EVEREST BASE CAMP LUXURY LODGE TREK:
• Trekking Days: 13 Days.
• Kathmandu Stay: 04 Days.
• Departure Day: 01 Day.
“Only if you have been in the deepest valley, can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain”
After the breakthrough of the world’s highest mountain by Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay Sherpa in 1953 undeniably unlocked the human quest and curiosity for these secret valleys and majestic peaks which has lured so many to follow their footstep to its natural beauty.
Everest base camp luxury lodge trek is basically for those who fancy in experiencing extravagant Everest region in comfort. The trip offers stunning landscape and majestic mountains without going too extreme whilst keeping up with a homely comfort. This trip endows with the high standard Luxury accommodation. It features ‘twin sharing’ rooms with electricity, extra blankets beside company’s sleeping bag and en-suit bathrooms with western toilets. Itinerary will be designed so as to formulate the trekking challenging and very fascinating but not exhausting.
it’s a once in a life time opportunity that takes you to the breathtaking incomparable region of Everest. It is a world heritage site with awe-inspiring mountain views, picturesque landscapes and introduces you to the Tibetan Buddhist culture. Everest Base Camp (approx: 5,360 m / 17,585 ft) has always succeeded to lure every single mountain enthusiasts with its persuasive charm and elegance. Getting close to the first step to the world’s highest mountain and the spectacular Khumbu Ice-fall is simply phenomenal. During climbing season it is cherishing to observe the organized setting of the genuine expeditions which is absolutely exceptional. Everest base camp luxury lodge trek is one among the varied Everest Trekking destinations.
For Everest base camp luxury lodge trek we use Four to Five star hotel accommodation in Kathmandu on bed and breakfast basis. While on trek till Namche (3 Nights) we will be staying at luxury lodge of Yeti Mountain Home resorts. Meals are on full board, fixed and choice menu depending on the availability policy of the resort. It also largely governs by the number of guests present. However, further Namche for the next 6 nights we will be staying at best available Local lodges in the region with open menu. Furthermore, these Local Lodges unlike the yeti mountain home are on twin shared basis with shared washing and toilet facilities. Single supplement will be available depending on the availability on trivial additional charges.
- DAY 01: Arrive to Kathmandu (1,400 m/4,593 ft)
- DAY 02: Half day city tour/ afternoon trek briefing and preparation / welcome dinner.
- DAY 03: Fly to Lukla (2,840 m/9,317 ft) and trek to Phakding (2,610 m/8,562 ft) 3 - 4 hours
- DAY 04: Trek to Namche (3,450 m/11,318 ft) 8 - 7 hours
- DAY 05: Acclimatization day at Namche /morning excursion.
- DAY 06: Trek to Khumjung (3,780 m / 12,401 ft) 2 - 3 hours
- DAY 07: Trek to Debuche [3,820 m/12,53 ft ] 4 hours
- DAY 08: Trek to Dingbuche (4,350 m/14,271 ft) 4 - 5 hours
- DAY 09: Acclimatization day at Dingbuche, morning excursion.
- DAY 10: Trek to Lobuche (4,910 m/16,108 ft) 5 hours
- DAY 11: Trek to Gorakshep (5,189 m/17,024 ft) trek to Everest base camp.
- DAY 12: Morning excursion to Kalapathar (5,545 m/18,192 ft) and trek to Pheriche (4,240 m/13,910 ft)
- DAY 13: Trek to Namche (3,450 m/11,318 ft) 7 hours
- DAY 14: Trek to Phakding (2,610 m/8,562 ft) 4 - 5 hours
- DAY 15: Trek to Lukla (2,840 m/9,317 ft) 3 - 4 hours
- DAY 16: Fly back to Kathmandu - 35 minutes
- DAY 17: Contingency day in Kathmandu in case of flight cancellation.
- DAY 18: Departure day
The above itinerary is simply a guideline and is subject to alteration as per the circumstances. Your group leader is solely liable to bring about changes in the best interest of the group.
