LOBUCHE EAST EXPEDITION
• Trekking Days: 16 Days.
• Kathmandu Stay: 04 Days.
• Departure Day: 01 Day.
“It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves” – Edmund Hillary
Everest, the land of the Sherpas’, surrounded by the peaceful humankind of Tibetan Buddhism is sensational. Enclosed by the Himalayas and filled with spectacular scenery, Everest certainly proves as an incredible experience not found elsewhere. Lobuche East Expedition is After the completion of adventurous trek to Everest base camp (5,360 m/17,585 ft) and Kalapathar (5,545 m/18,192 ft), we head back to the village of Lobuche for lunch and enter into a different but exquisite valley towards Lobuche base camp (4,950 m/16,240 ft). Here the cook is accountable for all the diverse meals and are broadly trained in hygiene, meal variety and presentation. They are masters at preparing selections of food under less than ideal condition.
Our accomplished climbing Sherpa will conduct a clinical course on required climbing skills and safety measures. Lobuche Peak (6,119 m/20,0,70 ft) has always served as a preparation arena for mountaineers before scaling any high peaks. Lobuche East Expedition offers anyone with exhilarating climbing experience with its challenges and breathtaking views from the summit. Our itinerary is so designed that we have enough time for healthier adaptation to the thin air environment that exists in Everest region and could eventually guarantee everyone a safe passage to where we are going.
To make your peak-climbing trouble-free we resource you with the entire facility of issuing permits, organizing equipment’s to finding reliable climbing Sherpas’. Worrying is out of question since we are here to craft your dream of climbing experience.
Why extra night in Kathmandu???
After the trip, travelers have one additional leisure day in Kathmandu, the living heritage city. This in reality is a contingency day in case of Lukla – Kathmandu flight cancellation under certain circumstances. This certainly gives anyone more of a chance to explore Kathmandu, the capital, ‘The Shining Pearl of Asia’ with its beautiful temples, monuments and time honored legends and history. The city undeniably has so much to offer anyone with thrilling tour experience. Nepal Pyramids will always be there to assist you with your city exploration.
- DAY 01: Arrive to Kathmandu (1400 m/4593 ft)
- DAY 02: Half day city tour/ afternoon trek briefing and preparation / welcome dinner.
- DAY 03: Fly to Lukla (2840 m/9317 ft) and trek to Phakding (2610 m/8562 ft)
- DAY 04: Trek to Namche (3450 m/11,318 ft) 6 -7 hours
- DAY 05: Acclimatization day at Namche /morning excursion.
- DAY 06: Trek to Khumjung (3780 m/12,401 ft) 3 hours
- DAY 07: Trek to Phortse (3810 m/12,500 ft) 6 - 7 hours
- DAY 08: Trek to Dingbuche (4350 m/14271 ft) 7 - 8 hous
- DAY 09: Acclimatization day at Dingbuche, morning excursion.
- DAY 10: Trek to Lobuche (4910 m/16,108 ft) 5 hours
- DAY 11: Trek to Gorakshep (5189 m/17,024 ft) trek to Everest base camp.
- DAY 12: Morning excursion to Kalapathar (5545 m/18,192 ft) and trek to Lobuche base camp (4,950 m/15,059 ft)
- DAY 13: 3 hours walk to High Camp (5,400 m/17,712 ft) with climbing clinical course
- DAY 14: Summit Lobuche East (6,119 m/20,070 ft) back to base camp
- DAY 15: Contingency / extra day in case of bad weather or other circumstances.
- DAY 16: Trek to Pangbuche (3,930 m/12,893 ft)
- DAY 17: Trek to Namche
- DAY 18: Trek to Lukla
- DAY 19: Fly to Kathmandu
- DAY 20: Contingency day in Kathmandu in case of flight cancellation.
- DAY 21: Departure day
The above itinerary is simply a guideline and is subject to alteration as per the circumstances. Your group leader is solely liable to bring about changes in the best interest of the group.
