LANGTANG HERITAGE TREK
• Trekking Days: 12 Days.
• Kathmandu Stay: 03 Days.
• Departure Day: 01 Day.
“Walking: the most ancient exercise and still the best modern exercise.”
“Langtang valley, the closest trekking destination to Kathmandu is the site of largest single catastrophe of 2015 earthquake that got immeasurably wrecked. Witness the transformation over this fascinating Langtang after 2015 earthquake”.
Legend speaks that the valley of Langtang was discovered by a Lama (Buddhist Monk) while he was looking for his runaway yak. However, after this incident the monk named the valley as Langtang where Lang means ‘yak’ and tang means ‘follow’. Established in 1976 as the first Himalayan National Park, Langtang lies directly to the north of Kathmandu. It opens before us with extravagant landscape, soaring mountains and deep gorges. The Langtang Heritage Trek takes you to the exquisiteness of the mountainous region and its people, popularly known as the Tamangs. Similarly, they have their distinctive Himalayan life style and beautiful Tibetan Buddhism culture which is exceptionally unique.
Regardless of being reasonably less visited area, trekking here is pleasing, with untouched valleys and abundant flora and fauna. Trekking through this region is beyond belief and considered one of the most beautiful valley. In reality Langtang Heritage trek is ‘a journey of a lifetime’.
Langtang Heritage Trek gives you the real trekking experience with its basic facility, unaffected culture, sensational views and beautiful people. However, the trek starts off with a delightful drive over an undulating roadway that swings along with an altitude variation. Getting to Syabru Besi, a beautiful small town situated close to Langtang River (Bhote Koshi) is truly very stirring. Additionally, this river has its legends in connection with the holy GOSAIKUNDA LAKE. Next morning our trail pleasantly cruises over the ancient farming terraces and climbs up to the ridge with a spectacular view of Ganesh Himal range. Overnight in Ghatlang is thrilling. This primeval village popularly known as “Black Village” is interestingly incredible with its traditional setting. Overnight stay in Ghatlang gives you ample understanding of the fabulously retained ancient Tamang culture.
Join Nepal Pyramids for Langtang Heritage Trek and feel the difference.
- DAY 01: Arrive in Kathmandu (1,400 m/4,593 ft)
- DAY 02: Half day city tour / afternoon trek briefing and preparation / welcome dinner.
- DAY 03: Drive to Syabru Besi (1,460 m/4,790 ft) 8 - 9 hours
- DAY 04: Trek to Gatlang (2,238 m/7,342 ft) 5 hours
- DAY 05: Trek to Tatopani (2,607 m/8,553 ft) 5 - 6 hours
- DAY 06: Trek to Thuman (2,338 m/7,670 ft) 5 - 6 hours
- DAY 07: Trek to Timure (1,762 m/5,780 ft) 4 hours
- DAY 08: Trek to Khangjim (2,235 m/7,332 ft) 5 - 6 hours
- DAY 09: Trek to Lama Hotel (2,410 m/7,906 ft) 5 - 6 hours
- DAY 10: Trek to Langtang (3,430 m/11,253 ft) 6 - 7 hours
- DAY 11: Trek to Kyanjin Gompa (3,830 m/12,565 ft) 4 hours
- DAY 12: Rest day at Kyanjin Gompa and morning excursion to Kyangjin Ri (4,770 m/15,649 ft).
- DAY 13: Trek to Lama Hotel (2,410 m/7,906 ft) 7 - 8 hours
- DAY 14: Trek to Syabru Besi (1,460 m/4,790 ft) 5 - 6 hours
- DAY 15: Drive to Kathmandu
- DAY 16: transportation to International airport.
The above itinerary is simply a guideline and is subject to alteration as per the circumstances. Your Group Leader is solely liable to bring about changes in the best interest of the group.
Is Langtang Heritage trek difficult?
What is the transportation facility like?
What is Tea house trekking?
what is the effect of 2015 Earthquake like in Langtang?
What to expect regarding Food and Accommodation?
What physical requirement is necessary?
Is it feasible to trek during winter?
what equipment's does Nepal Pyramids provide?
Can we customize the Langtang Heritage trek?
Drinking water arrangements?
how to you handle slow walking people?
Do I need to have travel insurance?
what about charging batteries, hot-shower and Wi-Fi facility?
