Poonhill Ghorepani Trek.
“Go on an Adventure to find yourself where you truly belong”
• Trekking Days: 04 and ½ Days.
• Kathmandu Stay: 03 Days.
• Pokhara stay: 02 Days.
• Departure Day: 01 Day.
Poonhill Ghorepani trek is a small circuit trek giving you ample opportunity to witness the majestic Annapurna range. Dissolve yourself into the spectacular landscape and understand the culture of the western people popularly known as GURUNGS. Despite being a short 5 days trek it certainly has so much to offer. There is none who doesn’t fancy walking in this most exquisite trail which is unique on its own. More to the point, this small circuit is as popular as any destination in Nepal. Every year thousands of people pick it as their spot of vacation including the trekkers, biologists and naturalists. It’s one of the bestselling and the highlight of the Annapurna region that in reality connects the great Annapurna Circuit Trek.
During departed years Ghorepani served as a crucial meet up junction for the salt traders. It has aptly named as Ghorepani which literally means Horse – Water as it served as a place for traders to feed their animals with fresh water. Now it is one among the popular trip in the Annapurna trekking category. Furthermore, Poonhill is a fashionable spot for the spectacular sunrise and sunset view. Besides, it also offer ta grandiose view of Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri and Annapurna range. Moreover it presents you with the view of world’s deepest gorge which is phenomenal. The prominence of Poonhill Ghorepani trek is so much that the it is flooded with local and international tourists all through the year.
Poonhill Ghorepani trek takes you into the lush woodland of rhododendron, maple, bamboo and oak. Most of the forest setting along the trail is very dramatic and assumes the name of ‘Lord of the Ring Trail’. During Spring season specially April the trail in this region looks very magical. Due to all the fall-off flowers on the trail it literally makes it more like a wedding trail which is outstanding.
- Day 01:: Arrive to Kathmandu (1400 m/4593 ft)
- Day 02:: Half day city tour/ afternoon trek briefing and preparation / welcome dinner.
- Day 03:: Drive to Pokhara (820 m/2,690 ft)
- Day 04:: Drive to Nayapul Trek to Ghandruk (1940 m/6364 ft)
- Day 05:: Trek to Tadapani (2630 m/8628 ft)
- Day 06:: Trek to Ghorepani (2860 m/9383 ft)
- Day 07:: Morning excursion to poonhill (3200 m / 10,498 ft) and Trek to Hille (1460 m/4790 ft)
- Day 08: Trek to Nayapul and drive to Pokhara.
- Day 09: Drive to Kathmandu
- Day 10: Transportation to the International airport.
The above itinerary is simply a guideline and is subject to alteration as per the circumstances. Your group leader is solely liable to bring about changes in the best interest of the group.
What distance do we cover?
Is Poonhill trek difficult?
Any option for Customization?
Food and Accommodation?
Physical Preparation for Poonhill trek?
What are common ailments?
Charging facility, hot showers and Wi-Fi in Poonhill trek?
Most lodges provide you with Wi-Fi over some charges but not always reliable.
What is the usual walking distance?
Is it doable in winter?
What equipment’s Nepal Pyramids provide?
Drinking Water arrangements?
What if I am sick during the trek?
Do I need to have Insurance for this trip?
⭐ The early drive to Pokhara through the unfamiliar slender highway is special with its picturesque view, beautiful landscape, gorges, and farming terraces along with a glimpse of snow-clad mountains at the backdrop.
⭐ Pokhara (820m), the second biggest city also very popularly known as the second home of the tourists is the land of extravagant beauty that triggers excitement despite its 6 hours drive.
⭐ The beautiful Phewa Lake and the magnificence of the Himalayas mounting at the backdrop create an atmosphere of peace and delight.
⭐ Next day’s drive to Nayapul and trek to Ghandruk is adventurous. This first day technical climb is worth-it as it takes you to the biggest cultured Gurung village with a grand view of Annapurna South, Hiunchuli, and Fishtail along with extensive vibrant green hills.
⭐ Walk to Ghorepani, the world’s largest Rhododendron growing forest area and morning excursion to Poonhill for the exceptional sunrise view is one cherishing moment endowed with spectacular panoramic mountains view along with the Kali Gandaki gorge, the deepest gorge in the world.
DAY 01: IN KATHMANDU (1400 m/4593 ft)
Soon you land in Kathmandu airport your group leader will be there to greet you and transfer you to the hotel. Despite, the capital city of Nepal certainly being the busiest with hectic traffic it undoubtedly has a strong appeal with local splendor and vigorous activities around, where you can simply relax and take pleasure in the fun of driving through the unfamiliar roads.
• Pick up from the international airport.
• Transfer to hotel by your Group Leader.
• Short preliminary briefing.
• Arriving early gives you an opportunity to explore Kathmandu.
• Welcome dinner and getting to know each other.
DAY 02: IN THE CAPITAL
Today would be the most exhilarating day where your leader introduces you to our city tour expert who guides you to the most pious Hindu and Buddhist religious place that are listed in the world heritage sites and elucidates you the entire mysticism over its existence.
• Breakfast depending on your choice and preference.
• Meet-up at 9am for the tour.
• Visit to Boudhanath Stupa and Pashupatinath.
• Lunch on your preference.
• Getting together for trek briefing as per the time given by your leader.
• Distribution of company’s trek equipment’s.
DAY 03: DRIVE TO POKHARA (820 m/2690 ft) 6 - 7 hours
Driving to Pokhara, the second biggest city of Nepal is very entertaining giving you ample opportunity to know how locals live up to drive through these winding roads in local bus which are often enormously packed.
• 6/7 hours drive.
• Early drive to Pokhara to skip any uncertainty of traffic jam.
• Fabulous scenery as you navigate through this new roads.
