Everest Base Camp Helicopter Trek:
The number of days required for Everest Base Camp Helicopter trek will be dispersed as:
• Trekking Days 09 Days
• Kathmandu stay 02 Days
• Departure day 01 Day
This 12 Days Everest Base camp helicopter trek is undoubtedly an epic trek and the best way to perceive the ambiance of Everest. Everest Base Camp Trek is certainly a one in a million occasion which is not to be missed. It takes you to the spectacular unique region of the Sherpas with mountains so close to your soul. It’s a world heritage site with impressive mountain views, pleasing landscapes and introduces you to the Tibetan Buddhist culture.
The region of Everest is very well fenced by the secret valleys and grandiose mountain peaks which lures thousands of mountain lovers every year. Everest Base Camp the height of which is approximately 5,360 m / 17,585 feet has always succeeded to tempt every single mountain enthusiasts with its persuasive charm and elegance.
It has always been a dream of many mountain lovers to be at the base of the world’s highest mountain. However, there are ample amount of Everest trekking packages for the travelers to pick depending on their convenient time frame. Nevertheless, this 12 Days Everest Base camp Helicopter trek is intended specially for people with limited time frame. It’s for the people who have tight time schedule with no options to trek to Everest base camp and walk back. The feeling of getting close to the base of Everest and the spectacular Khumbu Ice-fall is simply phenomenal. During climbing season it is treasuring to observe colorful expedition setting which is absolutely exceptional.
The Fun of Everest Base Camp Helicopter Trek:
With Everest Base Camp Helicopter trek anyone have the opportunity to experience all the excitements of trekking and flying back to Kathmandu that offers the impressive aerial view. We take the most thrilling flight to Lukla and walk the legendary trail that leads us to the first destination of Phakding. Gradually we ascend towards the alpine area with the 360 degree of mountains. The mountain setting as we proceed further is very dramatic. Every day there is a transformation in the mountain terrain and the views.
There isn’t a single day that would come up with any disappointment. Every day is beautiful. Eventually, we get to Gorakshep at the height of 5,189 m /17,024 feet our highest sleeping elevation. Finally after walking for next 2 and 1/2 hours we get to the first stepping point of the world highest mountain. The sense of achievements after this point leaves with absolute contentment.
Nepal Pyramids itinerary is so designed that there is always enough room for healthier adaptation to the thin air environment. After we are done with our trek we fly our way back in a Chartered Helicopter. Tracing back our trails through the untouched valleys with the birds eye view is unbelievable.
- DAY 01: Arrive to Kathmandu (1400 m/4,593 ft)
- DAY 02: Fly to Lukla - 35 minutes (2840 m/9,317 ft) and trek to Phakding (2,610 m/8,562 ft) - 4 Hours
- DAY 03: Trek to Namche (3,450 m/11,318 ft) - 6/7 Hours
- DAY 04: Acclimatization day at Namche / Morning Excursion.
- DAY 05: Trek to Khumjung (3780 m/12,401 ft) - 2/ 3 Hours - Side Excursions.
- DAY 06: Trek to Phortse (3810 m/12,500 ft) - 5/6 Hours
- DAY 07: Trek to Dingbuche (4350 m/14,271 ft) - 7/8 Hous
- DAY 08: Acclimatization day at Dingbuche / Morning Excursion.
- DAY 09: Trek to Lobuche (4910 m/16,108 ft) - 4/5 Hours
- DAY 10: Trek to Gorakshep (5189 m/17,024 ft) - 2/3 Hours, trek to Everest base camp 2/3 Hours (One Way)
- DAY 11: Morning excursion to Kalapathar (5545 m/18,192 ft) and Chartered Helicopter to kathmandu
- DAY 12: Departure Day - Transfer to International Airport.
The above itinerary is simply a guideline and is subject to alteration as per the circumstances. Your group leader is solely liable to bring about changes in the best interest of the group.
Flight Delay/Cancellation in Kathmandu and Lukla:
The unpredictability of Flights flying to and from Lukla airport, the gateway to Mount Everest and the world’s most electrifying airport is pretty evident from its history of delays and cancellation. Diverse factors leads to the situation of cancellation including the weather, technical issues, poor visibility etc. In such conditions, Nepal Pyramids will charter a helicopter to make certain that you don’t miss your trip or your international flight. But again under these circumstances the possibility of flying helicopter depends on the Nepal Civil Aviation flying rules.
Travelers are to pay the cost of the chartered helicopter which is payable through cash, traveler’s cheques, or credit cards (Visa and Master Cards only). Travelers will be provided with receipt upon payment so that they may claim the amount from their travel insurance. The cost per person is governed by the number of people taking this facility.
It is always very wise to have an extra days in your hand in case of bad weather to which, occasionally, flying of Helicopter isn’t possible. In such cases we always come up with a possible alternatives depending on the situations.
🌟 Flying in a small plane to the world’s most thrilling mountain airport of Lukla at the elevation of 2840 m is more adventurous and astonishing.
🌟 Walking on the legendary trekking trail through the Sherpa village with its exceptional culture is way stunning than anything.
