Annapurna Base Camp Helicopter Trek:
The number of days required for Everest Base Camp Trekking will be dispersed as:
• Trekking Days 07 Days
• Kathmandu stay 02 Days (including one contingency day)
• Departure day 01 Day
This 10 Days Annapurna Base camp helicopter trek is the best alternative way to explore the surroundings of Annapurna. It is indeed one of the most beautiful experience that takes you into the lush woodland valleys of Annapurna. This trip delivers you the best of Annapurna that cruises through the historic Nepal-Tibet Salt Trade Route.
Annapurna base camp is by far the most sanctified place for its native inhabitants and has various legendries and superstitious belief which still survives in the midst of all modernization. Furthermore, it gives you ample opportunity to explore the very cultured villages of the Gurungs, the people who are very well known for their bravery in the History of British Gorkhas.
Among all the Annapurna trekking packages this trip comes as very exceptional due to its accessibility and all the thrills involved. Furthermore, the cost of such a luxury quest is very reasonable. Annapurna I (8091 m), the 10th highest mountain in the world and the expedition to its base is a delightful trip which is extremely stunning. This epic trip to Annapurna sanctuary or base camp is another rewarding trek that delivers magical woodland trails through the lush forest, panoramic mountain views, and unique culture.
Annapurna Base Camp the height of which is approximately 4130 m /13,459 feet is certainly a magical place surrounded by the grand Annapurna range and the towering holy mountain Machchapuchare – Also Known As Fishtail Mountain.
Fascinating Annapurna Base Camp Helicopter Trek:
This 10 Days Annapurna Base camp helicopter trek basically designed for those with inadequate time frame to achieve the entire trek schedule. It’s also intended for people who fancy in executing their adventure with a different approach.
With this charming trip you have the opportunity to experience all the excitements of trekking and flying in a Helicopter with extraordinary experience. From the very first day we walk the most enchanting trail through very lively local settlements and farming terraces. The steep climb to Ulleri is challenging but very rewarding. Getting to Ghorepani, the center for salt trade during ancient years is very interesting. Walk to Poonhill with the most stunning sunrise view peeking out of high Himalayas and the sight of the world’s deepest gorge is heavenly.
Very gradually we enter into the Annapurna sanctuary area into the lush woodlands where the spirits dwell. It is SANCTITY where taking live meat or slaughtering any live animals is utterly forbidden. Eventually walking through the very deep valleys with ample waterfalls view we get to Machchapuchare base camp (Fishtail Base Camp) with dramatic setting. The feeling of contentment develops with its serene ambiance. We walk to Annapurna Base camp situated at the lap of Annapurna South and Hiunchuli mountain. The technical Annapurna I stands resilient to the North where the twilight runs to its walls giving you genuine peace and happiness.
We wake up the next morning for the most spectacular sunrise view. After breakfast we bid adieu to Annapurna Base camp and all the majestic mountains and take Chartered Helicopter to Pokhara.
- DAY 01: Arrive to Kathmandu (1400 m/4,593 ft) Trip Preparation and Welcome Dinner
- DAY 02: Fly to Pokhara (820 m/2690 ft) – 25 minutes – Drive to Nayapul 1 and ½ hours and trek to Ulleri (1960 m/6430 ft) – 5/6 hours
- DAY 03: Trek to Ghorepani (2860 m/9,383 ft) 4 Hours
- DAY 04: Morning excursion to Poonhill (3200 m/10.498 ft) and Trek to Tadapani (2630 m/8,628 ft)
- DAY 05: Trek to Chhomrong (2170 m/7119 ft) 5 - 6 Hours
- DAY 06: Trek to Bamboo (2,310 m/7,578 ft) 5 Hours
- DAY 07: Trek to Deurali (3230 m/10,597 ft) 5 – 6 Hours
- DAY 08: Trek to Annapurna base camp (4130 m /13,459 ft) 4 hours
- DAY 09: Chartered Helicopter to Pokhara / Take regular flight to Kathmandu.
- DAY 10: Departure Day / Transfer to the international airport
The above itinerary is simply a guideline and is subject to alteration as per the circumstances. Your group leader is solely liable to bring about changes in the best interest of the group.
It is always very wise to have an extra days in your hand in case of bad weather to which, occasionally, flying of Helicopter isn’t possible. In such cases we always come up with a possible alternatives depending on the situations.
⭐ Early flight to Pokhara (820m), the second biggest city also very popularly known as the second home of the tourists is the land of extravagant beauty.
⭐ Outstanding view of the mountains and picturesque landscapes while flying to Pokhara makes your day.
⭐ 1 and ½ Hours drive to Nayapul through the unfamiliar slender roadway is special with its picturesque view, beautiful landscape, gorges, and farming terraces along with a glimpse of snow-clad mountains at the backdrop.
⭐ Trek to Ulleri is adventurous. This first day technical climb is worth-it as it takes you to the beautiful cultured Gurung village with the grand view of antique framing terraces and extensive vibrant green hills.
