Annapurna Dhaulagiri Trek:
The number of days required for Annapurna Dhaulagiri Trek will be dispersed as:
• Trekking Days: 10 Days.
• Kathmandu Stay: 03 Days.
• Pokhara Stay: 02 Days.
• Departure Day: 01 Day.
“The Mountains are calling and You must Go”
Annapurna Dhaulagiri trek is a small circuit trek that takes anyone into the genuine wilderness setting. The history of curiosity among nature lovers, trekkers and mountaineers to explore the concealed valleys Annapurna started after 1950. In the year 1950 the French climbers, Maurice Herzog and Louis Lachenal made a breakthrough climbing the 10th highest mountain in the world, Annapurna I. This ascent of Annapurna 8,091 m/ 26,545 ft, was indeed the first ever human conquest of the 8,000 m in the history of mountaineering.
The incident however, generated awareness and motivation among the people far and wide to conquer these majestic and mystical Himalayas. Since then, the Annapurna region which was believed to be hidden for so long was eventually revealed to the outside world. Thousands of travelers every year visit Annapurna which is rich in biodiversity and has exceptional features. All these make Annapurna region as one of the most beautiful holiday destination. Moreover, Annapurna Dhaulagiri trek is exceptionally a phenomenal trekking destination and should be in the bucket list of all. It is one among the mesmerizing Annapurna Trekking Destination that finally connects with the final portion of famous Annapurna circuit Trek trail.
More of Annapurna Dhaulagiri Trek:
Nonetheless, now the Annapurna region happens to be the largest protected area in Nepal. This 9 days exploration starting from the foothills of Annapurna to the secluded mountain terrain of Khopra Ridge is sensational. As a matter of fact, Annapurna Dhaulagiri Trek is one of the most marvelous hikes to experience Nepal. Furthermore, the exceptional culture, beautiful people, and amazing views of lofty peaks is mesmerizing. We have a majestic view of Annapurna I, II, Dhaulagiri, Annapurna South, Nilgiri, Annapurna Fang (Barah-Shikar) which is alluring.
Annapurna Dhaulagiri trek , also very popularly known as the ‘Community lodge Trek’. In-fact we use community lodges for accommodation whose profits goes to several projects for the benefit of the locals. Tourists visit this route very infrequently and is best for those who want to break away from the commercial trails and enjoy the tranquility with outstanding views. Likewise, it undeniably gives you the real trekking experience as it being away from the traditional trekking destination. Enjoy the secluded and off the beaten track of Annapurna and feel the difference.
- DAY 01: Arrive to Kathmandu (1400m/4593ft)
- DAY 02: Half day city tour/ afternoon trek briefing and preparation / welcome dinner
- DAY 03: Drive to Pokhara (820m/2690ft)
- DAY 04: Drive to Nayapul (1070m/3510ft) 1 and ½ hours and Trek to Ghandruk (1940m/6364ft) 5 hours
- DAY 05: Trek to Tadapani (2630m/8628ft) 4 hours
- DAY 06: Trek to Dobato (3426m/11240ft) 4 – 5 hours
- DAY 07: Morning excursion to Muldai view point (3637m/11932ft) and Trek to Chistibung (2,950m/9678ft) 4 hours
- DAY 08: Trek Kopra Ridge (3,600m/11811ft) 3 – 4 hours
- DAY 09: Exploration to Holy Khaire Lake (OPTIONAL)
- DAY 10: Trek to Swanta (2,214m/7263ft) 5 hours
- DAY 11: Trek to Ghorepani (2,860m/9383ft) 4 hours
- DAY 12: (morning excursion to Poonhill for sunrise view) - trek to Hille (1,430m/4691) 5 – 6 hours
- DAY 13: Trek to Nayapul and drive to Pokhara
- DAY 14: Fly to Kathmandu
- DAY 15: Departure day.
The above itinerary is simply a guideline and is subject to alteration as per the circumstances. Your Group Leader is solely liable to bring about changes in the best interest of the group.
Is AD trek Tough? Can anyone join?
What is the usual walking distance like?
What physical requirement is necessary?
Any chances of Altitude sickness?
Can we customize the AD trek?
What to expect regarding Food and Accommodation in AD trek?
Despite being basic the family oriented lodges which Nepal Pyramids use are at its best offering you the comfort experience with its typical local environment. You have variety of choices for the food and so far with Nepal Pyramids absolute contentment prevails in regards to meals and Local Tea-House.