Over trivial cost all tea houses provide you with super-hot showers, if not hot-bucket shower is always available.
Not all but most lodges provide you with Wi-Fi over some charges but not always reliable.
⭐ The trail takes you through the remote, untouched and time-honored Tamang settlements with diverse terrains, picturesque view of high summits including Ganesh Himal and Langtang Lirung (7227 m).
⭐ To be in the traditional village of Syabru Besi and Ghatlang (the black village) is overwhelming.
⭐ Opportunity to bath in the natural Hot Spring at Tatopani is exclusively new adventurous experience.
⭐ Walk around the Rasuwagadi, the border between Nepal and China gives you the history of Nepal-Tibet relationship.
⭐ This Epic trek to Tamang Heritage trail and cultured villages is an exceptional opportunity for both trekkers and nature lovers that offer anyone with thrilling wilderness, exquisite local architecture, ancient monasteries and extraordinary way of local life.
⭐ To value more of local society of this astonishing region one can always take pleasure in experiencing the excitement of home-stay in few of the Tamang villages.
“If you seek creative ideas go walking”
Langtang valley, the closest trekking destination to Kathmandu is the site of largest single catastrophe of 2015 earthquake that got immeasurably wrecked. Witness the transformation over this fascinating Langtang after 2015 earthquake.
DAY 01: IN KATHMANDU (1,400 m/4,593 ft)
Soon you land in Kathmandu airport your group leader will be there to greet you and transfer you to the hotel. Despite, the capital city of Nepal certainly being the busiest with hectic traffic it undoubtedly has a strong appeal with local splendor and vigorous activities around, where you can simply relax and take pleasure in the fun of driving through the unfamiliar roads.
• Pick up from the international airport.
• Transfer to hotel by your Group Leader.
• Short preliminary briefing.
• Arriving early gives you an opportunity to explore Kathmandu.
• Welcome dinner and getting to know each other.
DAY 02: IN THE CAPITAL
Today would be the most exhilarating day where your leader introduces you to our city tour expert who guides you to the most pious Hindu and Buddhist religious place that are listed in the world heritage sites and elucidates you the entire mysticism over its existence.
• Breakfast depending on your choice and preference.
• Meet-up at 9 am for the tour.
• Visit to Boudhanath Stupa and Pashupatinath.
• Lunch on your preference.
• Getting together for trek briefing as per the time given by your leader.
• Distribution of company’s trek equipment’s.
DAY 03: DRIVE TO SYABRU BESI (1,460 m/4,790 ft) 7 – 8 hrs.
120 km / 74 miles drive to Syabru Besi in a private jeep is a thrilling experience and very entertaining giving you ample opportunity to know how locals live up to drive through these winding roads in local bus which are often enormously packed. We enter into the territory of peace loving ethnicity of Tamangs.
• Early wake up call to skip any uncertainty of traffic jam, 7/8 hours’ drive.
• Fabulous scenery while cruising through this sensational slender road.
• A very relaxing multiple breaks gives you time to stretch and enjoy.
• We enter into a different district of Nuwakot and Lunch stop at beautiful Trishuli Bazaar.
• Being in Syabru Basi, a small town unlike Kathmandu will definitely add more excitement to your anticipation.
DAY 04: TREK TO GATLANG (2,238 m/7,342 ft) 5 – 6 hrs.
Today we hit the trail with an interesting steep switchback of 500 m accent to the small settlement of Bahundanda at 1919 m. Effortless walk to the village of Chauwatter for lunch with glorious view of mountains and deep gorge valleys is genuinely adventurous. Next 2 hours walk will ultimately takes us to the village of Ghatlang, a very primitive style village also very popularly known as “Black Village”.
• Unbelievable hike through the terraced field.
• Grand view of Goljung village and Chilime Hydropower water reservoir.
• Lunch at Chauwatter village is another attraction.
• View of Ganesh Himal and Langtang range is electrifying.
• Overnight stay at primitive village of Ghatlang is a bewitching experience.
• Small excursion around the primitive village is very sensational.
DAY 05: TREK TO TATOPANI (2,607 m/8,553 ft) 5 – 6 hrs
Today we descend down through the ancient trail with series of longstanding Mani (prayer) wall that guides us to the main trail of Chilime Hydro project. After the suspension bridge we climb to the settlement of Gonggang at 2227 m for lunch. Next 2 hour hike takes us to Tatopani (Hot water) that used to have natural hot spring with pools for relaxation. But the 2015 earthquake have dried up the source of natural hot spring which now is more of a deserted place to stay overnight.