• A very relaxing multiple breaks gives you time to stretch and enjoy.
• Lunch stop in one of the highway restaurant with its excellent food choices is very comforting.
• Being in Pokhara unlike Kathmandu will definitely add more excitement to your anticipation.
DAY 04: DRIVE TO NAYAPUL AND TREK TO GHANDRUK: (1940 m/6364 ft) 5 hours
Approximately 1 and ½ hour’s drive on narrow paved road to Nayapul, the starting point of your electrifying expedition is sincerely adventurous. Approximately 5 hours walk to Ghandruk, the biggest Gurung rural community in the region.
• Drive to Nayapul.
• 2 hours gentle walk to the beautiful settlement of Syauli Bazaar for lunch.
• 3 hours of vertical ascend through the series of villages.
• The scenic beauty, deep gorge and farming terraces at the backdrop is phenomenal.
• Overnight stay, fabulous dinner and briefing by your leader along with number of alluring narratives.
• Great view of Annapurna South, Hiunchuli and Machchapurchare (fishtail) mountain.
DAY 05: TREK TO TADAPANI: (2630 m/8628 ft) 3 - 4 hours
3 and half to 4 hours walk through the beautiful forest of Rhododendron, Maple, Oak and number of other floras.
• Wake up call as set by your leader.
• After breakfast today’s walk is pretty much on undulating trails.
• Most of the time you are in the shade keeping you away from the harsh day sun.
• Overnight stay in this small settlement of Tadapani is quite an experience.
• Landscape and mountain views are stunning.
• Stunning sunrise view from the tea house veranda itself.
DAY 06: TREK TO GHOREPANI: (2860 m/9383 ft) 6 - 7 hours
6/7 hours walking through the beautiful Lord of the Rings like trail set-up is overwhelming and getting to Gorepani the leading protected area in Nepal with the world largest Rhododendron forest is extraordinary.
• Unbelievable hike through the dramatic forest setup.
• Lot to see if you are trekking in spring.
• Lunch at Deurali (3090 m/10,137 ft) is another attraction.
• Walking down few hundred below to the blue roof settlement is electrifying.
• Overnight stay, marvelous dinner and chill out.
• Briefing by your leader and entertaining activities.
DAY 07: TREK TO HILLE: (1460 m/4790 ft) 5 - 6 hours
Morning sunrise view from Poon-Hill is one cherishing moment with panoramic view of mountains like Annapurna, Nilgiri, Dhaulagiri, Dhampus peak, Fishtail etc. Looking down upon the Kali Gandaki Gorge, the world’s deepest gorge is something remarkable.
• Early wake-up call for the 45 minutes excursion to Poon-Hill (3200 m/10,498 ft).
• Dazzling sunrise view that moves many emotionally.
• Breakfast and steep descent (1400 m) down to Hille.
• Despite no mountain view Hille is admired for its culture and its time honored farming terraces.
• Being it a last night fun activities follows with dancing, eating, drinking and tipping.
DAY 08; TREK TO NAYAPUL 3 hours /DRIVE TO POKHARA 1 and 1/2 hours
2 and a half hours walk to Nayapul, the starting point and depending on your preference the leader will organize your lunch. 1 and a half hour drive to Pokhara.
• End of your trekking days.
• Drive to Pokhara.
• As per preference your leader will assist you in your Pokhara activities that may include: lake explore and hike to peace pagoda, paragliding, zip lining etc. or its entirely up to your choice if you want to stay back and explore Pokhara for shopping.
DAY 09: FLY TO KATHMANDU - 25 minutes
Sensational flight back to the capital city of Kathmandu with an outstanding panoramic view.
Sensational flight to Kathmandu
Explore the Capital City of Kathmandu as per your requirements.
DAY 15: DEPARTURE DAY.
Depending on your flight schedule airport transportation will be provided. Your leader will be there to send you off home.
Dates & Cost
The given dates and cost is basically for both individual and group who wants to join the group or privately reserve a trip as per the favorable day and time given below. However, we organize trips all through the year to which anyone who would personally like to customize your trip in accordance with your time convenience feel free to write to us. We are available 24/7 at your service.
|Trip Start Date||Trip End Date||Price||Status|
|04/14/2018||01/24/2018||US$ 900||Book Now|
✅ National park entry fees, conservation fees, trekking permit, TIMS permit.
✅ Airport pickups and drops facility on both Domestic and International flights.
✅ Three star twin bed sharing hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara on Bed / Breakfast basis.
✅ Welcome dinner in a typical traditional Nepali restaurant.
✅ Half day guided city sightseeing with paid entrance fee.
✅ All Government and Local tax.
✅ Domestic flights as per the itinerary.
✅ Fundamental trekking gears like sleeping bag, down jacket fleece liner etc.
✅ All Ground transportation to and from preferred destination as per the itinerary.
✅ Tea-house accommodation or tented camp as per the trek.
✅ Properly boiled hot water for drinking every evening and morning.
✅ staff insurance.
✅ Meals (Lunch, dinner, breakfast with hot beverages) during trek.
✅ An accomplished trekking Group Leader and assistant guides.
✅ Oxygen cylinders and an all-inclusive medical kit on all trips.
✅ Take away Nepal Pyramids duffel bag, T-shirt and trekking Map.
✅ Porter service.
✅ Porters’ Clothing.
❌ Fee levied on Nepali visa.
❌ All personal expenses including Food while in Kathmandu/Pokhara.
❌ International flight fares.
❌ Medical examination or emergency rescues.
❌ Staff Tipping.
❌ Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu on early arrival.
❌ Travel or medical insurance.
❌ Optional tours and sightseeing or any activities during free time.
❌ Other personal expenses – laundry, battery charges, shower etc.