Annapurna Kali Gandaki Muktinath Trek:
The number of days required for Annapurna Kali Gandaki Muktinath Trek will be dispersed as:
• Trekking Days: 09 Days.
• Kathmandu Stay: 03 Days.
• Pokhara stay: 02 Days.
• Departure Day: 01 Day.
“Only those who will risk going to far can find out how far they can go”
“Walk into the world’s deepest gorge and the ancient salt trading route between Nepal and Tibet”
Annapurna Kali Gandaki Muktinath trek takes anyone into the deep ravine of the world’s deepest gorge which is phenomenal. This delightful trek gives anyone ample opportunity to witness the majestic Annapurna, Dhaulagiri and Nilgiri range. Furthermore, it offers the appealing views of the spectacular landscape and vibrant hills. It provides the welcoming environment to understand the culture of the western Nepal.
This trek takes you to the most amazing settlement of Ghorepani. It is the world’s largest Rhododendron growing forest area with spectacular panoramic mountains view. We descend down to the natural hot-spring (Tatopani) that provides you soothing relief from walking muscle pain. Give yourself a revitalizing bath in the natural hot spring that indeed has medicinal and healing powers. Soon we set off following the deepest gorge in the world of Kali Gandaki where the views are simply sensational. Getting to Jomsom, the windy valley of Nepal has a different fascination.
Muktinath, the place of salvation is highly revered abode for both Hindus and Buddhists. Anyone can witness the harmony between the two different religions very well-reflected in Muktinath. Every year thousands of pilgrims, especially locals and Indians visit this spiritual shrine which bears a great religious and spiritual significance. However, all these unique features makes Annapurna Kali Gandaki Muktinath trek one of the exceptional trekking destination of Nepal.
Unique feature of the Trek:
Despite the disagreement over the actual depth of the Kali Gandaki Gorge the walk through is undeniably the most beautiful and unique on its own. The gorge which is said to be older than the mountains dates back to 80 million years. Furthermore, it separates the world’s 7th highest mountain, Dhaulagiri (8,167 m/26,795 ft) on the west and world’s 10th highest mountain Annapurna (8,091 m/26,545 ft) on the east.
Kali Gandaki, the source of which have its place from the Tibetan Brahmaputra flows through the forbidden ancient kingdom of Mustang. More to the point, Annapurna Kali Gandaki Muktinath trek is as popular as any trekking destination in Nepal. Every year thousands of nature enthusiast including the pilgrims pick it as their vacation. It’s one of the bestselling and the highlight of the Annapurna region that in reality is the dominant section of the great Annapurna Circuit Trek.
- DAY 01: Arrive to Kathmandu (1400 m/4,593 ft)
- DAY 02: Half day city tour/ afternoon trek briefing and preparation/ welcome dinner
- DAY 03: Drive to Pokhara (820 m/2,690 ft) 7 hours
- DAY 04: Drive to Nayapul (1,070 m/3,510 ft) Trek to Ulleri (1,960 m/6,430 ft) 5 -6 hours
- DAY 05: Trek to Ghorepani (2,860 m/9,383 ft) 4 hours
- DAY 06: Morning excursion to Poonhill (3,200 m/10,498 ft) and trek to Tatopani (1,200 m/3,937 ft) 6 – 7 hours
- DAY 07: Trek to Ghasa (2,010 m/6,549 ft) 5- 6 hours
- DAY 08: Trek to Larjung (2,550 m/8,366 ft) 5 – 6 hours
- DAY 09: Trek to Marpha (2,670 m/8,760 ft) 4 hours
- DAY 10: Trek to Kagbeni (2,800 m/9,186 ft) 5 – 6 hours
- DAY 11: Trek to Muktinath (3,800 m/12,467 ft) 4 – 5 hours
- DAY 12: Trek to Jomsom (2,720 m/8,923 ft) 5 – 6 hours
- DAY 13: Fly to Pokhara (820 m/2,690 ft) 20 minutes
- DAY 14: Fly to Kathmandu 25 minutes
- DAY 15: Departure day
The above itinerary is simply a guideline and is subject to alteration as per the circumstances. Your group Leader is solely liable to bring about changes in the best interest of the Group.
⭐ The early drive to Pokhara through the unfamiliar slender highway is special with its picturesque view, beautiful landscape, gorges, and farming terraces along with a glimpse of snow-clad mountains at the backdrop.
⭐ Pokhara (820 m), the second biggest city also very popularly known as the second home of the tourists is the land of extravagant beauty that triggers excitement despite its 6 hours drive.
