12 Days Annapurna Base Camp Trek:
The number of days required for 12 Days Annapurna Base Camp Trek will be dispersed as:
• Trekking Days: 07 Days.
• Kathmandu Stay: 03 Days.
• Pokhara stay: 02 Days.
• Departure Day: 01 Day.
This phenomenal 12 days Annapurna base camp trek takes you to the legendary trail set by the French climber Maurice Herzog in 1950. Maurice Herzog scaled Annapurna I, the first ever victorious human ascent of 8,000 m peak in the history of mountaineering. Trekking to the base of Annapurna I (8091 m), the 10th highest mountain in the world is indeed a pleasing experience. This 12 days Annapurna base camp trek is yet another delightful trek that delivers great trekking experience. It offers you with scenic snow-clad mountain views, natural trekking trail and interaction with the locals popularly known as “Gurung”.
Annapurna base camp is by far the most sanctified place and it bears various beliefs, myths and mysteries which still survive in the midst of all modernization.
We drive to the most enchanting Lake city of Pokhara with a grandiose view of Annapurna range and the famous Phewa Lake. Fishtail or Machchapuchare – The Holy Mountain, dominates this beautiful city. Next day we drive to the village of Siwai, our starting point and soon head towards the settlement of Jhinu with the ‘natural hot spring’. Small hike to the hot spring and a soothing hot bath is worth it. Next morning we hike up to the beautiful village of Chhomrong that offers the most gorgeous view of the holy mountain Fishtail.
From Chhomrong we get deep into the silent and mysterious valley of Annapurna that presents lofty hills and series of waterfalls. Further, we start heading towards Bamboo through the most fascinating trail with dramatic forest setting which is simply sensational. The name itself symbolizes that this small village is precisely inside the forest of bamboo, maple, rhododendron and oak. Bamboo doesn’t offer much view but it’s worth it to stay overnight. However, the tranquil atmosphere at Bamboo with just the sound of nature around is mesmerizing.
Soon, we walk the sanctified woodland trail towards the village of Deurali. This trail is appears very mystifying that holds lots of myths and mystery. To many, this dark forested trail gives an uncanny feeling but it’s exciting as you pass through. Soon we get to most awaited destination, Annapurna base camp which is very well fenced by sky rocketing snow peaks. It’s indeed very spiritual and magical to be at ABC with a magnificent view. Furthermore, anyone would be so overwhelmed when they find themselves into a place entirely surrounded by majestic snow peaks. It is simply magical. After that saying goodbye to the magnanimous mountain we retrace our trail back to Siwai.
- DAY 01: Arrive to Kathmandu (1400 m/4593 ft)
- DAY 02: Half day city tour/ afternoon trek briefing and preparation / welcome dinner
- DAY 03: Drive to Pokhara (820 m/2,690 ft) 7 hours
- DAY 04: Drive to Siwai 2 and ½ hrs and trek to Jhinu (natural hot spring) (1780 m/5,839 ft) via new bridge 4 Hrs
- DAY 05: Trek to Bamboo (2310 m/7578 ft) 5 Hrs
- DAY 06: Trek to Deurali (3230 m/10,597 ft) 5 – 6 Hrs
- DAY 07: Trek to Annapurna base camp (4130 m /13,459 ft) 4 hours
- DAY 08: Trek to Sinuwa (2340 m/7677 ft) 6 – 7 hours
- DAY 09: Trek to Jhinu (natural hot spring) (1780 m/5,839 ft) 3 – 4 hours
- DAY 10: Trek to Siwai 4 hours and drive to Pokhara 2 and ½ hours
- DAY 11: Fly to Kathmandu
- DAY 12: Departure Day.
The above itinerary is simply a guideline and is subject to alteration as per the circumstances. Your group leader is solely liable to bring about changes in the best interest of the group.
⭐ City tour to the two very spiritual World Heritage Sites – Boudhanath and Pahupathinath.
⭐ Briefing by your group leader and distribution of trekking equipment. Welcome dinner in the typical traditional Nepali restaurant with Nepali cuisine and cultural dance.
⭐ Early drive to the Lake city of Pokhara through the highway with awesome view, beautiful landscape, rivers, and farming terraces.
⭐ Despite the 6 hours’ drive, Pokhara (820 m), the second biggest city is the land of profound beauty that delivers contentment and peacefulness.
⭐ Going around Pokhara is worth it. The Lake and the soaring peaks at the backdrop create an atmosphere of peace and delight.
⭐ Next day’s drive to Siwai and trek to Jhinu is exciting. This first day walk is worth-it as it takes you to the beautiful village with Natural Hot Spring. Give yourself a chance to relax in the hot pool.
⭐ Next day’s walk to the big village of Chhomrong with the grand view of ancient framing terraces and mountain is magical.
