to Pheriche (4,240 m/13,910 ft) or Pangbuche (3,930 m/12,893 ft)
- DAY 16:Trek to Namche
- DAY 17:Trek to Phakding
- DAY 18:Trek to Lukla
- DAY 19:Fly back to Kathmandu
- DAY 20:Contingency day in Kathmandu in case of flight cancellation.
- DAY 21:Departure day.
The above itinerary is simply a guideline and is subject to alteration as per the circumstances. Your group leader is solely liable to bring about changes in the best interest of the group.
Flight Delay/Cancellation in Kathmandu and Lukla:
The unpredictability of Flights flying to and from Lukla airport, the gateway to Mount Everest and the world’s most electrifying airport is pretty evident from its history of delays and cancellation. Diverse factors leads to the situation of cancellation including the weather, technical issues, poor visibility etc. In such conditions, Nepal Pyramids will charter a helicopter to make certain that you don’t miss your trip or your international flight. But again under these circumstances the possibility of flying helicopter depends on the Nepal Civil Aviation flying rules.
Travelers are to pay the cost of the chartered helicopter which is payable through cash, traveler’s cheques, or credit cards (Visa and Master Cards only). Travelers will be provided with receipt upon payment so that they may claim the amount from their travel insurance. The cost per person is governed by the number of people taking this facility.
Why extra night in Kathmandu???
After the trip, travelers have one additional leisure day in Kathmandu, the living heritage city, which in reality is a contingency day in case of Lukla – Kathmandu flight cancellation under certain circumstances. This certainly gives anyone more of a chance to explore Kathmandu, the capital, ‘The Shining Pearl of Asia’ with its beautiful temples, monuments and time honored legends and history. The city undeniably has so much to offer anyone with thrilling tour experience. Nepal Pyramids will always be there to assist you with your city exploration.
⭐ Along with the traditional Sherpa village it’s very peaceful walking into the deep valley of Gokyo which is sincerely spectacular.
⭐ Getting to Machchermo and listening to the incident about the Machchermo yeti legendary is an added highlight of the trek.
⭐ As you climb higher, the view of Cho-Oyu (8210 m/26,906 ft) – world’s sixth highest mountain and Gozumpa Glacier- the largest glacier in the whole Himalayas is simply phenomenal.
⭐ Walking down to Phortse acclimatizes you in good health and taking the high elevated trail to Pheriche you are literally overlooking the deep gorges and number of local villages far below.
⭐ Eventually getting to Everest base camp, ascending Kalapathar for the sunrise and descending thousand meters down to Pangbuche is worthwhile.
⭐ Finally celebrating your last night in Lukla and flying in a small twin-otter plane back to Kathmandu is breathtaking leaving you with so much contentment and appreciation.
“After climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb.” ― Nelson Mandela
DAY 1: KATHMANDU, THE CAPITAL CITY (1,400 m/4,593 ft)
Soon you land in Kathmandu airport your group leader will be there with Nepal Pyramids board to greet you and transfer you to the hotel. Despite, the capital city of Nepal certainly being the busiest with hectic traffic it undoubtedly has a strong appeal with local splendor and vigorous activities around, where you can simply relax and take pleasure in the fun of driving through the unfamiliar roads.
• Pick up from the international airport.
• Transfer to hotel by your Group Leader.
• Short preliminary briefing.
• Arriving early gives you an opportunity to explore Kathmandu.
• Welcome dinner and getting to know each other.
DAY 2: IN KATHMANDU
Today would be the most exhilarating day where your leader introduces you to our city tour expert who guides you to the most pious Hindu and Buddhist religious place that are listed in the world heritage sites and elucidates you the entire mysticism over its existence.
• Breakfast depending on your choice and preference.
• Meet-up at 9am for the tour.
• Visit to Boudhanath Stupa and Pashupatinath.
• Lunch on your preference.
• Getting together for trek briefing as per the time given by your leader.
• Distribution of company’s trek equipment’s.
DAY 03: FLIGHT TO LUKLA (2,800 m / 9,186 ft) TREK TO PHAKDING (2,600 m/8,530 ft) 3/4 hrs
This 3/4 hours easy walk on the legendary trekking trail through the cultured Sherpa villages with its exceptional beauty and the view of stunning landscape, deep valley and Dudh Koshi gorge is unique.
• Flying in a twin-otter plane to a small Lukla airport at the elevation of 2840m
• Beautiful walk through the series of stunning native settlement
• Phenomenal sight of profound gorges, ancient farming terraces and the scenic beauty at the backdrop is something special on the very first day.
• Overnight stay at stunning Phakding, fabulous dinner and briefing by your leader along with number of fascinating stories.
DAY 04 - 05: TREK TO NAMCHE BAZAAR (3,450 m / 11,318 ft) 7 hrs. ACCLIMATIZATION DAY
Today we will start early for Namche Bazaar, the capital and the Administrative Center of the Khumbu district. It’s more of a luxurious city in the middle of no way in the midst of remoteness and thin air. Despite long hours walk it’s far more than just trekking. Give time to adapt your body with thin air. It’s not a matter about proving your physical strength, its more about taking pleasure with steady ascend.
