Everest Three Passes Trek:
The number of days required for Everest Three Passes Trek will be dispersed as:
• Trekking Days: 18 Days.
• Kathmandu Stay: 04 Days. (Including one contingency day)
• Departure Day: 01 Day.
(Renjo pass, Chola pass and Kongmala pass):
Everest Three passes trek is intended for true adventure seekers who are looking for challenges to unleash their wilderness competence. This 18 days expedition through 3 distinct high passes, Renjo Pass (5,360 m/17,585 ft), Chola pass (5,420 m/17,782 ft) and Kongmala pass (5,535 m/18,159 ft) is more of a secretive trek. It is because it takes you through off-the-beaten-track to the magnanimous lofty valleys which are very pure and tranquil. These secret valleys are away from the substantial flooding of tourism like in the major trails of Everest.
Going over these high altitude passes is undeniably very challenging but very worthwhile. Furthermore, the conquest of being at the top of them are very appealing with great sense of accomplishment. Its exceptional views and magical beauty can’t be denied. Moreover, going over these submissive high passes gives you more of a chance to know, understand, believe and trust yourself.
The Inspiring Three Passes:
Everest Three passes Trek is unquestionably an ideal pick for a true adventure seeker who are in quest for a genuine undertaking. After flying into Lukla, world’s most dangerous airport we walk the delightful gorge trail of Dudh Koshi towards Namche. Soon we take the enchanting valley further to the west that eventually takes us to the beautiful settlement of Thame. Conquering Renjo pass that offers you the best view of Everest and the most exquisite sight of the mountain panorama is exceptional.
Its remarkable being at Gokyo with its turquoise Lakes and exceptional beauty. Its certainly very overwhelming to cross the Ngozumpa glacier, the longest glacier in the Himalayas. Additionally, going over Chola pass and being at Everest base camp is absolutely out of ordinary. Winning the final Kongmala pass with a grandiose view of Island peak and getting back to Lukla gives you a great sense of achievements.
come and join Nepal Pyramids for ultimate adventure experience.
- DAY 01: Arrive to Kathmandu (1,400 m/4,593 ft)
- DAY 02: Half day city tour/ afternoon trek briefing and preparation / welcome dinner
- DAY 03: Fly to Lukla (2,840 m/9,317 ft) and trek to Phakding (2,610 m/8,562 ft) 3 - 4 hours
- DAY 04: Trek to Namche (3,450 m/11,318 ft) 6 - 7 hours
- DAY 05: Acclimatization day at Namche /morning excursion.
- DAY 06: Trek to Thame (3,820 m/12,532 ft) 5 hours
- DAY 07: Trek to Lungden (4,368 m/14,338 ft) 5 hours
- DAY 08: Acclimatization day at Lungden /morning excursion.
- DAY 09: Trek to Gokyo (4,790 m/15,715 ft) via Renjo Pass (5,360 m/17,585 ft)
- DAY 10: Rest day at Gokyo
- DAY 11: Trek to Dragnak (4,700 m/15,419ft) 3 - 4 hours
- DAY 12: Trek to Dzongla (4,830 m/15,846 ft) via Chola Pass (5,420 m/17,782 ft)
- DAY 13: Trek to Lobuche (4,910 m/16,108 ft) 3 - 4 hours
- DAY 14: Trek to GorakShep (5,189 m/17,024 ft) and trek to Everest base camp.
- DAY 15: Morning excursion to Kalapathar (5,545 m/18,192 ft) Trek to Lobuche (4,910 m/16,108 ft)
- DAY 16: Trek to Chhukung (4,730 m/15,518 ft) via Kongmala Pass (5,535 m/18,159 ft)
- DAY 17: Trek to Pangbuche (3,930 m/12,893 ft) 4 - 5 hours
- DAY 18: Trek to Namche (3,450 m/11,318 ft) 5 - 6 hours
- DAY 19: Trek to Phakding (2,610 m/8,562 ft) 5 - 6 hours
- DAY 20: Trek to Lukla (2,840 m/9,317 ft) 3 - 4 hours
- DAY 21: Fly back to Kathmandu city
- DAY 22: Contingency day in Kathmandu in case of flight cancellation.