⭐ Delightful walk into the mysterious woodland is very thrilling. It gives you the feeling of some strange presence. This sanctified forest is indeed very mystical.
⭐ Walking into the deep valley through the forested trail of maple, oak, rhododendron, birch and abundant floras is remarkable and very thrilling.
⭐ Annapurna base camp is incredibly spectacular with panoramic 360 degree angle mountain view. The morning sunrise view is heavenly endowed with spectacular panoramic mountains.
DAY 1: ARRIVAL IN KATHMANDU, THE CAPITAL CITY (1400 m/4593 ft)
Once you arrive at the Kathmandu international airport you are to look for the signboard that read as “Nepal Pyramids”. Your group leader will be there to receive and transfer you to the hotel. Which means you would be introduced to your Group Leader on the very first day. The Capital City of Nepal, Kathmandu has a pretty hectic traffic and busy lifestyle yet it has a strong appeal with local splendor and vigorous activities around. Enjoy your adventurous drive through narrow yet cozy roadway to your hotel.
• Pick up from the international airport.
• Transfer to hotel by your Group Leader.
• Short preliminary briefing.
• If by any chance you have an early arrival, it offers a great opportunity to explore Kathmandu.
DAY 2: IN KATHMANDU
Today after breakfast your leader will introduce to our professional city tour expert who will guide you to the most pious Hindu and Buddhist religious world heritage sites and explains you the entire mysticism over its existence.
• Breakfast depending on your choice and preference.
• Meet-up at 9 am for the tour.
• Visit to Boudhanath Stupa and Pashupatinath.
• Witness the traditional Cremation.
• Visit the world’s biggest Stupa.
• Getting together for trek briefing as per the time given by your leader.
• Distribution of company’s trek equipment’s.
• Welcome dinner and getting to know each other.
DAY 03: DRIVE TO POKHARA (820 m/2,690 ft) 7 hours
Driving 200 km to Pokhara, the second biggest city of Nepal is very entertaining. While driving this winding road you would observe the beauty of the countryside with lush farmlands and amazing landscapes.
• 6/7 hours drive.
• Early drive to Pokhara to skip any uncertainty of traffic jam.
• Fabulous scenery as you navigate through this beautiful roads.
• It’s fun to watch the Rafting group touring in the Trishuli river.
• Lunch stop in one of the highway restaurant with the river view.
• Being in Pokhara unlike Kathmandu will definitely add more excitement to your anticipation.
DAY 04: DRIVE TO SIWAI 2 and ½ hours TREK TO JHINU (natural hot spring) (1780 m/5839 ft) – 4 Hrs
For about 2 and ½ hour’s we drive on narrow paved road to the village of Siwai, the starting point of our thrilling journey. Next 4 hours we walk through the countryside terraced fields and into the lush woodland to the village of Jhinu. The fun in the hot spring is not to be missed.
• Drive to Siwai with the grandiose view of holy mountain, Fishtail.
• 2 hours beautiful walk though cultured village and farming land to New Bridge for lunch.
• The scenic beauty, deep gorge and stretches of ancient farming terraces is phenomenal.
• 2 hours further walk thru lush forested trail to Jhinu is remarkable.
• Evening walk to the Natural hot spring, relax your first day tired muscle in the hot pool.
DAY 05: TREK TO BAMBOO (2310 m/7,578 ft) 5 hours
Soon after breakfast leaving Jhinu we climb up to the ridge of Chhomrong. Chhomrong offers great view of deep valley and the snow-mountains. We climb down the regular set of steps to Chhomrong Khola (river) and after crossing a small foot bridge we steeply ascend to lower Sinuwa. We continue with our ascent to real Sinuwa, a settlement high up on the mountain edge. From Sinuwa we further remain in the lush forested undulating trail and finally descend down the narrow hill cut path to the village of Bamboo, a settlement with very limited tea-houses.
• Our initial climb to Chhomrong is delightful that warms you up for the rest of your hike.
• Most enchanting walk through the sanctified forest.
• Arriving at Bamboo, a settlement surrounded by lush forest is soothing.
• Due to very limited lodge single supplement is absolutely impossible.
• Relax and enjoy the afternoon tea with biscuits.
DAY 06: TREK TO DEURALI (3230 m/10,597 ft) 5 – 6 hours
After breakfast we leave Bamboo and set off into the forest trial again with gradual trial with occasional steep climb in between. We walk a dense forest trail of bamboo, rhododendron and maple to Dovan with the gorgeous view of series of waterfall. From Dovan we further walk to yet another small settlement of Deurali.
• Walking into the mysterious woodland trail is stirring.
• Unbelievable hike through the dramatic forest setup.
• View of Annapurna South, Hiunchuli and the holy Fishtail.
• Lunch in one of the village with the impressive valley view.
• Fun being at Hinku Cave, the overhanging rock that provides protection against rain and avalanche from Hiunchuli and Annapurna South.