⭐ Walk to Ghorepani, the world’s largest Rhododendron growing forest area and morning excursion to Poonhill for the exceptional sunrise view is heavenly endowed with spectacular panoramic mountains view along with the Kali Gandaki gorge, the deepest gorge in the world.
⭐ Walking into the deep valley through the forested trail of maple, oak, rhododendron, birch and ample floras is remarkable and very thrilling.
⭐ Despite the risk of avalanches on the way to Annapurna base camp, the surrounding is incredibly spectacular with panoramic 360 degree angle mountain view.
⭐ Fling back to Pokhara from Annapurna Base Camp in a Helicopter is an experience of beauty.
DAY 1: KATHMANDU, THE CAPITAL CITY (1400 m/4593 ft)
Once you arrive in the Kathmandu airport your group leader will transfer you to the hotel. Your leader will set up a next meet up time for the Trek Briefing and distribution of the trekking equipment’s. Soon you are done with the briefing you will be guided to the most authentic Nepali restaurant for Welcome Dinner.
- Pick up from the international airport.
- Transfer to hotel by your Group Leader.
- Arriving early gives you an opportunity to explore Kathmandu.
- Getting together for trek briefing as per the time given by your leader.
- Distribution of company’s trek equipment’s.
- Welcome dinner and getting to know each other.
DAY 02: FLY TO POKHARA (820 m/2690 ft) 25 min / DRIVE TO NAYAPUL 1 and ½ Hours and TREK TO ULLERI (1960 m/6430 ft) – 5/6 HOURS
We will fly to the second biggest and the most beautiful Lake City of Pokhara. Soon leaving Pokhara we will drive the winding roadway to Nayapul, the starting point of our wonderful Trekking. Finally trekking through the most fascinating trail we get to our destination, Ulleri. Ulleri, the exquisite stone built rural community in the region situated high up on the mountain ridge. Though challenging but its very worthwhile to walk the vertical trail to Ulleri.
- 25 minutes stunning flight to Pokhara.
- Fabulous scenery as you fly to the Lake City.
- 2 and 1/2 hours gentle walk to the beautiful settlement of Hille for lunch.
- The scenic beauty, deep gorge and stretches of ancient farming terraces at the backdrop is phenomenal.
- 3 hours of vertical ascend with consistent stone steps through the series of villages to Ulleri is adventurous.
- Overnight stay in the local Tea house.
DAY 03: TREK TO GHOREPANI (2860 m/9383 ft) 4 Hours
After walking for 4 hours through the beautiful woodland trail of rhododendron, maple and oak we get to Ghorepani, the most magical local settlement. Ghorepani is the leading protected area in Nepal with the world largest Rhododendron forest is amazing. This tiny village has served as a crucial place for the meet up of traders during the salt trade era between Nepal and Tibet.
- Unbelievable hike through the dramatic forest setup.
- Abundant Rhododendron with varied colors if you are trekking in spring.
- Getting to Ghorepani, the blue roof settlement is electrifying.
- Listen to the legend of Ghorepani from your Group leader.
- Free afternoon – don’t miss to explore this tiny village.
- Overnight stay, marvelous dinner and chill out.
DAY 04: MORNING EXCURSION TO POONHILL (3200 m/10,498 ft) AND TREK TO TADAPANI (2630 m/8,628 ft) 6 – 7 Hours.
Morning sunrise view from Poon-Hill is one cherishing moment with panoramic view of mountains like Annapurna, Nilgiri, Dhaulagiri, Dhampus peak, Fishtail etc. After breakfast we leave Gorepani and steeply ascend through the world’s largest rhododendron to the ridge with stunning view of mountains and the deepest gorge in the world. We further walk and undulating trail also known as ‘Lord of the Rings trail’ into the dense forest of pine, maple rhododendron and oak to Tadapani.
- Early wake-up call for the dazzling sunrise view with ample snow-capped mountains that would move many emotionally.
- Fabulous walk through woodland is peaceful.
- Most of the time you are in the shade keeping you away from the harsh day sun.
- Overnight stay in this small settlement of Tadapani is quite an experience.
- Landscape and mountain views are stunning.
- Stunning sunrise view from the tea house veranda itself.
DAY 05: TREK TO CHHOMRONG (2170 m/7119 ft) 5 - 6 Hours
From Tadapani we start off with an extensive descend through the lush woodland to the beautiful settlement of Chuile at 2309 m. We still head steeply down to the river crossing the suspension bridge. Next effortless walk takes us to the village of Gorjung where we will have lunch. From Gorjung we take a 45 minutes steep trail to Durpin Danda and next 1 and half hours of gentle trail ultimately takes us to the agricultural village of Chhomrong with the grand view of Annapurna South and Hiunchuli.
- Delightful walk into the woodland.
- Skipping the harsh day sun and being at the soothing forest shades is comforting.