- DAY 23: Departure day
The above itinerary is simply a guideline and is subject to alteration as per the circumstances. Your group leader is solely liable to bring about changes in the best interest of the group.
Flight Delay/Cancellation in Kathmandu and Lukla:
The unpredictability of Flights flying to and from Lukla airport, the gateway to Mount Everest and the world’s most electrifying airport is pretty evident from its history of delays and cancellation. Diverse factors leads to the situation of cancellation including the weather, technical issues, poor visibility etc. In such conditions, Nepal Pyramids will charter a helicopter to make certain that you don’t miss your trip or your international flight. But again under these circumstances the possibility of flying helicopter depends on the Nepal Civil Aviation flying rules.
Travellers are to pay the cost of the chartered helicopter which is payable through cash, traveler’s cheques, or credit cards (Visa and Master Cards only). Travelers will be provided with receipt upon payment so that they may claim the amount from their travel insurance. The cost per person is governed by the number of people taking this facility.
Why extra night in Kathmandu???
After the trip, travelers have one additional leisure day in Kathmandu, the living heritage city, which in reality is a contingency day in case of Lukla – Kathmandu flight cancellation under certain circumstances. This certainly gives anyone more of a chance to explore Kathmandu, the capital, ‘The Shining Pearl of Asia’ with its beautiful temples, monuments and time honored legends and history. The city undeniably has so much to offer anyone with thrilling tour experience. Nepal Pyramids will always be there to assist you with your city exploration.
⭐ 35 minutes flight to exceptional Lukla airport and walking into the deep valley of traditional Sherpa village is very peaceful and sincerely spectacular.
⭐ Walk to Phakding, Namche Bazaar, the valley of Thame and Lungden is one cherishing moment endowed with spectacular panoramic mountains view.
⭐ Going over the Renjo pass that has to offer one of the most spectacular view of the panoramic mountain range along with the Ariel view of the lakes is indescribable. In one word, overall it’s inconceivable.
⭐ Gokyo with its turquoise blue lakes are exceptionally gorgeous that gives you an alternative to witness an entirely different face of Everest region which is beyond belief.
⭐ Crossing the Gozumpa Glacier, largest glacier in the Himalayas has a novel magnificence which is always cherished by every single traveler who have dared to undertake it.
⭐ Going over the icy Chola Pass is distinct on its own.
⭐ Being at Dzongla is utterly out of the world; it’s more like being in a different planet with soaring peaks around and a small cozy town in the middle of nothing.
⭐ After the successful ascent of Everest Base Camp, 5360 m and Kalapathar, 5545 m we trace back to Lobuche.
⭐ Going over the remote and very untouched Kongmala pass is another diverse experience that takes you to the different valley offering you with unique features in views and landscapes.
⭐ Eventually we follow different valley back to Lukla with unlike landscape settings.
“He who climbs upon the highest mountains laughs at all tragedies, real or imaginary”
DAY 1: KATHMANDU, THE CAPITAL CITY (1,400 m/4,593 ft)
Soon you land in Kathmandu airport your group leader will be there with Nepal Pyramids board to greet you and transfer you to the hotel. Despite, the capital city of Nepal certainly being the busiest with hectic traffic it undoubtedly has a strong appeal with local splendor and vigorous activities around, where you can simply relax and take pleasure in the fun of driving through the unfamiliar roads.
• Pick up from the international airport.
• Transfer to hotel by your Group Leader.
• Short preliminary briefing.
• Arriving early gives you an opportunity to explore Kathmandu.
• Welcome dinner and getting to know each other.
DAY 2: IN KATHMANDU
Today would be the most exhilarating day where your leader introduces you to our city tour expert who guides you to the most pious Hindu and Buddhist religious place that are listed in the world heritage sites and elucidates you the entire mysticism over its existence.
Breakfast depending on your choice and preference.
• Meet-up at 9 am for the tour.
• Visit to Boudhanath Stupa and Pashupatinath.