🌟 There is undoubtedly lots of excitement and fun getting to Namche Bazaar, the capital of Khumbu region through several high suspension bridges.
🌟 Going over one of the suspension bridge, considered highest in the region of Everest is adventurous.
🌟 Beautiful walk to the village of Khmujung, popularly known as the valley inside the clouds and visit to the Monastery to witness the Scalp of mythical creature [Yeti] will surely add up to your legendary quest.
🌟 Visiting the School built by Edmund Hillary around 1961 gives you the accounts of his life’s devotion for the Sherpa people of Everest.
🌟 The close view of the magnificent mountain, extensive green hills, the Tibetan-Buddhist culture and to witness the territory of the yaks from Khumjung and onward is magnetic.
🌟 Walk to Dingbuche with its extravagant mountain views at 360 and staying two nights at the base of soaring Amadablam (the Matterhorn of Nepal) is a very enchanting experience.
🌟 View of world’s highest peak and its neighboring mountains and spectacular landscapes that get closer everyday eventually makes you appreciate about trekking being an ultimate holiday.
🌟 Being at the base of the world’s highest peak, Everest and getting to the summit of Kalapathar 5545 m/ 18192 feet is a great accomplishment.
🌟 Flying in a HELICOPTER from Gorak Shep through the valley of Everest is an experience away from the world.
🌟 The aerial view of the valley, gorges, and the closer view of the mountains is something unbelievable.
DAY 01: Kathmandu, The Capital City (1400 m/4,593 ft)
Once you land in the Tribhuwan international airport of Kathmandu airport your group leader will transfer you to the hotel. Your leader will brief you on ‘what’s next’ program and meet you around in the evening for the trek briefing and welcome dinner.
- Pick up from the international airport.
- Transfer to hotel by your Group Leader.
- Trek briefing and giving away of equipment.
- Welcome dinner and getting to know each other.
DAY 02: Flight to Lukla (2,800 m / 9186 ft) Trek to Phakding (2,600 m/8,530 ft) 3/4 hrs
35 minutes awesome flight to the Lukla airport. 3/4 hours effortless walk through the cultured Sherpa villages to our first destination, Phakding. On your way the views are of exceptional beauty. Furthermore, the view of stunning landscape, deep valley and Dudh Koshi gorge is unique.
- Flying in a small plane to a stunning Lukla airport, 2840 m
- Beautiful walk through the magnificent native settlement
- Beautiful view of deep gorges, ancient farming terraces and soaring landscapes.
- The very special scenic beauty at the backdrop is amazing.
- Overnight stay at stunning Phakding, fabulous dinner and briefing by your leader along with number of fascinating stories.
DAY 03-04: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3450 m / 11,318 ft) 7 hrs. and Acclimatization Day
Namche Bazaar is the Administrative Centre and the Capital of Khumbu district. We start early today as we need to cover 7/8 hours in distance. Despite long hours walk the fascination of trekking into the legendary trail is very delightful. Once you get to Namche you would witness a luxurious city in the middle of no way. It is very surprising to see the comfort in the midst of remoteness and thin air.
- Early wakeup call
- 3 hours gentle walk through beautiful local settlement for lunch
- Crossing of 5 high suspension bridges including the highest in the Everest region is really exciting.
- The scenic beauty, deep gorges and sky-high cliffs at the backdrop is phenomenal.
- Being at Namche, the dream land is remarkable which is worth an effort.
- 1 and ½ hours amazing walk for acclimatization.
- Walk to Everest View Lodge, one of the enchanting place for the view is remarkable.
- The close view of the magnificent mountain, extensive green hills and to witness the territory of the yaks is charismatic
- The first view of the world’s highest mountain (Mt. Everest)
DAY 05: Trek to Khumjung (3780 m / 12,401 ft) 3 hrs.
Short and relaxing walk to the “Valley inside the Clouds”, Khumjung, situated at the base of the holy mountain, Khumbiyela is exceptionally sensational. Khumjung, the green hidden valley is indeed very enchanting with its extent making it one of the largest settlement in the region and with all the green painted roofs giving it more of a peaceful appearance.
- 2 and ½ hours easy walk
- Visit to the yak farm, school built by Edmund Hillary and the Khumjung monastery to witness the scalp of the YETI is another legendary quest.
- Free afternoon for self-exploration around the village of Khumjung.
DAY 06: Trek to Phortse (3,810 m / 12,500 ft) 6 hrs.
We skip the maddening traditional trial to Everest base camp and divert our way to a different valley of Gokyo. This gives you an opportunity to explore the lower section of Gokyo valley with the most amazing setting. We climb all the way to ridge of Mong La village and descend all the way down to the river valley of Phortse Tenga for Lunch. After lunch short easy hike through the forest of rhododendron to the most amazing settlement of Phortse.
- Fabulous walk to the ridge of Mong-La with stunning mountain views.