⭐ The beautiful Phewa Lake and the magnificence of the Himalayas mounting at the backdrop create an atmosphere of peace and delight.
⭐ Next day’s drive to Nayapul and trek to Ulleri is adventurous. This first day technical climb is worth-it as it takes you to the beautiful cultured Gurung village with a grand view of Fishtail along with extensive vibrant green hills.
⭐ Walk to Ghorepani, the world’s largest Rhododendron growing forest area and morning excursion to Poonhill for the exceptional sunrise view is one cherishing moment endowed with spectacular panoramic mountains view along with the Kali Gandaki gorge, the deepest gorge in the world.
⭐ Steep descend to Tatopani and dip in the natural hot-spring is very relaxing.
⭐ Walking into the ancient trading route of the world’s deepest gorge, Kali Gandaki is mesmerizing with surprising views.
⭐ Being at Jomsom and getting closer to the stunning snowy Nilgiri range and the world’s 7th highest mountain, Dhaulagiri is another attraction.
⭐ Witness another face of Nepal with arid, barren, more like a dried out ocean land setting is phenomenal.
⭐ Visiting Muktinath, a sacred place for both Hindus and Buddhist at the foot of the highest pass Thorang La (5,416 m/17,769 ft) is incredible.
⭐ Adventurous flight through the deepest gorge in the world, Kali Gandaki to the lake city of Pokhara.
“Walk into the world’s deepest gorge and the ancient salt trading route between Nepal and Tibet”
DAY 1: KATHMANDU, THE CAPITAL CITY (1400 m/4,593 ft)
Soon you land in Kathmandu airport your group leader will be there with Nepal Pyramids board to greet you and transfer you to the hotel. Despite, the capital city of Nepal certainly being the busiest with hectic traffic it undoubtedly has a strong appeal with local splendor and vigorous activities around, where you can simply relax and take pleasure in the fun of driving through the unfamiliar roads.
• Pick up from the international airport.
• Transfer to hotel by your Group Leader.
• Short preliminary briefing.
• Arriving early gives you an opportunity to explore Kathmandu.
• Welcome dinner and getting to know each other.
DAY 2: IN KATHMANDU
Today would be the most exhilarating day where your leader introduces you to our city tour expert who guides you to the most pious Hindu and Buddhist religious place that are listed in the world heritage sites and elucidates you the entire mysticism over its existence.
• Breakfast depending on your choice and preference.
• Meet-up at 9 am for the tour.
• Visit to Boudhanath Stupa and Pashupatinath.
• Lunch on your preference.
• Getting together for trek briefing as per the time given by your leader.
• Distribution of company’s trek equipment’s.
DAY 03: DRIVE TO POKHARA (820 m/2,690 ft) 7 hours
Driving 200 km to Pokhara, the second biggest city of Nepal is very entertaining giving you ample opportunity to know how locals live up to drive through these winding roads in local bus which are often enormously packed.
• 6/7 hours drive.
• Early drive to Pokhara to skip any uncertainty of traffic jam.
• Fabulous scenery as you navigate through this new roads.
• A very relaxing multiple breaks gives you time to stretch and enjoy.
• Lunch stop in one of the highway restaurant with its excellent food choices is very comforting.
• Being in Pokhara unlike Kathmandu will definitely add more excitement to your anticipation.
DAY 04: DRIVE TO NAYAPUL (1,070 m/3,510 ft) 1 and ½ hours TREK TO ULLERI (1960m/6430ft) 5 – 6 hours
Approximately 1 and ½ hour’s drive on narrow paved road to Nayapul, the starting point of your electrifying expedition is sincerely adventurous. Approximately 5 hours walk to Ulleri, the exquisite stone built rural community in the region situated high up on the mountain ridge.
• Drive to Nayapul.
• 2 and half hours gentle walk to the beautiful settlement of Hille for lunch.
• The scenic beauty, deep gorge and stretches of ancient farming terraces at the backdrop is phenomenal.
• 3 hours of vertical ascend with lots of steps through the series of villages to Ulleri is adventurous.
• Overnight stay, fabulous dinner and briefing by your leader along with number of alluring narratives.
DAY 05: TREK TO GHOREPANI (2,860 m/9,383 ft) 4 hours
4 hours walking through the beautiful woodland trail of rhododendron, maple and oak is overwhelming and getting to Ghorepani the leading protected area in Nepal with the world largest Rhododendron forest is extraordinary. Ghorepani, the place that has served as a crucial place for the meet up of traders during the salt trade era between Nepal and Tibet.
• Unbelievable hike through the dramatic forest setup.
