Annapurna Circuit Trek with Tilicho Lake:
The number of days required for Annapurna Circuit Trek with Tilicho Lake will be dispersed as:
• Trekking Days: 15 Days.
• Kathmandu Stay: 03 Days.
• Pokhara Stay: 01 Days.
• Departure Day: 01 Day.
“Find your Own Way”
Legend has it that Maurice Herzog, a French mountaineer and the first human being to summit 8000 m peak of Annapurna I on 3rd June 1950 camped in Tilicho Lake. Conversely, in their quest for climbing the 10th highest peak in the world Maurice came down to Manang in a futile search for food. It is however believed that he had to return nearly starving back to Tilicho camp. Annapurna circuit trek with Tilicho Lake is an epic trek that provides anyone a genuine celestial experience that words can’t express.
Annapurna Circuit trek with Tilicho Lake takes us to the most stunning topographic setting of Annapurna. Once no 1 trekking destinations in the world, Annapurna circuit served as the ancient salt trading route between Tibet and Nepal. This enchanting trail of Annapurna circuit gradually cruises into the different valley of Tilicho away from the main trial. It eventually takes you into the very untouched terrain which is absolutely out of the world. Soon the valley lands us to the point where it exhibit before us the world’s highest lake, Tilicho nestled at the base of the majestic Tilicho peak.
Going over the Legendary Pass to Paradise:
We retrace our trail back and connect with the main Annapurna circuit trial. It ultimately leads us to the most daring Thorang La Pass (5,416 m/17,769 ft). More significantly it is the highest navigable pass in the world and served as the main route of salt trading. We descend down to the other side of the pass that lands us to a different district of Mustang which is remarkable. The splendor and views is simply out of the world. Being at Kagbeni the gateway to the forbidden kingdom of Mustang is another attraction.
Walking into the valley of Kali Gandaki, the World’s Deepest Gorge is phenomenal. We also climb up to Poon-Hill famous for its spectacular views of the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges. In this pleasant journey we pass through woodlands, cross untouched meadows, and vibrant green hills. Furthermore, experience the change in vegetation, enjoy the serenity and all the while being in the company of glorious Himalayas. Finally flying over through the worlds deepest gorge with the view of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri range is simply sensational. With all these delightful adventure through the eternal valleys makes Annapurna circuit trek with Tilicho lake the most exquisite one.
- DAY 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1,400 m/4,593 ft)
- DAY 02: Half day city tour / afternoon trek briefing and trek preparation / welcome dinner
- DAY 03: Drive to Beshishahar/ hour and a half drive to Nagdi (930 m/3,051 ft) and overnight stay.
- DAY 04: Trek to Jagat (1,300 m/4,265 ft) : 6 - 7 hours
- DAY 05: Trek to Dharapani (1,960 m/6,430 ft) : 7-8 hours
- DAY 06: Trek to Chame (2,710 m/8,891 ft) : 5 - 6 hours
- DAY 07: Trek to Pisang (3,300 m/10,824 ft) : 5 - 6 hours
- DAY 08: Trek to Manang (3540 m/11614 ft) via Nagwal (3660 m/12007 ft) : 7 - 8 hours
- DAY 09: Rest day at Manang: Acclimatization day and morning excursion after breakfast.
- DAY 10: Manang to Siri Kharka (4,060 m/13,320 ft) : 4-5 hours
- DAY 11: Siri Kharka to Tilicho Base Camp (4,140 m/13,583 ft) : 5-6 hours
- DAY 12: Visit Tilicho Lake (4,919 m/16,138 ft) then back to Siri Kharka : 5-6 hours
- DAY 13: Siri kharka to Yak kharka (4040 m/13,020 ft) :4-5 hours
- DAY 14: Yak kharka to Thorang Phedi (4,420 m/14,501 ft) : 3-4 hours
- DAY 15: Thorong Phedi to Thorong La pass (5,416 m/17,764 ft) to Muktinath (3,800 m/12,467 ft) : 7 - 8 hours
- DAY 16: Trek to Kagbeni (2,800 m/9,186 ft) 4 hours
- DAY 17: Trek to Jomsom (2,720 m/8,923 ft) 4 hours
- DAY 18: Fly to Pokhara (820 m/2,690 ft) 20 minutes
- DAY 19: Fly to Kathmandu
- DAY 20: Departure Day.