• After breakfast today’s walk is delightful with series of small settlements and Mani walls.
• Landscape views are stunning.
• Typically organic lunch at Gonggang is quite an experience.
• Grand view of Chubur himal
• Dip at natural hot spring may not be possible but chilling out with a good book or a chilled beer is recommended.
NOTE: hot spring may be under renovation after the 2015 earthquake.
DAY 06: TREK TO THUMAN (2,338 m/7,670 ft) 5 – 6 hrs.
After the soothing overnight stay at Tatopani we walk an undulating trail that guides us to a very typical stone built village of Brimdang at 2800m. With an outstanding view of Ganesh himal we climb to Nagthali for lunch, a meditation Center with the most beautiful natural setting and spectacular views of mountains. After lunch we descend through the forested trail to the stone village of Thuman.
• Incredible hike through the dramatic forest setup.
• Nagthali for lunch with mesmerizing views of Langtang, Sanjen, Kerung and Ganesh Himal, it’s worth a break.
• Walking down to Thuman through woodland trail is electrifying.
• Overnight stay, marvelous dinner and chill out.
• Briefing by your leader and entertaining activities.
DAY 07: TREK TO TIMURE (1,762 m/5,780 ft) 4 hrs
2 and ½ hour steep descend down to the Bhote Koshi Gorge (Tibetan river) that flows into Nepal through the Tibetan plateau is something remarkable. After we cross the suspension bridge we walk up to the main highway that connects the Tibetan border. Another 30 min walk will land us to the settlement of Timure.
• Breakfast and steep descent down to Bhote Koshi Gorge.
• Despite no mountain view Timure is admired for its mix culture and its time honored farming terraces.
• Lunch at Timure and afternoon excursion to the border point, Rasuwagadi.
• Know the war and trade history between Nepal and Tibet.
DAY 08; TREK TO KHANGJIM (2,235 m/7,332 ft) 5hrs
Soon after breakfast we set off walking to the other side of the valley separated by the river Bhote Koshi (Tibetan River). Leaving the highway we ascend to the village of Pelku with an impressive view of terraced farm-fields and Lingling village. After lunch the undulating trail takes us to the Tibetan cultured stone built village of Briddim. Next hour of effortless trail takes us to beautiful settlement of Khangjim.
• Appealing walk to the other side of the valley.
• Looking back you can see Thuman and the deep gorge we walked the other day.
• Dramatic sight of the ancient farming terraces and deep valleys.
• Lunch at view point restaurant with organic food.
• Overnight at traditional basic settlement of Khangjim.
DAY 09: TREK TO LAMA HOTEL (2,410 m/7,906 ft) 5hrs
The trail ascends for about an hour till we get to the ridge line with a great view. Another 2 hours undulating walk guides us to yet another beautiful Tamang village of Sherpagaon at 2563 m where we will have lunch. Leaving Sherpagaon we climb the initial 25 minutes and the gradual downhill walk will eventually takes us to the village Rimche. Additional 25 minutes takes us to Lama hotel, a small village fenced by lush green forests is located at the banks of the wild Langtang river.
• Incredible hike with awesome landscape setting.
• Lunch break at Sherpagaon is worth it.
• Walking to Lama hotel through woodland is electrifying.
• Overnight stay, despite the basic accommodation marvelous dinner and chill out follows.
DAY 10: TREK TO LANGTANG (3,330 m/10,925 ft) 6hrs.
Leaving Lama hotel we set off into the woodland trail of rhododendron, pine and maple. This 3 hours gradual up walk to the village of Ghodatabla into the lush forest is electrifying with so much floras to see and may encounter few wildlife. After lunch gradually we leave the tree-line area and get into the alpine with the grand view of Langtang Lirung 7227 m. Eventually walking into the wider version of the Himalayan trail we get to Langtang village which was utterly ravaged by the 2015 earthquake taking countless innocent lives.
NOTE: after the 2015 devastating earthquake the village of Langtang is under restoration since the village was of single mass catastrophe. A change in overnight stay is possible.
• Incredible hike through the dramatic forest setup.
• Being in the shade away from harsh days sun is soothing.