• Lot to see if you are trekking in spring.
• Getting to Ghorepani, the blue roof settlement is electrifying.
• Know the legends of Ghorepani.
• Free afternoon for self – exploration.
• Overnight stay, marvelous dinner and chill out.
DAY 06: MORNING EXCURSION TO POONHILL (3,200 m/10.498 ft) AND TREK TO TATOPANI (1,200 m/3,937 ft) 6 – 7 hours
Morning sunrise view from Poon-Hill is one cherishing moment with panoramic view of mountains like Annapurna, Nilgiri, Dhaulagiri, Dhampus peak, Fishtail etc. Today we descend at least of 1600 m down to Tatopani. After breakfast we leave Gorepani and descend through woodland to the village of Sikha for lunch. We further descend down to world’s deepest Kali Gandaki gorge and get to Tatopani. Taking a dip in the pool of Tatopani (hot water), the natural hot spring is an everyday activity for tourist both local and international.
• Early wake-up call for the dazzling sunrise view with ample snow-capped mountains that would move many emotionally.
• Fabulous walk through woodland is peaceful.
• Arriving into the deepest gorge in the world and getting to Tatopani is sensational.
• After a long day walking dip in the natural hot spring at Tatopani with chilled beer is very soothing.
DAY 07: TREK TO GHASA (2,010 m/6,549 ft) 5 – 6 hours
From Tatopani we start off with a gradual ascend trial to the village of Dana where Magars are the dominant tribe. Depending on the trail condition today we try our best to skip the jeep road and take the formerly trekking route. On the way through Kali Gandaki you would see couple of Hydro power station and eventually get to Rupse Chahara, one among the most beautiful waterfall of Nepal where we will have lunch. Gradually we get to Ghasa, the border between Myagdi and Manang district.
• Delightful walk with stunning views and series of cultural villages.
• Walking through the series of townships of Magars, Brahmins and Thakalis is remarkable.
• Outstanding view of Rupse Chahara, one among the most beautiful waterfall of Nepal.
• Being at Ghasa and arriving into a different district of Manang is exciting.
• View of Annapurna is unbelievable.
DAY 08: TREK TO LARJUNG (2,550 m /8,366 ft) 5 - 6 hours
Today’s short walk starts with gradual up trial to Kaiku. The trail now ascends following the gorge through the forest of pine till we cross a bridge, we now steeply ascend to the village of Lete and another short gradual trail leads us to the prosperous Thakali village of Kalopani. Another 2 hours of enchanting walk through pine, juniper and cypress forest takes us to the very cultured and architecturally exotic village of Larjung.
• Most enchanting walk through woodland.
• Despite occasional steep climbing today’s walk offers an impressive view of Dhaulagiri (7th highest mountain in the world), Nilgiri, Tukuche and Annapurna.
• Being at the beautiful settlement of Larjung is sensational.
• Lunch and free afternoon for self – exploration.
DAY 09: TREK TO MARPHA (2,670 m/8,760 ft) 4 hours.
After breakfast we walk a gradual trial to Kobang and gradually reach Tukuche, the village grounded at the base of Tukuche peak and did serve as a junction during the salt trade era. Now we enter into the ‘valley of apples and apricot’ where you would see ample apple orchards and apple brandy brewery on the way. Another two hours of gentle walk takes us to one of the largest Thakali village of Marpha. This architectural white village has always been prominent for its apples.
• A very enchanting walk along the salt trade route and the world’s deepest gorge.
• Getting closer to the majestic Dhaulagir and Nilgiri is phenomenal.
• It is mesmerizing to see all the beautiful apple growing all around if you are trekking in the right season.
• Now the valley opens right before you with its magnificence.
• Lunch at Marpha and afternoon exploration, worth trying local apple brandy.
DAY 10: TREK TO KAGBENI (2800 m/9186 ft) 5 – 6 hours
Now away from the tree line we leave Marpha and the next 2 hours of gradual – effortless trial takes us to the medieval town of Jomsom which means New Fort and the district headquarters of Mustang. Nilgiri range dominates the entire Jomsom. Next we walk 10 km of easy walk to kagbeni with occasional walking on the Kali Gandaki river bed. Kagbeni, the getaway to the forbidden kingdom of Mustang is stunning with its very cultured and ancient setting.
• Awesome walk with different landscape background.
• Great view of high Himalayan giants poking into the sky.
• Witness the Kali Gandaki River which dates back to 80 million old flowing from Tibetan Plateau.
• Walk to Kagbeni, the gateway of Upper Mustang through the ancient salt trade trail is unique.