The above itinerary is simply a guideline and is subject to alteration as per the circumstances. Your group leader is solely liable to bring about changes in the best interest of the group.
⭐ The early departure from Kathmandu hotel to Beshishahar and 6/7 hours’ drive through the unfamiliar narrow highway is out of the ordinary with enormous landscape view at the backdrop.
⭐ Another hour and a half drive in a local transportation to Nagdi is an interesting experience.
⭐ It provides you with abundant opportunity to witness the rich cultural diversity and to experience the legendary trails that passes through time-honored settlement with exceptional scenic beauty.
⭐ Getting to Chame, Pisang, Manang and the sight of enormous soaring snow-clad mountains around and the transformation in vegetation is miraculous.
⭐ Taking a different valley to Tilicho Lake, the world’s highest Lake (4,919 m/16,138 ft) which is turquoise blue in summer and frozen during winter is amazingly spectacular.
⭐ Going over the daring Thorang La (5416 m/17,769 ft), the highest point in the Annapurna circuit trek is a great accomplishment of a lifetime.
⭐ The Muktinath Temple to the other side of the pass which is a very sacred place for both Hindus and Buddhists is another highlight of the trip.
⭐ Being at Jomsom and getting closer to the stunning snowy Nilgiri range and the world’s 7th highest mountain, Dhaulagiri is another attraction.
⭐ Witness another face of Nepal with arid, barren, more like a dried out ocean land setting is phenomenal.
⭐ Adventurous flight through the deepest gorge in the world, Kali Gandaki to the lake city of Pokhara.
“If you seek creative ideas go walking”
DAY 1: KATHMANDU, THE CAPITAL CITY (1,400 m/4,593 ft)
Soon you land in Kathmandu airport your group leader will be there with Nepal Pyramids board to greet you and transfer you to the hotel. Despite, the capital city of Nepal certainly being the busiest with hectic traffic it undoubtedly has a strong appeal with local splendor and vigorous activities around, where you can simply relax and take pleasure in the fun of driving through the unfamiliar roads.
• Pick up from the international airport.
• Transfer to hotel by your Group Leader.
• Short preliminary briefing.
• Arriving early gives you an opportunity to explore Kathmandu.
• Welcome dinner and getting to know each other.
DAY 2: IN KATHMANDU
Today would be the most exhilarating day where your leader introduces you to our city tour expert who guides you to the most pious Hindu and Buddhist religious place that are listed in the world heritage sites and elucidates you the entire mysticism over its existence.
• Breakfast depending on your choice and preference.
• Meet-up at 9am for the tour.
• Visit to Boudhanath Stupa and Pashupatinath.
• Lunch on your preference.
• Getting together for trek briefing as per the time given by your leader.
• Distribution of company’s trek equipment’s.
DAY 03: DRIVE TO BESISAHAR/ HOUR AND A HALF DRIVE TO NAGDI (930 m/3,051 ft) AND OVERNIGHT STAY 7 – 8 hrs
Driving 173 km/107 miles to Besisahar, the prosperous town of the British Gorkhas is very entertaining giving you ample opportunity to know how locals live up to drive through these winding roads in local bus which are often enormously packed.
• 7/8 hours’ drive.
• Early drive to Nagdi to skip any uncertainty of traffic jam.
• Fabulous scenery and mountain view at the backdrop as you navigate through this new roads.
• Lunch stop in one of the highway restaurant with its excellent food choices is very comforting.
• From Besisahar an hour drive in a local bus/ jeep is another fascination with so much to witness.
• Being at Nagdi, a basic settlement and the starting point of our trek will definitely add more excitement to your anticipation.
DAY 04: TREK TO JAGAT (1,300 m/4,265 ft) : 6 - 7 hrs
Today after breakfast we start our first day trek crossing the Nagdi Khola suspension bridge. We ascend to Bahundanda (Hill of Brahamins), a settlement positioned at the high ridge. The trail next descends down to the famous Marshyangdi River and walk further to a big settlement of Syange for lunch. We cross a very old suspension bridge and climb all the way to Jagat.
• Wake up call as set by your leader
• 4 hours of pleasant undulating walk through series of traditional villages until lunch
• Crossing high suspension bridges is daring.
• The scenic beauty, deep gorges among soaring cliffs at the backdrop is phenomenal.
• Being at Jagat, the stone village with medieval atmosphere and few tea houses is remarkable and worth an effort.