Flight Delay/Cancellation in Kathmandu and Lukla:
The unpredictability of Flights flying to and from Lukla airport, the gateway to Mount Everest and the world’s most electrifying airport is pretty evident from its history of delays and cancellation. Diverse factors leads to the situation of cancellation including the weather, technical issues, poor visibility etc. In such conditions, Nepal Pyramids will charter a helicopter to make certain that you don’t miss your trip or your international flight. But again under these circumstances the possibility of flying helicopter depends on the Nepal Civil Aviation flying rules.
Travelers are to pay the cost of the chartered helicopter which is payable through cash, traveler’s cheques, or credit cards (Visa and Master Cards only). Travelers will be provided with receipt upon payment so that they may claim the amount from their travel insurance. The cost per person is governed by the number of people taking this facility.
Why extra night in Kathmandu???
After the trip, travelers have one additional leisure day in Kathmandu, the living heritage city, which in reality is a contingency day in case of Lukla – Kathmandu flight cancellation under certain circumstances. This certainly gives anyone more of a chance to explore Kathmandu, the capital, ‘The Shining Pearl of Asia’ with its beautiful temples, monuments and time honored legends and history. The city undeniably has so much to offer anyone with thrilling tour experience. Nepal Pyramids will always be there to assist you with your city exploration.
⭐ Flying into the world’s most daring mountain airport of Lukla at the elevation of 2840m is more adventurous and astonishing.
⭐ Walking on the legendary trekking trail through the Sherpa village with its exceptional culture is way stunning than anything.
⭐ Getting to Namche Bazaar, the capital of Khumbu region through several suspension bridges is daring and adventurous.
⭐ Beautiful walk to the village of Khmujung, popularly known as the valley inside the clouds and visit to the Monastery to witness the Scalp of mythical creature [Yeti] will surely add up to your legendary quest.
⭐ The close view of the magnificent mountain, extensive green hills, the Tibetan-Buddhist culture and to witness the territory of the yaks from Khumjung and onwards is magnetic.
⭐ Walk to Dibuche through Tyengbuche monastery with its extravagant mountain views at 360 and the visit to the monastery is very soothing with the warmth of hundreds lit butter lamps and Buddhist monks chanting. Tyengbuche is not the oldest monastery but one of the very active where almost all trekkers and expedition climbers pay a visit to receive the blessing for safe trip.
⭐ View of world’s highest peak and its neighboring mountains and spectacular landscapes that get closer everyday eventually makes you appreciate about trekking being an ultimate holiday.
⭐ Being at the base of the world’s highest peak, Everest and getting to the summit of Kalapathar 5545 m/ 18192 ft is a great accomplishment.
⭐ Eventually walking back to Lukla with all the missed out views and wondering over your achievements gives anyone a great sense of contentment.
“Everest for me, and I believe for the world, is the physical and symbolic manifestation of overcoming odds to achieve a dream.” – Tom Whittaker
DAY 1: KATHMANDU, THE CAPITAL CITY (1,400 m/4,593 ft)
Soon you land in Kathmandu airport your group leader will be there with Nepal Pyramids board to greet you and transfer you to the hotel. Despite, the capital city of Nepal certainly being the busiest with hectic traffic it undoubtedly has a strong appeal with local splendor and vigorous activities around, where you can simply relax and take pleasure in the fun of driving through the unfamiliar roads.
• Pick up from the international airport.
• Transfer to hotel by your Group Leader.
• Short preliminary briefing.
• Arriving early gives you an opportunity to explore Kathmandu.
• Welcome dinner and getting to know each other.
DAY 2: IN KATHMANDU
Today would be the most exhilarating day where your leader introduces you to our city tour expert who guides you to the most pious Hindu and Buddhist religious place that are listed in the world heritage sites and elucidates you the entire mysticism over its existence.
• Breakfast depending on your choice and preference.
• Meet-up at 9 am for the tour.
• Visit to Boudhanath Stupa and Pashupatinath.
• Lunch on your preference.
• Getting together for trek briefing as per the time given by your leader.
• Distribution of company’s trek equipment’s.
DAY 03: FLIGHT TO LUKLA (2,800 m / 9,186 ft) TREK TO PHAKDING (2,600 m/8,530 ft) 3/4 hrs
This 3/4 hours easy walk on the legendary trekking trail through the cultured Sherpa villages with its exceptional beauty and the view of stunning landscape, deep valley and Dudh Koshi gorge is unique.