• Wake up call as set by your leader
• 3 hours gentle walk through series of pleasant villages to the last settlement of Jorsale for lunch
• Crossing of 5 high suspension bridges is daring.
• The scenic beauty, deep gorges of soaring cliffs at the backdrop is phenomenal.
• Being at Namche, the dream land is remarkable which is worth an effort.
• 1 and ½ hours amazing walk for acclimatization.
• Walk to Syangbuche, one of the enchanting place in the region with the world’s highest airstrip.
• The close view of the magnificent mountain, extensive green hills, the Tibetan Buddhist culture and to witness the territory of the yaks is charismatic
• The first view of the world’s highest mountain (Mt. Everest)
DAY 06: TREK TO KHUMJUNG (3,780 m / 12,401 ft) 3 hrs.
Short and relaxing walk to the “Valley inside the Clouds”, Khumjung, situated at the base of the holy mountain, Khumbiyela is exceptionally sensational. Khumjung, the green hidden valley is indeed very enchanting with its extent making it one of the largest settlement in the region and with all the green painted roofs giving it more of a peaceful appearance.
• 2 and ½ hours easy walk
• Visit to yak farm, school built by Edmund Hillary and the Khumjung monastery to witness the scalp of the yeti is another legendary quest.
• Free afternoon for self-exploration around the village of Khumjung.
DAY 07: TREK TO DOLE (4,200 m/13,779 ft) 6 hrs.
We skip the overcrowded traditional Everest base camp trial and enter into the most beautiful section of Gokyo valley with the most amazing setting.
• Fabulous walk to the ridge of Mong-La with stunning mountain views.
• Deep drop to the Gokyo gorge for lunch with chances to see musk deer
• Enchanting walk to Dole through the forest of rhododendron, pine and maple.
• Unlike many other settlement the this small settlement of Dole is exceptional of its kind
DAY 08: TREK TO MACHCHERMO (4,470 m/14,665 ft) 4 hrs
Leaving Dole we walk into the wider version of trail into the open valley with outstanding view of enormous mountain and deep valley. This effortless walk into the Himalayan meadow is awe-inspiring. Machchermo, the place of yeti incident is situated at the foot of Machchermo peak is another attraction.
• Beautiful walk with the most beautiful landscape view.
• Effortless short walk to Machchermo where the valley opens wide with its magnificence.
• Listen to the Machchermo Yeti incident that occurred around 1974.
• Free afternoon for small excursion or take it as leisure.
DAY 9: TREK TO GOKYO (4,790 m/15,715 ft) 4-5 hrs.
Away from the tree line area, gradual ascent is recommended. Today is another beautiful walk where mountains like Cholatse, Tabuch, Cho-Oyu unfolds before us with the series of turquoise blue lakes.
• remarkable walk in the open valley of wide Himalayan meadow is peaceful
• Walking up to the stunning 1st, 2nd and 3rd lake of Gokyo is remarkable.
• Getting to Gokyo, a lovely settlement with the backdrop of world’s sixth highest mountain Cho-Oyu is significant.
DAY 10: ASCENT TO GOKYO RI (5,480 m / 17,979 ft) AND TREK BACK TO MACHCHERMO
Now is the time for epic climb to Gokyo Ri, the point to value your dream and the sensational Himalayan vistas all around. The climb is challenging but the view from the top surpasses the wildest imagination. After making historic success to Gokyo Ri, we will descend down for breakfast and descend further down to Machchermo for more luxury time in the lower elevation settlement away from the thin air.
• Phenomenal sunrise view
• A very rewarding moment being at 5480 m with exceptional panoramic mountain view and the lake view.
DAY 11: TREK TO PHORTSE (3,810 m / 12,500 ft) 6 hrs.
We retrace our steps back to Dole and Phortse Tenga getting ourselves back to the tree line and it’s pretty wonderful looking back on our effort while descending. After lunch we take a different trail to the terraced village of Photse with the most amazing setting.
• Fabulous and effortless descend with stunning mountain views.
• Deep drop to the Gokyo gorge for lunch with chances to see musk deer
• Unlike many other settlement the terraced village of Phortse is special of its kind
DAY 12: TREK TO DINGBUCHE (4,360 m / 14,304 ft) 6 - 7 hrs
Leaving Phortse we take the high trail, considered to be one of the most beautiful trails with outstanding view of enormous mountain and deep valley. Dingbuche, situated at the foot of soaring Amadablam Mountain is another attraction.
• Beautiful walk with the most beautiful view
• Chances to witness the musk deer, mountain goat and different birds
• Effortless walk to Pangbuche and fabulous lunch at Somare village
• Next painless walk to Dingbuche where the valley opens wide with its magnificence.
• View of countless other neighboring mountains that now opens clear.