DAY 05: TREK TO DHARAPANI (1,960 m/6,430 ft) : 7-8 hours
Leaving Jagat we walk an opening gradual trial and climb to the village of Chamche and crossing the suspension bridge we ascend gradually to the village of Tal, the most beautifully positioned settlement at the banks of Marshyangdi River for lunch. We now enter into the district of Manang. After lunch we walk a gradual trail crossing multiple bridges and beautiful villages to Dharapani.
• Fabulous walk along the valley of Marshyangdi with so much to see and learn.
• Entering into a different district and to witness the Buddhist influence is another attraction.
• To see all the entrance Chorten gate in each village gives you the sense of Tibetan Buddhism.
DAY 06: TREK TO CHAME (2,710 m/8,891 ft) : 5 - 6 hours
From Dharapani we start off with a gradual trial to Bagarchap and eventually get to another settlement of Danagyu. Next we climb through the amazing woodland trail to the village of Timang for lunch. After lunch once again we start off with gradual trail and drop all the way to Thanchok and finally reach the pleasing settlement of Chame, the administrative headquarter for Manang district.
• Delightful walk with stunning views and series of cultural villages.
• Lunch at traditional settlement of Timang is another attraction.
• Getting to Chame with most of the facility is exciting.
• View of Annapurna II and Lamjung Himal is unbelievable.
DAY 07: TREK TO PISANG (3,200 m/10,498 ft) : 5 - 6 hours
Leaving Chame we cross the suspension bridge and walk a gradual trial with apple and peach orchard everywhere that will take us to the village of Talekhu. Now the valley starts opening up and we walk the broader version of the trail to Brathang, legend says that it used to be the settlement for Khampas (the Tibetan warriors). Soon we walk the forested trail of pine and fir to Dhukure Pokhari (holy pond) for lunch. Next hour and a half of beautiful trail lands us to Pisang.
• Most enchanting walk through woodland and apple-peach orchard.
• Despite long hours walking break at Dhukure Pokhari for lunch is worth it.
• Being at the basic settlement of Pisang, situated at the base of Pisang peak is sensational.
• Grand view of Chulu far east and Pisang peak.
DAY 08 - 09: TREK TO MANANG (3,540 m/11,614 ft) VIA NAGWAL (3,660 m/12,007 ft) : 7 - 8 hours.
Today we start early as we take the upper Pisang trail via Ngawal to Manang for the awe-inspiring view. Vertical hike all the way to Ghyaru for the most graceful panoramic view of meadows and mountains. Gradual walk to Ngawal for Lunch and an effortless walk to the plateau of Manang, one of the happening place in the district.
• Walk to Ghyaru for the incredible view of snow-capped mountains.
• Lunch at Ngawal, the settlement in the hidden valley is another attraction.
• The upper trail simply offers anyone with a bird’s eye view of the deep gorges and landscape which is amazing.
• View of Annapurna II, III, IV, Gangapurna, Tilicho, Tharke kang, Chulu and Pisang Peak.
• Despite long hours walking getting to Manang, one of the enchanting place in the region located at the base of high Himalayas is simply sensational.
• Manang, the village where Maurice Herzog came in 1950s in search of food.
• 1 and ½ hours amazing walk for acclimatization.
• Walk to the hill other side of Manang for the view of Gangapurna glacier and the lake.
• The close view of the magnificent mountain, extensive green hills, the Tibetan Buddhist culture is charismatic
• Free afternoon where you can enjoy cultural or mountain documentary movies in the movie hall or visit a museum at trivial cost.
DAY 10: MANANG TO SIRI KHARKA (4,060 m/13,320 ft) : 4-5 hours
Today we skip the main Annapurna circuit trail and take a different valley of Tilicho towards the west of Manang and walk the trail down to the river. After crossing a bridge over Kangsar Khola we walk the trail that eventually leads us to the village of Kangsar. We gradually ascend steep trail past the monastery and chortens that gives you the Tibetan Buddhism influence to Siri Kharka with awesome view of Chulu.
• A walk into the very untouched and rarely taken trial is remarkable.
• Chances to see the blue ship.
• Being in the alpine with dramatic landscape setting is astonishing
• Walk in the pleasant Himalayan meadow with the View of Chulu range.
• Now our quest for the highest lake in the world is near to come.