Flight Delay/Cancellation in Kathmandu and Lukla:
The unpredictability of Flights flying to and from Lukla airport, the gateway to Mount Everest and the world’s most electrifying airport is pretty evident from its history of delays and cancellation. Diverse factors leads to the situation of cancellation including the weather, technical issues, poor visibility etc. In such conditions, Nepal Pyramids will charter a helicopter to make certain that you don’t miss your trip or your international flight. But again under these circumstances the possibility of flying helicopter depends on the Nepal Civil Aviation flying rules.
Travelers are to pay the cost of the chartered helicopter which is payable through cash, traveler’s cheques, or credit cards (Visa and Master Cards only). Travelers will be provided with receipt upon payment so that they may claim the amount from their travel insurance. The cost per person is governed by the number of people taking this facility.
Is Lobuche East Expedition difficult? Who can join?
Little homework is must.
What if we couldn’t summit under any weather condition?
Is Lukla airport dangerous to fly in? what is the situation like?
Though listed as a Dangerous Airport in the world the pleasure of flying to Lukla is an experience of a lifetime which is not to be missed.
In fact what’s the point of living a life in fear?
Is there any alternative to flying in Lukla?
Food and Accommodation?
At Lobuche base camp our cook are expert in preparing variety of food under less than ideal condition.
They are the master chef who out of glacier water, pre packed food and frozen vegetables can come up with astonishing delightful food items.
The recipe is concealed.
Drinking Water arrangements?
Unlimited hot water supply at Lobuche base camp though not for hot shower.
Why choose Local Company for Lobuche East Climbing?
What equipment’s Nepal Pyramids provide?
To make it hassle free and less expensive we provide all the climbing gears that includes two member sharing tent, ropes, boots, crampons, ice-axe etc.
HOT BAGS AT ISLAND PEAK BASE CAMP DURING NIGHT TIME.
Can I customize Lobuche Expedition?
Do I need climbing experience for Lobuche East?
Do I need to have travel Insurance?
How do you handle Altitude Sickness?
What are the average hours walking per day?
What if I am very slow in the group?
While climbing Lobuche East everyone will be very well looked after by your Leader and Climbing Sherpa so that not a soul have to stress about finishing the line. In no way people lose their charm of free strolling, everyone reserves the right to take his/her time and maintain their own pace.
What is the communication facility?
Whereas at Lobuche Base camp or High Camp we provide satellite phone to make calls during emergency though not for making any personal call.
What permits are required for Lobuche East climbing?
⭐ Flying into a small mountain airstrip of Lukla at the elevation of 2840 m in a small plane is very daring and startling.
⭐ Walking on the legendary trekking trail through the Sherpa village with its exceptional culture is way stunning than anything.
⭐ Visit to the Khmujung Monastery and witnessing the Scalp of mythical creature [Yeti] will surely add up to your legendary quest.
⭐ The close view of the magnificent mountain, extensive green hills, the Tibetan-Buddhist culture and to witness the territory of the yaks from the very first day is charismatic.
⭐ View of world’s highest peak and its neighboring mountains and spectacular landscapes that get closer everyday eventually makes you appreciate about trekking being an ultimate holiday.
⭐ Trek to Lobuche Base Camp is a different experience that offers you a handsome opportunity to walk through the outstanding valley.
⭐ The exciting moment of meeting up with your camping crew including the Chef and the climbing Sherpa.
⭐ Camping food is what anyone would need at this situation.
⭐ Mid night wake-up call and eventually summiting Lobuche peak with exquisite scenic beauty is a great accomplishment of a lifetime.
⭐ Finally we bid farewell to the majestic Lobuche peak and our camping crew and trace back to Lukla and flying in a small twin-otter plane back to Kathmandu is breathtaking leaving you with so much contentment and appreciation.