• Flying in a twin-otter plane to a small Lukla airport at the elevation of 2840 m
Beautiful walk through the series of stunning native settlement
• Phenomenal sight of profound gorges, ancient farming terraces and the scenic beauty at the backdrop is something special on the very first day.
• Overnight stay at stunning Phakding, fabulous dinner and briefing by your leader along with number of fascinating stories.
DAY 04 - 05: TREK TO NAMCHE BAZAAR (3,450 m / 11,318 ft) 7 hrs. ACCLIMATIZATION DAY
Today we will start early for Namche Bazaar, the capital and the Administrative Center of the Khumbu district. It’s more of a luxurious city in the middle of no way in the midst of remoteness and thin air. Despite long hours walk it’s far more than just trekking. Give time to adapt your body with thin air. It’s not a matter about proving your physical strength, its more about taking pleasure with steady ascend.
• Wake up call as set by your leader
• 3 hours gentle walk through series of pleasant villages to the last settlement of Jorsale for lunch
• Crossing of 5 high suspension bridges is daring.
• The scenic beauty, deep gorges of soaring cliffs at the backdrop is phenomenal.
• Being at Namche, the dream land is remarkable which is worth an effort.
• 1 and ½ hours amazing walk for acclimatization.
• Walk to Syangbuche, one of the enchanting place in the region with the world’s highest airstrip.
• The close view of the magnificent mountain, extensive green hills, the Tibetan Buddhist culture and to witness the territory of the yaks is charismatic
• The first view of the world’s highest mountain (Mt. Everest)
DAY 06: TREK TO KHUMJUNG (3,780 m / 12,401 ft) 3 hrs.
Short and relaxing walk to the “Valley inside the Clouds”, Khumjung, situated at the base of the holy mountain, Khumbiyela is exceptionally sensational. Khumjung, the green hidden valley is indeed very enchanting with its extent making it one of the largest settlement in the region and with all the green painted roofs giving it more of a peaceful appearance.
• 2 and ½ hours easy walk
• Visit to yak farm, school built by Edmund Hillary and the Khumjung monastery to witness the scalp of the yeti is another legendary quest.
• Free afternoon for self-exploration around the village of Khumjung.
DAY 07: TREK TO DEBUCHE [3,820 m/12,53 ft] 6/7 hrs.
Today we descend down to the village of Phunki Tenga 3250 m and ascend 600 m to the settlement of Tyengbuche monastery, one of the most active monastery in the region. After visiting the monastery we descend down to the village of Debuche.
• Deep drop to the Gokyo gorge with chances to see the musk deer.
• Fabulous walk to the ridge of Tyengbuche with stunning mountain views. Unlike many other settlement Tyengbuche is special of its kind
• Visit to the monastery and lighting the butter lamp is an incredible experience
• Witness the untold history and the activities of Tyengbuche
DAY 08-09: TREK TO DINGBUCHE (4,360 m / 14,304 ft) 5 - 6 hrs / ACCLIMATIZATION DAY
Leaving Phortse we take the high trail, considered to be one of the most beautiful trails with outstanding view of enormous mountain and deep valley. Dingbuche, situated at the foot of soaring Amadablam Mountain is another attraction.
• Beautiful walk with the most beautiful view
• Chances to witness the musk deer, mountain goat and different birds
• Effortless walk to Pangbuche and fabulous lunch at Somare village
• Next painless walk to Dingbuche where the valley opens wide with its magnificence.
• View of countless other neighboring mountains that now opens clear.
• Morning excursion for acclimatization after breakfast
• 360 degree mountain view including Island Peak and Makalu ( world’s 5th highest mountain)
• From the point of excursion, aerial view of Imja valley and Dingbuche village.
• Free afternoon for self-exploration.
DAY 10: TREK TO LOBUCHE (4,910 m / 16,108 ft) 4-5 hrs.
Away from the tree line area, gradual ascent is recommended. Today is another beautiful walk where mountains like Cholatse, Lobuche and Pumori unfolds before us in this contrasting and spectacular landscape
• Gradual up walk in the wide Himalayan meadow is peaceful
Walking up to the memorial plateau with hundreds of memorial built after the memory of people who met with tragedy in different mountains of Everest is remarkable.