DAY 11: TREK TO TILICHO BASE CAMP (4,140 m/13,583 ft) : 5-6 hours
Once again we walk the less trodden trail through various glacial lakes towards Tilicho Base Camp. Despite today being more of an effortless walk it could be challenging rambling vigilantly on the landslides trail where there are much chances of rock fall. Your group leader will be giving you necessary provision of walking on this technical landslides trail. Eventually we get to the basic Tilicho base camp.
• A walk into the less trodden narrow trial is adventurous.
• Chances to see the blue ship.
• Being in the alpine zone with vivid rock formation view is amazing
• To find yourself in the isolated valley, used to be Nepal’s last village is startling.
• Prepare yourself for the next morning adventure of walking to the highest lake in the world.
DAY 12: VISIT TILICHO LAKE (4,919 m/16,138 ft) THEN BACK TO SIRI KHARKA : 7 - 8 hours
We start early today to get to the world’s highest lake, Tilicho and we start off with the initial vertical steep switch back ascent until we get to the ridge. On our way we would see the Himalayan meadow basically a summer camp for the Yaks as they would skip the scorching heat of low land and walk all the way here for grazing. We walk a gradual up trail till we get to a picturesque large lake settled at the foot of the Tilicho Peak. This sacred lake also known as the ‘The Great Ice Lake’ as it remains frozen during winter in indeed phenomenal.
After our adventurous excursion we retrace our trail back to Siri Kharka.
• 4 hours walk to the highest lake in the world is terrific and peaceful.
• Getting to sacred Tilicho Lake with the backdrop of massive Tilicho peak and other neighboring mountains is significant.
• Feel the genuine wilderness and experience the beautiful Himalayan moments.
• Walk in the pleasant Himalayan meadow with the View of Chulu range.
• Rejoice your accomplishment and get an unforgettable experience.
Day 13: TREK TO YAK KHARKA (4,110 m/13,484 ft) : 4 hours
Leaving Siri Kharka we descend to Khangsar Village past the ancient Buddhist monastery. Soon we leave the trail we took on our way up and take a different trial that would ultimately join the regular Annapurna circuit trial. After crossing the bridge we ascend to get to the mountain ridge and walk further to get to Yak kharka (yak grazing pasture).
• Beautiful walk to Yak Kharka with free afternoon.
• After Tilicho Lake dropping few hundreds meter of elevation gives you more time for acclimatization.
• Once again the View of Chulu range and the rest of the peak is sensational.
• Free afternoon to relax and prepare for our next mission of high pass.
DAY 14: TREK TO THORANG PHEDI (4,450 m/14,599ft) OR HIGH CAMP (4,600m/15,092 ft) : 3 - 4 hours
Today’s short walk starts with a gradual trail to the village of Letder. We continue with the gradual trail and cross a footbridge, short steep climb to the ridge for a short break at the tea shop. Another 45 min walk through the technical landslides trail takes us the Thorang phedi (base camp). Precaution is to be taken at landslides trial.
• Short walk into the rugged trail is worth walking.
• A very rewarding moment being at Phedi with exceptional view.
• Slow walking is recommended for health safety; listen to your leader for guidance over walking the technical landslide area.
• Depending on your health and safety concern your leader will decide on base camp or high camp.
• Despite being very basic, being at Thorang Phedi with only limited lodge is charming.
DAY 15: TREK TO MUKTINATH (3,800 m/12,467 ft) VIA THORONG LA PASS (5,416 m/17,764 ft) : 8 - 9 hours
We start very early today to get over quick and to skip the wind chill factor in the summit of the pass. The trail starts with steep ascend to high camp and then gets gradual up till we get to the solitary isolated tea shop for short break. We further climb to the pass, our ultimate goal and great achievement and descend all the way down to Muktinath entering into a different district of Mustang. Muktinath, highly venerated sacred place of pilgrimage for both Hindus and Buddhist.
• Starting early with so many other trekkers on our head torches is fascinating.
• Visit to the monastery and lighting the butter lamp is an incredible experience
• Going over the daring Thorang La (5416 m/17,769 ft), the highest point in the Annapurna circuit trek is a great accomplishment of a lifetime.
• Descending 1700m to Muktinath, being in a different valley and district with grand view of Dhaulagiri, Tukuche, Muktinath peak and Mustang peak is breathtaking.
• Explore Muktinath, a place of nirvana for both Hindus and Buddhist.