Is it feasible to trek during winter?
Drinking water arrangements?
Device charging, hot-shower and Wi-Fi facility?
Over trivial cost all tea houses provide you with super-hot showers, if not hot-bucket shower is always available.
Not all but most lodges provide you with Wi-Fi over some charges but not always reliable.
I don’t have a sleeping bag?
I am very slow?
What about heating system?
Why always trek with local company?
Do I need to have travel insurance?
⭐ The early drive to Pokhara (820m), the second biggest city, also very popularly known as the second home of the tourists is the land of extravagant beauty that triggers excitement despite its 6 hours drive.
⭐ The beautiful Phewa Lake and the magnificence of the Himalayas mounting at the backdrop create an atmosphere of peace and delight.
⭐ Next day’s drive to Nayapul and trek to Ghandruk, the biggest cultured Gurung village with a grand view of Annapurna South, Hiunchuli, and Fishtail along with extensive vibrant green hills is incredible.
⭐ Walk to the high elevated remote trail to Khopra Ridge offers you the most astonishing views with towering mountains along with the world’s deepest gorge which appears into the depth of profound valleys.
⭐ Khopra Ridge, the high elevated Himalayan meadow is simply stunning and overnight stay at the community lodge with the most charismatic mountain views is the highlight of the entire trip which is priceless.
⭐ Excursion to holy Khaire Lake on the optional day is rewarding in terms of both views and mysticism despite it being a strenuous walk.
DAY 1: KATHMANDU, THE CAPITAL CITY (1400 m/4593 ft)
Soon you land in Kathmandu airport your group leader will be there with Nepal Pyramids board to greet you and transfer you to the hotel. Despite, the capital city of Nepal certainly being the busiest with hectic traffic it undoubtedly has a strong appeal with local splendor and vigorous activities around, where you can simply relax and take pleasure in the fun of driving through the unfamiliar roads.
• Pick up from the international airport.
• Transfer to hotel by your Group Leader.
• Short preliminary briefing.
• Arriving early gives you an opportunity to explore Kathmandu.
• Welcome dinner and getting to know each other.
DAY 2: IN KATHMANDU - Half day city tour / trek preparations.
Today would be the most exhilarating day where your leader introduces you to our city tour expert who guides you to the most pious Hindu and Buddhist religious place that are listed in the world heritage sites and elucidates you the entire mysticism over its existence.
• Breakfast depending on your choice and preference.
• Meet-up at 9 am for the tour.
• Visit to Boudhanath Stupa and Pashupatinath.
• Lunch on your preference.
• Getting together for trek briefing as per the time given by your leader.
• Distribution of company’s trek equipment’s.
DAY 03: DRIVE TO POKHARA (820 m/2,690 ft) 7 hours
Driving 200 km to Pokhara, the second biggest city of Nepal is very entertaining giving you ample opportunity to know how locals live up to drive through these winding roads in local bus which are often enormously packed.
• 6/7 hours drive.
• Early drive to Pokhara to skip any uncertainty of traffic jam.
• Fabulous scenery as you navigate through this new roads.
• A very relaxing multiple breaks gives you time to stretch and enjoy.
• Lunch stop in one of the highway restaurant with its excellent food choices is very comforting.
• Being in Pokhara unlike Kathmandu will definitely add more excitement to your anticipation.
DAY 04: DRIVE TO NAYAPUL (1,070 m/3,510 ft) 1 and ½ hours TREK TO GHANDRUK (1,940 m/6,364 ft) 5 hours
Approximately 1 and ½ hour’s drive on narrow paved road to Nayapul, the starting point of your electrifying expedition is sincerely adventurous. Approximately 5 hours walk to Ghandruk, the biggest Gurung rural community in the region.
• Drive to Nayapul.
• 2 hours gentle walk to the beautiful settlement of Syauli Bazaar for lunch.
• 3 hours of vertical ascend through the series of villages.
• The scenic beauty, deep gorge and farming terraces at the backdrop is phenomenal.
• Overnight stay, fabulous dinner and briefing by your leader along with number of alluring narratives.
• Great view of Annapurna South, Hiunchuli and Machchapurchare (fishtail) mountain.
DAY 05: TREK TO TADAPANI: (2,630 m/8,628 ft) 4 hours
3 and half to 4 hours walk through the beautiful forest of Rhododendron, Maple, Oak and number of other floras to Tadapani.