• Lunch on your preference.
• Getting together for trek briefing as per the time given by your leader.
• Distribution of company’s trek equipment’s.
DAY 03: FLIGHT TO LUKLA (2,800 m / 9,186 ft) TREK TO PHAKDING (2,600 m/8,530 ft) 3/4 hrs
This 3/4 hours easy walk on the legendary trekking trail through the cultured Sherpa villages with its exceptional beauty and the view of stunning landscape, deep valley and Dudh Koshi gorge is unique.
• Flying in a twin-otter plane to a small Lukla airport at the elevation of 2840m
• Beautiful walk through the series of stunning native settlement
• Phenomenal sight of profound gorges, ancient farming terraces and the scenic beauty at the backdrop is something special on the very first day.
• Overnight stay at stunning Phakding, fabulous dinner and briefing by your leader along with number of fascinating stories.
DAY 04 - 05: TREK TO NAMCHE BAZAAR (3,450 m / 11,318 ft) 7 hrs. ACCLIMATIZATION DAY
Today we will start early for Namche Bazaar, the capital and the Administrative Center of the Khumbu district. It’s more of a luxurious city in the middle of no way in the midst of remoteness and thin air. Despite long hours walk it’s far more than just trekking. Give time to adapt your body with thin air. It’s not a matter about proving your physical strength, its more about taking pleasure with steady ascend.
• Wake up call as set by your leader
• 3 hours gentle walk through series of pleasant villages to the last settlement of Jorsale for lunch
• Crossing of 5 high suspension bridges is daring.
• The scenic beauty, deep gorges of soaring cliffs at the backdrop is phenomenal.
• Being at Namche, the dream land is remarkable which is worth an effort.
• 1 and ½ hours amazing walk for acclimatization.
• Walk to Syangbuche, one of the enchanting place in the region with the world’s highest airstrip.
• Visiting Everest View Lodge with incredible view and hot beverage.
• The close view of the magnificent mountain, extensive green hills, the Tibetan Buddhist culture and to witness the territory of the yaks is charismatic
• The first view of the world’s highest mountain (Mt. Everest)
DAY 06: TREK TO THAME (3,820 m/12,532 ft) 5hrs.
Today we will leave the crowded Everest route and follow the amazing Bhote-Koshi valley to the exceptionally sensational village of Thame, the ancient salt trading route between Tibet and Nepal. A moderate 4 and ½ hours walk will get us to the village of Thame which is said to be the home of inherent climbers from Tenzing Norgay Sherpa (first Everest summiter) to Appa Sherpa (who holds the Guinness book of world record). This exquisite hidden valley is indeed very enchanting.
• 5 hours of easy walk
• Getting to Thame, the home village of Tenzin Norgay Sherpa.
• Afternoon visit to ancient Thame Dechen Chokhorling Monastery.
DAY 07 and 08: TREK TO LUNGDEN (4,368 m/14,338 ft) 5/6 hrs AND ACCLIMATIZATION DAY:
A gradual ascent following the Bhotekoshi River through the ancient salt trade route will eventually take you to very small settlement of ‘Lungden’ The Base of Renjo La. Since you are getting more into an alpine area, slow ascent is recommended. This unfamiliar and very untouched hidden valley is charismatic where you will have a rest day to explore more of it.
• Remarkable walk to the untouched valley of Lungden.
• Being above the tree line and seeing very few people gives you the Thrill of being at altitude.
• We can admire the traditional architecture walking through the less traveled villages.
• Approximately 3 hours walk for acclimatization, getting yourself prepared for the next big day.
• Amazing view of different mountains
• Seeing the Yaks grazing around you in wilderness is awesome.
• Free afternoon
• Evening brief from your Leader.
DAY 09 and 10: TREK TO GOKYO (4,790 m/15,715 ft) VIA RENJO PASS (5,360 m/17,585 ft) 8/10 hrs
We wake up pretty early this morning for a challenging 5 hour climb to the top of Renjo Lha “ A stunning pass from where one can see three 8000+ mountains including Mt. Everest and its neighboring peaks” Followed by 3 hour downhill to Gokyo. After the accomplishment the view of sparkling sacred lakes along with Great view of Cho-Oyu are more than enough to spend another day at miraculous Gokyo.