“It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves” – Edmund Hillary
DAY 1: KATHMANDU, THE CAPITAL CITY (1400 m/4,593 ft)
Soon you land in Kathmandu airport your group leader will be there with Nepal Pyramids board to greet you and transfer you to the hotel. Despite, the capital city of Nepal certainly being the busiest with hectic traffic it undoubtedly has a strong appeal with local splendor and vigorous activities around, where you can simply relax and take pleasure in the fun of driving through the unfamiliar roads.
• Pick up from the international airport.
• Transfer to hotel by your Group Leader.
• Short preliminary briefing.
• Arriving early gives you an opportunity to explore Kathmandu.
• Welcome dinner and getting to know each other.
DAY 2: IN KATHMANDU
Today would be the most exhilarating day where your leader introduces you to our city tour expert who guides you to the most pious Hindu and Buddhist religious place that are listed in the world heritage sites and elucidates you the entire mysticism over its existence.
• Breakfast depending on your choice and preference.
• Meet-up at 9 am for the tour.
• Visit to Boudhanath Stupa and Pashupatinath.
• Lunch on your preference.
• Getting together for trek briefing as per the time given by your leader.
• Distribution of company’s trek equipment’s.
DAY 03: FLIGHT TO LUKLA (2,800 m / 9,186 ft) TREK TO PHAKDING (2600m/8530ft) 3/4hrs
This 3/4 hours easy walk on the legendary trekking trail through the cultured Sherpa villages with its exceptional beauty and the view of stunning landscape, deep valley and Dudh Koshi gorge is unique.
• Flying in a twin-otter plane to a small Lukla airport at the elevation of 2840 m
• Beautiful walk through the series of stunning native settlement
• Phenomenal sight of profound gorges, ancient farming terraces and the scenic beauty at the backdrop is something special on the very first day.
• Overnight stay at stunning Phakding, fabulous dinner and briefing by your leader along with number of fascinating stories.
DAY 04 - 05: TREK TO NAMCHE BAZAAR (3,450 m / 11,318 ft) 7 hrs. ACCLIMATIZATION DAY
Today we will start early for Namche Bazaar, the capital and the Administrative Center of the Khumbu district. It’s more of a luxurious city in the middle of no way in the midst of remoteness and thin air. Despite long hours walk it’s far more than just trekking. Give time to adapt your body with thin air. It’s not a matter about proving your physical strength, its more about taking pleasure with steady ascend.
• Wake up call as set by your leader
• 3 hours gentle walk through series of pleasant villages to the last settlement of Jorsale for lunch
• Crossing of 5 high suspension bridges is daring.
• The scenic beauty, deep gorges of soaring cliffs at the backdrop is phenomenal.
• Being at Namche, the dream land is remarkable which is worth an effort.
• 1 and ½ hours amazing walk for acclimatization.
• Walk to Syangbuche, one of the enchanting place in the region with the world’s highest airstrip.
• The close view of the magnificent mountain, extensive green hills, the Tibetan Buddhist culture and to witness the territory of the yaks is charismatic
• The first view of the world’s highest mountain (Mt. Everest)
DAY 06: TREK TO KHUMJUNG (3,780 m / 12,401 ft) 3 hrs.
Short and relaxing walk to the “Valley inside the Clouds”, Khumjung, situated at the base of the holy mountain, Khumbiyela is exceptionally sensational. Khumjung, the green hidden valley is indeed very enchanting with its extent making it one of the largest settlement in the region and with all the green painted roofs giving it more of a peaceful appearance.
• 2 and ½ hours easy walk
• Visit to yak farm, school built by Edmund Hillary and the Khumjung monastery to witness the scalp of the yeti is another legendary quest.
• Free afternoon for self-exploration around the village of Khumjung.
DAY 07: TREK TO PHORTSE (3,810 m / 12,500 ft) 6 hrs.
We skip the overcrowded traditional trial and explore the lower section of Gokyo valley with the most amazing setting.
• Fabulous walk to the ridge of Mong-La with stunning mountain views.