DAY 16: TREK TO KAGBENI (2,800 m/9,186 ft) 4 hours
Today walking to Kagbeni you would see utterly different landscape background as Mustang happens to be a desert of Nepal with arid and dry terrestrial. We wake up leisurely and after breakfast we descend down to the very ancient village of Jharkot. We further descend down to the Khingar and walk further in a painless wide roadway trail to Kagbeni, the gateway of Mustang with very cultured Tibetan style community.
• Visit to an ancient village of Jharkot is remarkable.
• Great view with dozens of Himalayan giants poking into the sky including Dhaulagiri, Mustang Peak, Nilgiri etc.
• Witness the Kali Gandaki river which dates back to 80 million old flowing from Tibetan Plateau.
• Getting to Kagbeni, the gateway of Upper Mustang through the ancient salt trade trail is unique.
• Easy walk, lunch at Kagbeni itself – and after lunch excursion around the antique village of Kagbeni which is not to be missed.
DAY 17: TREK TO JOMSOM (2,720 m/8,923 ft) 4 hours
We leave Kagbeni and walk the easy Kali Gandaki valley trail to Jomsom. We follow Kali Gandaki, the river older than the mountains that makes the world’s deepest gorge and head towards Jomsom, the administrative headquarter of Mustang and the windy valley of Nepal.
• Today’s walk is very relaxing through ancient Tibetan settlement where Nilgiri range dominates the horizon.
• Being on the other side of the valley with different land setting, mountains and the prehistoric Kali Gandaki River is mesmerizing.
• Walking to Jomsom with all the lively activities is enchanting, watch out for harsh wind.
• Beautiful Nilgiri range dominates entire Jomsom.
• Being it a last night fun activities follows with dancing, eating, drinking and tipping.
Day 18: FLY TO POKHARA
Today we wake up early for the flight to Pokhara. Flights from Jomsom takes off early to skip any uncertainty of wind and weather. Pokhara (820 m), the second biggest city, also very popularly known as the second home of the tourists is the land of extravagant beauty that would undoubtedly trigger excitement.
• End of your trekking days.
• We bid goodbye to our local staff.
• 20 minutes flight to stunning Pokhara, and in Pokhara the beautiful Phewa Lake and the magnificence of the Himalayas mounting at the backdrop create an atmosphere of peace and delight.
• As per preference your leader will assist you in your Pokhara activities that may include: lake explore and hike to peace pagoda, paragliding, zip lining etc. or it’s entirely up to your choice if you want to stay back and explore Pokhara for shopping.
DAY 19: FLY TO KATHMANDU - 25 minutes
Sensational flight back to the capital city of Kathmandu with an outstanding panoramic view.
• Sensational flight to Kathmandu
• Explore the Capital City of Kathmandu as per your requirements.
DAY 20: DEPARTURE DAY.
Depending on your flight schedule airport transportation will be provided. Your leader will be there to send you off home.
Dates & Cost
|Trip Start Date||Trip End Date||Price||Status|
|US$ 1765||Book Now|
✅ National park entry fees, conservation fees, trekking permit, TIMS permit.
✅ Airport pickups and drops facility on both Domestic and International flights.
✅ Three star twin bed sharing hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara on Bed / Breakfast basis.
✅ Welcome dinner in a typical traditional Nepali restaurant.
✅ Half day guided city sightseeing with paid entrance fee.
✅ All Government and Local tax.
✅ FLIGHT FROM JOMSOM / POKHARA AND FROM POKHARA / KATHMANDU.
✅ Fundamental trekking gears like sleeping bag, down jacket fleece liner etc.
✅ All Ground transportation to and from preferred destination as per the itinerary.
✅ Tea-house accommodation or tented camp as per the trek.
✅ Properly boiled hot water for drinking every evening and morning.
✅ staff insurance.
✅ Meals (Lunch, dinner, breakfast with hot beverages) during trek.
✅ An accomplished trekking Group Leader and assistant guides.
✅ Oxygen cylinders and an all-inclusive medical kit on all trips.
✅ Take away Nepal Pyramids duffel bag, T-shirt, Buff (multiple head-wear) and trekking Map.
✅ Porter service.
✅ Porters’ Clothing.
❌ Fee levied on Nepali visa.
❌ All personal expenses including Food while in Kathmandu/Pokhara.
❌ International flight fares.
❌ Medical examination or emergency rescues.
❌ Staff Tipping.
❌ Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu on early arrival.
❌ Travel or medical insurance.
❌ Optional tours and sightseeing or any activities during free time.
❌ Other personal expenses – laundry, battery charges, shower etc.