• Early wake up for the most incredible Renjo Pass.
• The Thrill of being in wilderness and at altitude can be experienced in the Hard 5 hours uphill and 3 hours of steep downhill with very few people around.
• Spectacular view of mountains along with the Ngozumpa glacier (longest glacier in the Himalayas) and Gokyo Lake from the top of Renjo La.
• Pack lunch ( Normally eaten at the top of Renjo La)
• Excursion is optional if you wish to climb Gokyo Ri or simply want to relish.
• Free afternoon
DAY 11: TREK TO DRAGNAK (4,700 m/15,419 ft) 3 hrs
Easy 3 hours walks through the Ngozumpa Glacier, the longest glacier in the Himalayas to Dragnak, the base of our second pass Cho La. Dragnak, a small settlement is very secluded but very lively.
• It’s a thrilling experience to get across the Ngozumba glacier with the sounds of ice cracking, river flowing and rocks rolling in the glacier.
• View of small glacial lakes around.
• Good view of Mt Cho Oyu from the glacier.
• Be cautious on the rock fall zone.
• Free afternoon
DAY 12: TREK TO DZONGLA (4,830 m/15,846 ft) VIA CHOLA PASS (5,420 m/17,782 ft)
Another early wake up for a challenging 5 hour climb to the top of Chola Pass, the exquisite glacial pass. Today you would walk into yet another very untouched alpine valley with the mysterious landscape setting. After the accomplishment we have 3 hours technical descent through rock face trail to Dzongla. Dzongla with an unbelievable view of Cholatse at the backdrop is sensational.
• Early wake up for another incredible Chola Pass.
• Scrambling skills will be required for the glacier moraine to get over and below the pass.
• Close up mountains view all around.
• The walk across the icy glacier is sensational.
• Basic crampon recommended for the pass.
• Great view of Amadablam, Cholatse and many more mountains on the way down.
DAY 13: TREK TO LOBUCHE (4,910 m/16,108 ft)
It’s time to get back into the bustling zone of regular Everest base camp trail. An easy enchanting 3 hours walk with the most intriguing panoramic view is overwhelming.
• Amazing view of Nuptse, Pumori, Amadablam, Cholatse and many others along the way.
• Back in to the main route to Everest base camp.
• Free afternoon.
Day 14: TREK TO GORAK SHEP (5,288 m /17,349 ft) 3 hrs / TREK TO EVEREST BASE CAMP (5,360 m/17585 ft) 5 hrs
Leaving Lobuche this 3 hours walk to Gorak Shep is out of the ordinary through the rocky moraine undulating trail. Gorak Shep, the spectacular village is surround by Pumari (7,145 m), Lingtren (6,697 m), Nuptse (7,745 m) and of course Everest (8,848 m).
• Spectacular view of the khumbu ice fall with soaring mountain
• Trek to fascinating Everest base camp after lunch
• View of the base camp and the blue ice pinnacles of the ice-fall is astonishing
• Challenging but very rewarding walk to the fro from the base camp
DAY 15: MORNING WALK TO KALAPATTHAR (5,545 m /18,192 ft) AND TREK TO LOBUCHE (4,910 m/16,108 ft) 7 hrs
Now is the time for epic climb to Kalapathar, the point to value your dream and the sensational Himalayan vistas all around. The climb is challenging but the view from the top surpasses the wildest imagination. After making historic success to Everest Base Camp and Kalapattar, we will descend down to Lobuche where our final pass awaits.
• Phenomenal sunrise view
• A very rewarding moment being at 5,545 m with exceptional panoramic mountain view.
• Overnight at Lobuche, preparation for our final mission
DAY 16: TREK TO CHHUKUNG (4,730 m/15,518 ft) VIA KONGMALA PASS (5,535 m/18,159 ft) 8/10 hrs
We will leave the crowded route again and go across the Khumbu glacier. 3 hours of challenging climb will take us to our final and least traveled Kongmala pass where a spectacular view awaits. Another 3 hours of downhill to chhukkung ‘The last settlement before Island Peak (6189 m).