• Lunch at Ghodatabla is another attrachtion.
• Getting into alpine leaving the tree line is adventurous.
• Numerous prayer wheels, prayer flags, chortens, and prayer walls gives you the Tibetan Buddhism understanding.
DAY 11: TREK TO KYANJIN GOMPA (3,730 m/12,237 ft) 4hrs
Leaving Langtang we set off into the wide Himalayan meadow where the valley opens further before us with an outstanding view of snow-capped mountains surrounding us. Today’s short walk through several small streams with multiple small bridges and boulder tail guides us to dramatic settlement of Kyangjin Gompa.
• Unbelievable hike into the Himalayan meadow with remarkable view.
• Thrilling experience being into the thin air.
• View of Langtang Ri (6370 m.) and Langtang Lirung (7245 m.)and other neighboring peaks.
• Being at dramatic setting of Kyangjin Gompa is incredible.
• Lunch and free afternoon for self-exploration.
DAY 12: REST DAY AT KYANJIN GOMPA AND MORNING EXCURSION TO KYANGJIN RI.
Early wake up call for morning excursion to Kyangjin Ri 4300 m for the sunrise view along with spectacular panoramic mountain view. We head back down to lodge for breakfast and explore the area that includes the ancient monastery and the Cheese factory. After lunch we hike to the glacier of Langtang Lirung.
• Fabulous sunrise from Kyangjin Ri.
• Ample opportunity for photography with majestic surrounding mountains at the backdrop.
• Visit the monastery and the cheese factory with its history.
• Explore to Langtang Lirung glacier is another attraction.
• Free afternoon for fun activities.
DAY 13: TREK BACK TO LAMA HOTEL (2,410 m/7,906 ft) 5 hrs
From Kyangjin we retrace our trail back to Lama hotel through the same lush forest trail following the Langtang river. Via Langtang village and Ghoda Tabela we descend all the way passing through several prayer walls and traditional Tamang village we get to Lama hotel.
DAY 14: TREK TO SYABRU BESI (1,460 m/4,790 ft)
After breakfast we descend the steep trail through woodland following the Langtang River to the beautiful settlement of Bamboo. Through the forest of bamboo and pine we further descend to several other traditional cultural Tamang settlements and eventually after crossing the suspension bridge we get to Syabru Besi, a beautiful town. It’s time to relish and recall.
• Being it a last night fun activities follows with dancing, eating, drinking and tipping.
DAY 15: MORNING DRIVE TO KATHMANDU.
After breakfast we drive back to the capital city of Kathmandu with yet another pleasant view of beautiful landscape, mountains, ancient farming terraces, villages and gorges. We retrace our route with lunch at convenient point. Back to civilization.
Day 16: DEPARTURE DAY
Depending on your flight schedule airport transportation will be provided. Your leader will be there to send you off home.
Dates & Cost
|Trip Start Date||Trip End Date||Price||Status|
|US$ 1300||Book Now|
✅ National park entry fees, conservation fees, trekking permit, TIMS permit.
✅ Airport pickups and drops facility on both Domestic and International flights.
✅ Three star twin bed sharing hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu on Bed / Breakfast basis.
✅ Welcome dinner in a typical traditional Nepali restaurant.
✅ Half day guided city sightseeing with paid entrance fee.
✅ All Government and Local tax.
✅ Fundamental trekking gears like sleeping bag, down jacket fleece liner etc.
✅ All Ground transportation to and from preferred destination as per the itinerary.
✅ Tea-house accommodation or tented camp as per the trek.
✅ Properly boiled hot water for drinking every morning and evening.
✅ Meals (Lunch, dinner, breakfast with hot beverages) during trek.
✅ An accomplished trekking Group Leader and assistant guides.
✅ Oxygen cylinders and an all-inclusive medical kit on all trips.
✅ Take away Nepal Pyramids duffel bag, T-shirt and trekking Map.
✅ Local staff insurance.
✅ Porter service.
✅ Porters’ Clothing.
❌ Fee levied on Nepali visa.
❌ All personal expenses including Food while in Kathmandu.
❌ International flight fares.
❌ Medical examination or emergency rescues.
❌ Staff Tipping.
❌ Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu on early arrival.
❌ Travel or medical insurance.
❌ Optional tours and sightseeing or any activities during free time.
❌ Other personal expenses – laundry, battery charges, shower etc.