- Deep drop to the Gokyo gorge for lunch with chances to see musk deer
- Unlike many other settlement the terraced village of Phortse is special of its kind
- Chances to spot Musk Deer, Pheasants, Himalayan Thar other wild life of Everest
DAY 07-08: Trek to Dingbuche (4,360 m / 14,304 ft) 7 - 8 hrs / And Acclimatization Day
Leaving Phortse we take one of the most beautiful hill cut high trail. This high elevated trail offers the most outstanding views of enormous mountain and deep valley. Today we start early to get to the village of Dingbuche, a town situated at the foot of soaring Amadablam Mountain. Amadablam also known as the Matterhorn of Nepal is yet another attraction. Once you get to Dingbuche you would realize that now you are completely fenced by the soaring snow peaks, 360 angle view.
- Beautiful walk with the most beautiful view
- Chances to witness the musk deer, mountain goat and different birds
- 4 hours to the pleasant settlement of Pangbuche. Another 45 minutes’ walk to Somare for lunch.
- Next painless walk to Dingbuche where the valley opens wide with its magnificence.
- View of countless other neighboring mountains that now opens clear.
- After breakfast we climb to the hill of Nagarjun for acclimatization.
- 360 degree mountain view including Island Peak and Makalu ( world’s 5th highest mountain)
- From the point of excursion, aerial view of Island peak valley and Dingbuche village.
- Free afternoon
DAY 09: Trek to Lobuche (4910 m / 16,108 ft) - 4-5 hrs.
Now we walk into the alpine area away from the tree line. Gradual ascent is recommended to all the trekkers. Try to breathe normal. Today is another beautiful walk. We walk into the wider trail much like the Himalayan meadow. You would see countless new snow peaks that unfolds before us. In this contrasting and spectacular landscape setting there is serenity and contentment.
- You will feel the thin air. Slow walking is highly recommended.
- Gradual up walk in the wide Himalayan meadow is peaceful
- Walking up to the memorial plateau with hundreds of memorial built after the memory of people who met with tragedy in different mountains of Everest is remarkable.
- Getting to Lobuche a small settlement at the foot of Lobuche peak is significant.
DAY 10: Trek to Gorek Shep (5,288 m /17,349 ft) 3 hrs / Trek to Everest Base Camp (5,360 m/17,585 ft) 5 hrs
Leaving Lobuche this 2/3 hours walk to Gorak Shep is out of the ordinary through the rocky moraine undulating trail. Gorak Shep, the spectacular village is surrounded by majestic snow peaks including Everest, the world’s highest. There are hardly any trails as you are walking into trail with live glacier underneath that changes its course every year. Soon we are done with lunch we will walk to our chief mission of getting to E.B.C.
- Spectacular view of the Khumbu ice fall with sky-high peaks all around.
- Trek to fascinating Everest base camp after lunch
- View of the base camp and the blue ice pinnacles of the ice-fall is astonishing
- Challenging but very rewarding walk to the fro from the base camp
DAY 11: Morning walk to Kalapatthar (5,545 m /18,192 ft) Chartered Helicopter to Kathmandu
Now is the time for epic climb to Kalapathar, the point to value your dream and the sensational Himalayan vistas all around. The climb is challenging but the view from the top surpasses the wildest imagination. After making historic success to Everest Base Camp and Kalapattar, we will get back to Gorakshep for breakfast and take Chartered Helicopter back to Kathmandu.
- Phenomenal sunrise view
- A very rewarding moment being at 5545 m with exceptional panoramic mountain view.
- Flying in a Helicopter back to Kathmandu is simply incredible.
- The aerial view of the valley you just walked looks interestingly overwhelming.
- You get very close to those mountains which you recently witnessed way far from a distant.
- Free afternoon in Kathmandu.
DAY 12: Departure Day
Depending on your flight schedule airport transportation will be provided. Your leader will accompany you.
Dates & Cost
|Trip Start Date||Trip End Date||Price||Status|
|US$ 3200||Book Now|
- ✨ All necessary PERMITS.
✨ Helicopter as per the package/itinerary
✨ Airport pickups and drops facility on both Domestic and International flights.
✨ Luxury hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu on Bed / Breakfast basis.
✨ All ground staff and their wages + insurance.
✨ Welcome dinner at Typical Nepali Restaurant.
✨ All Government and Local tax.
✨ Domestic flights from Kathmandu/Lukla.
✨ Fundamental trekking gears like sleeping bag, down jacket fleece liner etc.
✨ Tea-house accommodation on twin bed sharing.
✨ Properly Boiled water for drinking every morning and evening.
✨ Meals (Lunch, dinner, breakfast with hot beverages) during trek.
✨ An accomplished trekking Group Leader and local staff.
✨ Proficient Assistant Guides as per the size of the group.
✨ Staff Insurance.
✨ Oxygen cylinders and an all-inclusive medical kit on all trips.
✨ Take away Nepal Pyramids duffel bag, T-shirt and trekking Map and Buff (multi-functional head-wear)
✨ Porter service.
✨ Porters’ Clothing.
- 🚫 Fee levied on Nepali visa.
🚫 All personal expenses including lunch and dinner while in Kathmandu.
🚫 International flight fares.
🚫 Medical examination or emergency rescues.
🚫 Staff Tipping.
🚫 Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu on early arrival or late departure.
🚫 Travel or medical insurance.
🚫 Optional tours and sightseeing or any activities during free time.
🚫 Other personal expenses – laundry, battery charges, shower etc.