- Getting to Chhomrong and the view of Annapurna is unbelievable.
DAY 06: TREK TO BAMBOO (2310 m/7578 ft) 5 Hours
Leaving Chhomrong we climb down the regular set of steps to Chhomrong Khola (river) and after crossing a small foot bridge we steeply ascend to lower Sinuwa. We continue with our ascent to real Sinuwa, a settlement high up on the mountain edge. From Sinuwa we further remain in the lush forested undulating trail and finally descend down the narrow hill cut path to the village of Bamboo, a settlement with very limited tea-houses.
- Most enchanting walk through the sanctified forest.
- Arriving at Bamboo, a settlement surrounded by lush forest is soothing.
- Due to very limited lodge single supplement is absolutely impossible.
- Relax and enjoy the afternoon tea with biscuits.
DAY 07: TREK TO DEURALI (3230 m/10,597 ft) 5 – 6 Hours
Soon we are done with our breakfast we leave Bamboo and set off into the forested trial with occasional steep climb in between. We walk a dense forest trail of bamboo, rhododendron and maple to Dovan with the gorgeous view of series of waterfall. From Dovan we start with gradual trail and soon climb a steep trail to Hinku cave (a small shelter for porters during rain or storm). Following Modi Khola we descend down to Machhapuchhre stream and climb to Deurali.
- Walking into woodland following the Modi Khola gorge is eccentric.
- View of Hiunchuli and the holy Fishtail.
- Fun being at Hinku Cave, the overhanging rock that provides protection against rain and avalanche from Hiunchuli and Annapurna South.
- The valley widens and you can see the doorway to Annapurna Sanctuary right before you.
DAY 08: TREK TO ANNAPURNA BASE CAMP (4130 m /13,459 ft) 4 Hours
Now we enter into the alpine zone away from the tree line. Continuing with the initial gradual trail we cross the avalanche trail that will close down during winter and an alternative trail is opened for safety concern to Machhapuchhare Base camp. We climb to MBC for a small stop and continue for the next 2 hours into the wide Himalayan meadow trial to Annapurna Base Camp. Here you are literally surrounded by the tremendous 360 degree mountain view which is unique.
- Walk to Machhapuchhare base camp situated at the base of soaring holy fishtail is enchanting.
- Be cautious while walking in avalanche trail if you are trekking in winter.
- Being in the alpine with dramatic landscape setting is astonishing
Walk in the pleasant Himalayan meadow with the View majestic Annapurna I and its neighboring mountains.
- Explore Annapurna Base Camp for the grandiose view of mountains, glacier and the glacial lakes.
DAY 09: SUNRISE VIEW / BREAKFAST / CHARTERED HELI TO POKKHAR AND FLY TO KATHMANDU.
Today we will wake up for the sunrise view. The remarkable sunrise view is second to none in terms of its beauty and magnificence. After we are done with our morning breakfast we will take the sensational Helicopter tour to Pokhara. This tour is exceptionally pleasing with its aerial view and the close view of the mountains. Once we land in Pokhara we take the regular flight back to capital city of Kathmandu with an outstanding panoramic view.
- One of the exquisite experience of flying out of Annapurna base camp in a Chartered Helicopter.
- Sensational flight to Kathmandu
Grandiose view of mountains and magical terrains as you fly back to Kathmandu.
- Explore the Capital City of Kathmandu as per your requirements.
DAY 10: DEPARTURE DAY.
Depending on your flight schedule airport transportation will be provided. You will be accompanied by your Group leader.
Dates & Cost
✅ ACAP Permits and TIMS permit.
✅ Helicopter as per the Package/Itinerary.
✅ Airport pickups and drops facility on both Domestic and International flights.
✅ Luxury hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu on Bed / Breakfast basis.
✅ Welcome dinner in an authentic Nepali restaurant.
✅ All Government and Local tax.
✅ Flight from Kathmandu/Pokhara and Pokhara/Kathmandu.
✅ Fundamental trekking gears like sleeping bag, down jacket fleece liner etc.
✅ Tea-house accommodation.
✅ Ground Staff – their insurance and wages.
✅ Meals (Lunch, dinner, breakfast with hot beverages) during trek.
✅ An accomplished trekking Group Leader and local staff.
✅ Proficient Assistant Guides as per the size of the group.
✅ Oxygen cylinders and an all-inclusive medical kit on all trips.
✅ Take away Nepal Pyramids duffel bag, T-shirt and trekking Map.
✅ Porter service.
✅ Porters’ Clothing.
❌ Fee levied on Nepali visa.
❌ All personal expenses including Food while in Kathmandu/Pokhara.
❌ International flight fares.
❌ Medical examination or emergency rescues.
❌ Staff Tipping.
❌ Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu on early arrival.
❌ Travel or medical insurance.
❌ Optional tours and sightseeing or any activities during free time.
❌ Other personal expenses – laundry, battery charges, shower etc.