• Deep drop to the Gokyo gorge for lunch with chances to see musk deer
• Unlike many other settlement the terraced village of Phortse is special of its kind
DAY 08-09: TREK TO DINGBUCHE (4,360 m / 14,304 ft) 7 - 8 hrs / ACCLIMATIZATION DAY
Leaving Phortse we take the high trail, considered to be one of the most beautiful trails with outstanding view of enormous mountain and deep valley. Dingbuche, situated at the foot of soaring Amadablam Mountain is another attraction.
• Beautiful walk with the most beautiful view
• Chances to witness the musk deer, mountain goat and different birds
• Effortless walk to Pangbuche and fabulous lunch at Somare village
• Next painless walk to Dingbuche where the valley opens wide with its magnificence.
• View of countless other neighboring mountains that now opens clear.
• Morning excursion for acclimatization after breakfast
• 360 degree mountain view including Island Peak and Makalu ( world’s 5th highest mountain)
• From the point of excursion, aerial view of Imja valley and Dingbuche village.
• Free afternoon for self-exploration.
DAY 10: TREK TO LOBUCHE (4,910 m / 16,108 ft) 4-5 hrs.
Away from the tree line area, gradual ascent is recommended. Today is another beautiful walk where mountains like Cholatse, Lobuche and Pumari unfolds before us in this contrasting and spectacular landscape
• Gradual up walk in the wide Himalayan meadow is peaceful
• Walking up to the memorial plateau with hundreds of memorial built after the memory of people who met with tragedy in different mountains of Everest is remarkable.
• Getting to Lobuche a small settlement at the foot of Lobuche peak is significant.
DAY 11: TREK TO GORAK SHEP (5,288 m /17,349 ft) 3 hrs / TREK TO EVEREST BASE CAMP (5,360 m/17,585 ft) 5 hrs
Leaving Lobuche this 3 hours walk to Gorak Shep is out of the ordinary through the rocky moraine undulating trail. Gorak Shep, the spectacular village is surround by Pumari (7145 m), Lingtren (6697 m), Nuptse (7745 m) and of course Everest (8848 m).
• Spectacular view of the khumbu ice fall with soaring mountain
• Trek to fascinating Everest base camp after lunch
• View of the base camp and the blue ice pinnacles of the ice-fall is astonishing
• Challenging but very rewarding walk to the fro from the base camp
DAY 12: MORNING WALK TO KALAPATTHAR (5,545 m /18,192 ft) 4 hrs AND TREK TO LOBUCHE BASE CAMP (4,950 m/15,059 ft)
Now is the time for epic climb to Kalapathar, the point to value your dream and the sensational Himalayan vistas all around. The climb is challenging but the view from the top surpasses the wildest imagination. After making historic success to Everest Base Camp and Kalapattar, we will descend Lobuche and walk a different enchanting valley towards Lobuch Base Camp.
• Phenomenal sunrise view
• A very rewarding moment being at 5545 m with exceptional panoramic mountain view.
• Overnight at Lobuch Base camp, which is way tranquil being away from the maddening crowd.
DAY 13: 3 Hrs WALK TO HIGH CAMP (5,400 m/17,712 ft) / CLIMBING CLINICAL COURSE.
Later after breakfast we gear up to head out for the High Camp. And once we get to the high camp we get all set for our clinical course, a pre-climbing training that will be conducted by our professional climbing guide. The course basically includes the proper use of equipment’s, safety measures etc. Early dinner as you will be starting around midnight for the summit.
• Waking up in an isolated High camp is remarkable.
• Fun time with all the climbing techniques and clinical course conducted by your climbing leader.
• Free afternoon for next days preparaton
• Early dinner as the wake-up call is set around midnight for the summit.
DAY 14: SUMMIT LOBUCHE EAST (6,119 m/20,070 ft) AND BACK TO BASE CAMP.