Getting to Lobuche a small settlement at the foot of Lobuche peak is significant.
Day 11: TREK TO GORAK SHEP (5,288 m /17,349 ft) 3 hrs / TREK TO EVEREST BASE CAMP (5,360 m/17,585 ft) 5 hrs
Leaving Lobuche this 3 hours walk to Gorak Shep is out of the ordinary through the rocky moraine undulating trail. Gorak Shep, the spectacular village is surround by Pumari (7,145 m), Lingtren (6,697 m), Nuptse (7,745 m) and of course Everest (8,848 m).
• Spectacular view of the khumbu ice fall with soaring mountain
• Trek to fascinating Everest base camp after lunch
• View of the base camp and the blue ice pinnacles of the ice-fall is astonishing
• Challenging but very rewarding walk to the fro from the base camp
DAY 12: MORNING WALK TO KALAPATTHAR (5,545 m /18,192 ft) 4 hrs AND TREK TO PHERICHE (4,240 m/13,901 ft), 4 - 5 hrs
Now is the time for epic climb to Kalapathar, the point to value your dream and the sensational Himalayan vistas all around. The climb is challenging but the view from the top surpasses the wildest imagination. After making historic success to Everest Base Camp and Kalapattar, we will descend down to the settlement of Pheriche descending at least a 1000 m below.
• Phenomenal sunrise view
• A very rewarding moment being at 5545 m with exceptional panoramic mountain view.
• Overnight at Pheriche, which is way tranquil being away from all the hardship and the thin air.
DAY 13: TREK TO NAMCHE 7 - 8 hrs. DIFFERENT ROUTE
We retrace our steps back to Pangbuche getting ourselves back to the tree line area where you would realize your breathing getting back to normal. It’s pretty wonderful looking back on our effort to Everest base camp from the Tyengbuche ridge. Walk to Namche on a fresh route makes anyone cheerful of their accomplishment.
• Give yourself a break at Namche either with drinks or buying souvenirs.
DAY 14: TREK TO PHAKDING (2600 m)
We retrace down the way through steep descent and the suspension bridges once again to Phakding.
DAY 15: TREK TO LUKLA
Being it a last night fun activities follows with dancing, eating, drinking and tipping.
Day 16 - 17: FLY TO KATHMANDU AND CONTINGENCY DAY
Sensational flight back to the capital city of Kathmandu. You have a contingency day in Kathmandu in case of Lukla-Kathmandu flight cancellation which can be appropriately exploited exploring around the city that has so much to offer.
• Morning flight to Kathmandu
• Explore the Capital City of Kathmandu as per your requirements.
DAY 18: DEPARTURE DAY
Depending on your flight schedule airport transportation will be provided. Your leader will be there to send you off home.
Dates & Cost
|Trip Start Date||Trip End Date||Price||Status|
|US$ 2250||Book Now|
✅ National park entry fees, conservation fees, trekking permit, TIMS permit.
✅ Airport pickups and drops facility on both Domestic and International flights.
✅ Three star twin bed sharing hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu on Bed / Breakfast basis.
✅ Welcome dinner in a typical traditional Nepali restaurant.
✅ Half day guided city sightseeing with paid entrance fee.
✅ All Government and Local tax.
✅ Domestic flights as per the itinerary.
✅ Fundamental trekking gears like sleeping bag, down jacket fleece liner etc.
✅ Tea-house accommodation or tented camp as per the trek.
✅ Properly boiled hot water for drinking every morning and evening.
✅ Meals (Lunch, dinner, breakfast with hot beverages) during trek.
✅ An accomplished trekking Group Leader and assistant guides.
✅ Staff insurance.
✅ Oxygen cylinders and an all-inclusive medical kit on all trips.
✅ Take away Nepal Pyramids duffel bag, T-shirt and trekking Map.
✅ Porter service.
✅ Porters’ Clothing.
❌ Fee levied on Nepali visa.
❌ All personal expenses including Food while in Kathmandu.
❌ International flight fares.
❌ Medical examination or emergency rescues.
❌ Staff Tipping.
❌ Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu on early arrival.
❌ Travel or medical insurance.
❌ Optional tours and sightseeing or any activities during free time.
❌ Other personal expenses – laundry, battery charges, shower etc.