• The ultimate day for our final pass.
• Early wake up and going over the end point of Khumbu glacier is remarkable.
• The view of Mt Makalu (8463 m), Mt. Lhotse (8516 m), Amadablam (6856 m), Island Peak (6189 m) along with the lake is Breathtaking.
• Pack Lunch
• Great view of Mt Lhotse and Amadablam From your court yard.
• The excitement and experience of people going to and coming from Island Peak can be observed in chhukkung.
• Time to start celebrating.
DAY 17: TREK TO PANGBUCHE (3,930 m/12,893 ft) 4/5 hrs
With the great feeling of accomplishment we will stroll our way down to a beautiful Sherpa settlement of Pangboche. Start breathing normal again since you are in a tree line area.
• A moderate day
• Back in the tree line
• Getting back to normal away from the thin air after a long time is wonderful.
DAY 18: TREK TO NAMCHE 6 -7 hrs.
We retrace our steps back to Namche getting ourselves back to the tree line area where you would realize your breathing getting back to normal. It’s pretty wonderful looking back on our effort to the incredible three passes from the Tyengbuche ridge. Visiting the Tyengbuche monastery and walk to Namche on a fresh route makes anyone cheerful of their accomplishment.
• Effortless walk to Tyengbuche monastery, the most active monastery in the Everest region.
• Visit to the monastery and lighting the butter lamp is an incredible experience
• Witness the untold history and the activities of Tyengbuche
• Give yourself a break at namche either with drinks or buying souvenirs.
DAY 19: TREK TO PHAKDING (2600 m)
We retrace down the way through steep descent and the suspension bridges once again to Phakding.
DAY 20: TREK TO LUKLA
- Being it a last night fun activities follows with dancing, eating, drinking and tipping.
Day 21 - 22: FLY TO KATHMANDU AND CONTINGENCY DAY
Sensational flight back to the capital city of Kathmandu. You have a contingency day in Kathmandu in case of Lukla-Kathmandu flight cancellation which can be appropriately exploited exploring around the city that has so much to offer.
• Morning flight to Kathmandu
• Explore the Capital City of Kathmandu as per your requirements.
DAY 23: DEPARTURE DAY
Depending on your flight schedule airport transportation will be provided. Your leader will be there to send you off home.
Dates & Cost
|Trip Start Date||Trip End Date||Price||Status|
|US$ 2040||Book Now|
✅ National park entry fees, conservation fees, trekking permit, TIMS permit.
✅ Airport pickups and drops facility on both Domestic and International flights.
✅ Three star twin bed sharing hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu on Bed / Breakfast basis.
✅ Welcome dinner in a typical traditional Nepali restaurant.
✅ Half day guided city sightseeing with paid entrance fee.
✅ All Government and Local tax.
✅ DOMESTIC FLIGHTS FROM KATHMANDU / LUKLA AND LUKLA / KATHMANDU.
✅ Fundamental trekking gears like sleeping bag, down jacket fleece liner etc.
✅ Tea-house accommodation or tented camp as per the trek.
✅ Properly boiled hot water for drinking every morning and evening.
✅ Meals (Lunch, dinner, breakfast with hot beverages) during trek.
✅ An accomplished trekking Group Leader and assistant guides.
✅ Staff insurance.
✅ Oxygen cylinders and an all-inclusive medical kit on all trips.
✅ Take away Nepal Pyramids duffel bag, T-shirt, Buff (multi functional head-wear) and trekking Map.
✅ Porter service.
✅ Porters’ Clothing.
❌ Fee levied on Nepali visa.
❌ All personal expenses including Food while in Kathmandu.
❌ International flight fares.
❌ Medical examination or emergency rescues.
❌ Staff Tipping.
❌ Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu on early arrival.
❌ Travel or medical insurance.
❌ Optional tours and sightseeing or any activities during free time.
❌ Other personal expenses – laundry, battery charges, shower etc.