• Afternoon excursion around the antique village of Kagbeni which is not to be missed.
DAY 11: TREK TO MUKTINATH (3,800 m/12,467 ft) 4 – 5 hours
Leaving the vintage Kagbeni we slowly ascend to the ridge from where the view of Mustang valley and the Kali Gandaki valley is unbelievable. We further climb up to the ancient settlement of Jharkot where you would witness the remains of the ancient fort. Eventually we climb to a very lively town of Muktinath – situated at the base of Muktinath peak and the high Thorang Pass Muktinath is a highly venerated sacred place of pilgrimage for both Hindus and Buddhist.
• Walking on the wider version of trail is worth it.
• A very rewarding moment being at Muktinath with exceptional view.
• Explore Muktinath, a place of nirvana for both Hindus and Buddhist.
• Observe the lively activities of locals selling souvenirs and ammonites.
• Witness how Hinduism and Buddhism blend side by side in great harmony in Nepal.
DAY 12: TREK TO JOMSOM (2,720 m/8,923 ft) 5 - 6 hours
Today we walk to Jomsom partly taking a different trail with utterly different landscape background as Mustang happens to be a desert of Nepal with arid and dry terrestrial. We leave Muktinath and descend down to Ekle Bhatti. We follow Kali Gandaki, the river older than the mountains and head towards Jomsom, the administrative headquarter of Mustang and the windy valley of Nepal.
• Today’s walk is very relaxing through ancient Tibetan settlement where Nilgiri range dominates the horizon.
• Retracing our trail back through prehistoric Kali Gandaki River is mesmerizing.
• While walking back to Jomsom watch out for harsh wind. Beautiful Nilgiri range dominates the entire Jomsom.
• Being it a last night fun activities follows with dancing, eating, drinking and tipping.
Day 13: FLY TO POKHARA
Today we wake up early for the flight to Pokhara. Flights from Jomsom takes off early to skip any uncertainty of wind and weather. Pokhara (820 m), the second biggest city, also very popularly known as the second home of the tourists is the land of extravagant beauty that would undoubtedly trigger excitement.
• End of your trekking days.
• We bid goodbye to our local staff.
• 20 minutes flight to stunning Pokhara, and in Pokhara the beautiful Phewa Lake and the magnificence of the Himalayas mounting at the backdrop create an atmosphere of peace and delight.
• As per preference your leader will assist you in your Pokhara activities that may include: lake explore and hike to peace pagoda, paragliding, zip lining etc. or it’s entirely up to your choice if you want to stay back and explore Pokhara for shopping.
DAY 14: FLY TO KATHMANDU.
Sensational flight back to the capital city of Kathmandu with an outstanding panoramic view.
• Sensational flight to Kathmandu
• Explore the Capital City of Kathmandu as per your requirements.
DAY 15: DEPARTURE DAY.
Depending on your flight schedule airport transportation will be provided. Your leader will be there to send you off home.
Dates & Cost
|Trip Start Date||Trip End Date||Price||Status|
|US$ 1650||Book Now|
✅ National park entry fees, conservation fees, trekking permit, TIMS permit.
✅ Airport pickups and drops facility on both Domestic and International flights.
✅ Three star twin bed sharing hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara on Bed / Breakfast basis.
✅ Welcome dinner in a typical traditional Nepali restaurant.
✅ Half day guided city sightseeing with paid entrance fee.
✅ All Government and Local tax.
✅ Domestic flights as per the itinerary.
✅ Fundamental trekking gears like sleeping bag, down jacket fleece liner etc.
✅ All Ground transportation to and from preferred destination as per the itinerary.
✅ Tea-house accommodation or tented camp as per the trek.
✅ Properly boiled hot water for drinking every evening and morning.
✅ staff insurance.
✅ Meals (Lunch, dinner, breakfast with hot beverages) during trek.
✅ An accomplished trekking Group Leader and assistant guides.
✅ Oxygen cylinders and an all-inclusive medical kit on all trips.
✅ Take away Nepal Pyramids duffel bag, T-shirt and trekking Map.
✅ Porter service.
✅ Porters’ Clothing.
❌ Fee levied on Nepali visa.
❌ All personal expenses including Food while in Kathmandu/Pokhara.
❌ International flight fares.
❌ Medical examination or emergency rescues.
❌ Staff Tipping.
❌ Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu on early arrival.
❌ Travel or medical insurance.
❌ Optional tours and sightseeing or any activities during free time.
❌ Other personal expenses – laundry, battery charges, shower etc.