Everyone will be waking up at midnight and soon after we are done with our quick breakfast we set out into the darkness into the unfamiliar path with our headlamps. It’s very marvelous as you would be literally overlooking the Khumbu valley right below you to see the line of lights following the mountain trail that goes high up into the. We ascend with very gradual pace through the vertical rocky gully that eventually lands us into the Crampon Point where we fix our climbing equipment’s and set off into the icy trail with crevasses for the summit.
• Waking up early and walking in darkness following the lights is very adventurous.
• Challenging walk into the rocky gullies with no established trail is daring.
• Going over few open Crevasses is something very exciting.
• In the summit, great sense of accomplishment with grandiose unbelievable panoramic view.
• Celebration with cake prepared by our cook out of limited or no resources after your return.
DAY 15: CONTINGENCY DAY / EXTRA DAY IN CASE OF BAD WEATHER OR ANY OTHER CIRCUMSTANCES.
This is a contingency day for Lobuche East Peak in case of cancellation out of any circumstances particularly bad weather.
DAY 16: TREK TO PANGBUCHE (3,930 m/12,893 ft)
We head back down to the most beautiful settlement of Pangboche. Today we follow the different trail once again that will eventually takes us to the tree line area away from the harsh chill and thin air.
DAY 17: TREK TO NAMCHE 6 hrs.
Walking into the different valley of Khumbu we get to Tyengbuche. It’s pretty wonderful looking back on our effort to Everest base camp from the Tyengbuche ridge. Walk to Namche on a fresh route makes anyone cheerful of their accomplishment.
• Effortless walk to Tyengbuche monastery, the most active monastery in the Everest region.
• Visit to the monastery and lighting the butter lamp is an incredible experience
• Witness the untold history and the activities of Tyengbuche
• Give yourself a break at Namche either with drinks or buying souvenirs.
DAY 18: TREK TO LUKLA
Being it a last night fun activities follows with dancing, eating, drinking and tipping.
DAY 19 - 20: FLY TO KATHMANDU AND CONTINGENCY DAY
Sensational flight back to the capital city of Kathmandu. You have a contingency day in Kathmandu in case of Lukla-Kathmandu flight cancellation which can be appropriately exploited exploring around the city that has so much to offer.
• Morning flight to Kathmandu
• Explore the Capital City of Kathmandu as per your requirements.
DAY 21: DEPARTURE DAY
Depending on your flight schedule airport transportation will be provided. Your leader will be there to send you off home.
Dates & Cost
|Trip Start Date||Trip End Date||Price||Status|
|US$ 2800||Book Now|
✅ National park entry fees, conservation fees, trekking permit, TIMS permit.
✅ Lobuche peak expedition permit.
✅ Airport pickups and drops facility on both Domestic and International flights.
✅ Three star twin bed sharing hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu on Bed / Breakfast basis.
✅ Half day guided city sightseeing with paid entrance fee.
✅ All Government and Local tax.
✅ Domestic flights as per the itinerary.
✅ Fundamental trekking gears like sleeping bag, down jacket fleece liner etc.
✅ Tea-house accommodation or tented camp as per the trek.
✅ Properly boiled hot water for drinking every evening and morning.
✅ Meals (Lunch, dinner, breakfast with hot beverages) during trek.
✅ Two member Tent facility and Kitchen crew at Lobuche Peak base camp with hot meals.
✅ An accomplished trekking Group Leader and assistant guides.
✅ An accomplished climbing guide.
✅ Staff insurance.
✅ All climbing equipment’s including climbing boots.
✅ Oxygen cylinders and an all-inclusive medical kit on all trips.
✅ Take away Nepal Pyramids duffel bag, T-shirt and trekking Map.
✅ Porter service.
✅ Porters’ Clothing.
❌ Fee levied on Nepali visa.
❌ All personal expenses including Food while in Kathmandu.
❌ International flight fares.
❌ Medical examination or emergency rescues.
❌ Staff Tipping.
❌ Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu on early arrival.
❌ Travel or medical insurance.
❌ Optional tours and sightseeing or any activities during free time.
❌ Other personal expenses – laundry, battery charges, shower etc.