• Wake up call as set by your leader.
• After breakfast today’s walk is pretty much on undulating trails.
• Most of the time you are in the shade keeping you away from the harsh day sun.
• Overnight stay in this small settlement of Tadapani is quite an experience.
• Landscape and mountain views are stunning.
• Stunning sunrise view from the tea house verandah itself.
DAY 06: TREK TO DOBATO (3,426 m/11,240 ft) 4 – 5 hours
Morning sunrise view from Tadapani lodge itself is one cherishing moment with the panoramic view of mountains like Annapurna South, Hiunchuli, Fishtail etc. Today we walk the very untouched woodland trial also very popularly known as “The Lord of The Rings Trial” due to its dramatic forest setting. We gradually ascend to the very small settlement of Meshar and Isharu where we would stop for a tea. Walking into the most beautiful hill cut gradual up trial and stream valley trail we get to yet another small place of Dobato.
• Dazzling sunrise view with snow-capped mountains from the lodge itself.
• Fabulous walk through woodland is peaceful.
• Walking into the stream valley trail away from the harsh day sun is soothing.
• Lunch at Dobato and free afternoon for some activities.
DAY 07: MORNING EXCURSION TO MULDAI VIEW POINT (3,637 m/11,932 ft) AND TREK TO CHISTIBUNG (2,950 m/9,678 ft) 4 hours
Early wakeup for morning excursion to Muldai view point from where the sunrise is one cherishing moment with panoramic view of mountains like Annapurna, Nilgiri, Dhaulagiri, Dhampus peak, Fishtail along with the view of Kali Gandaki – the world’s deepest gorge. After breakfast we leave Dobato and walk the mountain ridge trail that takes us to Baili. We descend down to the stream with the most stunning view of landscape and deep valleys with exquisite forest setting of pine, rhododendron and oak. After the foot bridge short undulating trail guides us to Chistibung.
• Early wake-up call for the dazzling sunrise view with ample snow-capped mountains that would move many emotionally.
• Fabulous walk through the mountain ridge trial and lush forest.
• Landscape and mountain views are stunning.
• Lunch at Chistibung and free afternoon for shower and other activities.
DAY 08: TREK KOPRA RIDGE (3,600 m/11,811 ft) 3 – 4 hours
Though a short walk we steeply ascend 600 m to Khopra Ridge. We climb all the way leaving behind the tree line area to the small holy pond from where the view is outstanding. Next short climb takes us to the alpine Khopra Ridge where there is only one lodge belonging to the community. Availability of rooms need to be confirmed beforehand.
• Most enchanting ascend with lots of floras and fauna.
• Getting to the alpine Khopra with the most stunning mountain views is mesmerizing.
• Getting closer to the soaring peaks overlooking the deepest gorge is breathtaking.
• Lunch and free afternoon to explore and to see the herds of yaks around, sunset is never to be missed.
DAY 09: EXPLORATION TO HOLY KHAIRE LAKE (OPTIONAL) (4,565 m/14,977 ft) 10 hours
Exploration to holy Khaire Lake is optional as the hike up the holy khaire lake and back to the lodge takes reasonable amount of time.
For the Lake – early morning wake-up is set with the pack lunch. We start with the established trial and get to the alpine undulating trail to get to Khaire Lake which is well settled at the base of Barah Sikhar (Annapurna Fang). The Holy Khaire Lake is religiously significant and in August during the full moon of Janai Purnima festival thousands of pilgrimage from Nepal and India visit the lake to worship.
However, anyone withdrawing from the lake exploration can always go around the ridge that has so much to offer including the hike down to the view point of the world’s deepest gorge.
DAY 10: TREK TO SWANTA (2,214 m/7,263 ft) 5 hours
After breakfast steeply descend retracing our trail back to Chistibung. We further descend down through the lush forest to a cultural isolated lodge for lunch. Continuing our trail through the forest of bamboo, oak and rhododendron where few locals have spotted wild bear and tiger we get to the most beautiful terraced village of Swanta, considered to be one of the most attractive village in the region.
• Awesome walk through the forested trial.
• Lunch in the middle of timberland is yet another attraction.
• Group trekking is suggested after lunch for group safety any uncertainty against wild animals.
• Being at the most attractive terraced village of Swanta is irreplaceable.
• Time to relax and chill out.