DAY 13: TREK TO LOBUCHE (4,910 m / 16,108 ft) 4-5 hrs.
Away from the tree line area, gradual ascent is recommended. Today is another beautiful walk where mountains like Cholatse, Lobuche and Pumari unfolds before us in this contrasting and spectacular landscape
• Gradual up walk in the wide Himalayan meadow is peaceful
• Walking up to the memorial plateau with hundreds of memorial built after the memory of people who met with tragedy in different mountains of Everest is remarkable.
• Getting to Lobuche a small settlement at the foot of Lobuche peak is significant.
DAY 14: TREK TO GORAK SHEP (5,288 m /17,349 ft) 3 hrs / TREK TO EVEREST BASE CAMP (5,360 m/17,585 ft) 5 hrs
Leaving Lobuche this 3 hours walk to Gorak Shep is out of the ordinary through the rocky moraine undulating trail. Gorak Shep, the spectacular village is surround by Pumori (7145 m), Lingtren (6697 m), Nuptse (7745 m) and of course Everest (8848 m).
• Spectacular view of the khumbu ice fall with soaring mountain
• Trek to fascinating Everest base camp after lunch
• View of the base camp and the blue ice pinnacles of the ice-fall is astonishing
• Challenging but very rewarding walk to the fro from the base camp
DAY 15: MORNING WALK TO KALAPATTHAR (5545m /18192ft) 4 hrs AND TREK TO PHERICHE (4240m/13901ft) 4 - 5 hrs
Now is the time for epic climb to Kalapathar, the point to value your dream and the sensational Himalayan vistas all around. The climb is challenging but the view from the top surpasses the wildest imagination. After making historic success to Everest Base Camp and Kalapattar, we will descend down to the settlement of Pheriche descending at least a 1000 m below.
• Phenomenal sunrise view
• A very rewarding moment being at 5545 m with exceptional panoramic mountain view.
• Overnight at Pheriche, which is way tranquil being away from all the hardship and the thin air.
DAY 16: TREK TO NAMCHE 7 - 8 hrs. DIFFERENT ROUTE
We retrace our steps back to Pangbuche getting ourselves back to the tree line area where you would realize your breathing getting back to normal. It’s pretty wonderful looking back on our effort to Everest base camp from the Tyengbuche ridge. Walk to Namche on a fresh route makes anyone cheerful of their accomplishment.
• Effortless walk to Tyengbuche monastery, the most active monastery in the Everest region.
• Visit to the monastery and lighting the butter lamp is an incredible experience
• Witness the untold history and the activities of Tyengbuche
• Give yourself a break at namche either with drinks or buying souvenirs.
DAY 17: TREK TO PHAKDING (2600 m)
We retrace down the way through steep descent and the suspension bridges once again to Phakding.
DAY 18: TREK TO LUKLA
Being it a last night fun activities follows with dancing, eating, drinking and tipping.
Day 19 - 20: FLY TO KATHMANDU AND CONTINGENCY DAY
Sensational flight back to the capital city of Kathmandu. You have a contingency day in Kathmandu in case of Lukla-Kathmandu flight cancellation which can be appropriately exploited exploring around the city that has so much to offer.
• Morning flight to Kathmandu
• Explore the Capital City of Kathmandu as per your requirements.
DAY 21: DEPARTURE DAY
Depending on your flight schedule airport transportation will be provided.
Dates & Cost
|Trip Start Date||Trip End Date||Price||Status|
|US$ 1890||Book Now|
✅ National park entry fees, conservation fees, trekking permit, TIMS permit.
✅ Airport pickups and drops facility on both Domestic and International flights.
✅ Three star twin bed sharing hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu on Bed / Breakfast basis.
✅ Welcome dinner in a typical traditional Nepali restaurant.
✅ Half day guided city sightseeing with paid entrance fee.
✅ All Government and Local tax.
✅ DOMESTIC FLIGHTS FROM KATHMANDU / LUKLA AND LUKLA / KATHMANDU.
✅ Fundamental trekking gears like sleeping bag, down jacket fleece liner etc.
✅ Tea-house accommodation or tented camp as per the trek.
✅ Properly boiled hot water for drinking every morning and evening.
✅ Meals (Lunch, dinner, breakfast with hot beverages) during trek.
✅ An accomplished trekking Group Leader and assistant guides.
✅ Staff insurance.
✅ Oxygen cylinders and an all-inclusive medical kit on all trips.
✅ Take away Nepal Pyramids duffel bag, T-shirt, Buff (multi functional head-wear) and trekking Map.
✅ Porter service.
✅ Porters’ Clothing.
❌ Fee levied on Nepali visa.
❌ All personal expenses including Food while in Kathmandu.
❌ International flight fares.
❌ Medical examination or emergency rescues.
❌ Staff Tipping.
❌ Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu on early arrival.
❌ Travel or medical insurance.
❌ Optional tours and sightseeing or any activities during free time.
❌ Other personal expenses – laundry, battery charges, shower etc.