• The valley widens and you can see the doorway to Annapurna Sanctuary right before you.
DAY 07: TREK TO ANNAPURNA BASE CAMP (4130 m /13,459 ft) 4 hours
Now we enter into the alpine zone away from the tree line. Continuing with the initial gradual trail we cross the avalanche trail that will close down during winter. We climb to MBC for a small stop and continue for the next 2 hours into the wide Himalayan meadow trial to Annapurna Base Camp. Here you are literally surrounded by the tremendous 360 degree mountain view which is unique.
• Walk to Machhapuchhare base camp situated at the base of soaring holy fishtail is enchanting.
• Be cautious while walking in avalanche trail if you are trekking in winter.
• Being in the alpine with dramatic landscape setting is astonishing
• Walk in the pleasant Himalayan meadow with the View majestic Annapurna I and its neighboring mountains.
• Explore Annapurna Base Camp for the grandiose view of mountains, glacier and the glacial lakes.
DAY 08: TREK TO SINUWA (2340m/7677ft) 6 – 7 hours
We retrace our trail back to Sinuwa. Despite long hour walking its worth losing elevation and getting back to the tree line. We descend through the sanctified lush forest to Bamboo and climb till we get to the ridge and walk gentle trail to Sinuwa.
DAY 09: TREK TO JHINU (NATURAL HOT SPRING) (1780 m/5,839 ft) 3 – 4 hours
We wake up leisurely today as the walk to Jhinu is pretty short. After breakfast we descend retracing our trial through steady steps till we cross a small foot bridge and then we climb to Chhomrong with a grand view of holy Fishtail. From Chhomrong we descend down all the way down with consistent steps to the beautiful settlement of Jhinu where you have a natural hot spring to relax in the afternoon to sooth your tired muscles.
• Retracing our trail back to Chhomrong is a great time to recall our past adventures.
• Descending down to Jhinu for Lunch and once again afternoon exploration to the natural hot spring would be fun.
• Being a last night fun activities follows with dancing, eating, drinking and tipping
DAY 10: TREK TO SIWAI AND DRIVE TO POKHARA 2 and ½ Hours;
Today we start early to get to the Lake City of Pokhara and relish. We descend down to the village of New Bridge and Kyumi through lush forest with a great view of Modi Khola. You may encounter some wild bee hive very well settled at the high rocky cliffs. We gradually climb and walk the ancient terraced field of corn and millet to Siwai and we drive to Pokhara.
• Today’s walk is very relaxing also that you would be walking a different trail.
• Walking in the terraced farming fields with all the local crops is enchanting.
• Today we bid goodbye to our local staff which is certainly very sad.
• Getting to Pokhara with beautiful Phewa Lake and the magnificence of the Himalayas mounting at the backdrop create an atmosphere of peace and delight.
DAY 14: FLY TO KATHMANDU.
Amazing flight back to the capital city of Kathmandu with an outstanding panoramic view.
• 25 minutes sensational flight to Kathmandu
• Explore the Capital City of Kathmandu as per your requirements.
DAY 15: DEPARTURE DAY.
Depending on your flight schedule airport transportation will be provided.
Dates & Cost
|Trip Start Date||Trip End Date||Price||Status|
|US$ 1000||Book Now|
✅ National park entry fees, conservation fees, trekking permit, TIMS permit.
✅ Airport pickups and drops facility on both Domestic and International flights.
✅ Three star twin bed sharing hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara on Bed / Breakfast basis.
✅ Welcome dinner in a typical traditional Nepali restaurant.
✅ Half day guided city sightseeing with paid entrance fee.
✅ All Government and Local tax.
✅ FLIGHT FROM POKHARA TO KATHMANDU.
✅ Fundamental trekking gears like sleeping bag, down jacket fleece liner etc.
✅ All Ground transportation to and from preferred destination as per the itinerary.
✅ Tea-house accommodation or tented camp as per the trek.
✅ Properly boiled hot water for drinking every evening and morning.
✅ staff insurance.
✅ Meals (Lunch, dinner, breakfast with hot beverages) during trek.
✅ An accomplished trekking Group Leader and assistant guides.
✅ Oxygen cylinders and an all-inclusive medical kit on all trips.
✅ Take away Nepal Pyramids duffel bag, T-shirt and trekking Map, Buff (multiple head-wear).
✅ Porter service.
✅ Porters’ Clothing.
❌ Fee levied on Nepali visa.
❌ All personal expenses including Food while in Kathmandu/Pokhara.
❌ International flight fares.
❌ Medical examination or emergency rescues.
❌ Staff Tipping.
❌ Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu on early arrival.
❌ Travel or medical insurance.
❌ Optional tours and sightseeing or any activities during free time.
❌ Other personal expenses – laundry, battery charges, shower etc.