DAY 11: TREK TO GHOREPANI (2,860 m/9,383 ft) 4 hours
4 hours walking through the beautiful woodland trail of rhododendron, maple and oak is overwhelming and getting to Ghorepani the leading protected area in Nepal with the world largest Rhododendron forest is extraordinary. While walking to Ghorepani we ultimately connect to the most admired Annapurna Circuit trial. Ghorepani, the place that has served as a crucial place for the meet up of traders during the salt trade era between Nepal and Tibet.
• Unbelievable hike through the dramatic forest setup.
• Lot to see if you are trekking in spring.
• Getting to Ghorepani, the blue roof settlement is electrifying.
• Know the legends of Ghorepani.
• Free afternoon for self – exploration.
• Overnight stay, marvelous dinner and chill out.
DAY 12: MORNING EXCURSION TO POONHILL FOR SUNRISE VIEW and TREK TO HILLE (1,430 m/4,691 ft) 5 – 6 hours
Morning sunrise view from Poon-Hill is one cherishing moment with panoramic view of mountains like Annapurna, Nilgiri, Dhaulagiri, Dhampus peak, Fishtail etc. Looking down upon the Kali Gandaki Gorge, the worlds deepest gorge where we walked a couple of days back is something remarkable.
• Early wake-up call for the 45 minutes excursion to Poon-Hill (3200 m/10,498 ft).
• Dazzling sunrise view with ample snow-capped mountains moves many emotionally.
• Breakfast and steep descent (1400 m) down to Hille.
• Despite no mountain view Hille is admired for its culture and its time honored farming terraces.
• Being it a last night fun activities follows with dancing, eating, drinking and tipping.
DAY 13: TREK TO NAYAPUL 3 hours/DRIVE TO POKHARA - 1 and half hour
2 and a half hours walk to Nayapul, the starting point and depending on your preference the leader will organize your lunch. 1 and a half hour drive to Pokhara. Pokhara (820 m), the second biggest city, also very popularly known as the second home of the tourists is the land of extravagant beauty that would undoubtedly trigger excitement.
• End of your trekking days.
• We bid goodbye to our local staff.
• Drive to Pokhara, and in Pokhara the beautiful Phewa Lake and the magnificence of the Himalayas mounting at the backdrop create an atmosphere of peace and delight.
• As per preference your leader will assist you in your Pokhara activities that may include: lake explore and hike to peace pagoda, paragliding, zip lining etc. or it’s entirely up to your choice if you want to stay back and explore Pokhara for shopping.
DAY 14: FLY TO KATHMANDU - 25 minutes
Sensational flight back to the capital city of Kathmandu with an outstanding panoramic view.
• Sensational flight to Kathmandu
• Explore the Capital City of Kathmandu as per your requirements.
DAY 15: DEPARTURE DAY.
Depending on your flight schedule airport transportation will be provided.
Dates & Cost
|Trip Start Date||Trip End Date||Price||Status|
|US$ 1295||Book Now|
✅ National park entry fees, conservation fees, trekking permit, TIMS permit.
✅ Airport pickups and drops facility on both Domestic and International flights.
✅ Three star twin bed sharing hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara on Bed / Breakfast basis.
✅ Welcome dinner in a typical traditional Nepali restaurant.
✅ Half day guided city sightseeing with paid entrance fee.
✅ All Government and Local tax.
✅ FLIGHT FROM POKHARA TO KATHMANDU.
✅ Fundamental trekking gears like sleeping bag, down jacket fleece liner etc.
✅ All Ground transportation to and from preferred destination as per the itinerary.
✅ Tea-house accommodation or tented camp as per the trek.
✅ Properly boiled hot water for drinking every evening and morning.
✅ staff insurance.
✅ Meals (Lunch, dinner, breakfast with hot beverages) during trek.
✅ An accomplished trekking Group Leader and assistant guides.
✅ Oxygen cylinders and an all-inclusive medical kit on all trips.
✅ Take away Nepal Pyramids duffel bag, T-shirt, Buff (multiple head-wear) and trekking Map.
✅ Porter service.
✅ Porters’ Clothing.
❌ Fee levied on Nepali visa.
❌ All personal expenses including Food while in Kathmandu/Pokhara.
❌ International flight fares.
❌ Medical examination or emergency rescues.
❌ Staff Tipping.
❌ Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu on early arrival.
❌ Travel or medical insurance.
❌ Optional tours and sightseeing or any activities during free time.
❌ Other personal expenses – laundry, battery charges, shower etc.