Annapurna Base Camp Trek.
“If you seek creative ideas go walking”
• Trekking Days: 09 and ½ Days.
• Kathmandu Stay: 03 Days.
• Pokhara stay: 02 Days.
• Departure Day: 01 Day.
The prominence of Annapurna embarked after the French climbers Maurice Herzog and Louis Lachenal scaled Annapurna I, the first ever victorious ascent of 8,000 m peak in the history of mountaineering. Annapurna I (8091 m), the 10th highest mountain in the world and the expedition to its base is a trip of a lifetime which is extremely overwhelming. This epic trip to Annapurna sanctuary or base camp is another rewarding trek that offers you villages within the natural amphitheater, panoramic mountain views, and fabulous forested trails with exceptional magnificence. The dominant ethnic tribe, Gurungs, is very honest by nature and has diverse customs and belief. The British Gurkhas gives you abundant history of their loyalty and sincerity. Moreover, Annapurna base camp is by far the most sanctified place for the Gurung people. It has various legendary and superstitious belief which still survives in the midst of all modernization.
Annapurna base camp trek is one of its kind among the entire Annapurna trekking. It takes you into the divine lush woodland of Rhododendron, pine, maple and bamboo. The view of mount Fishtail, a holy mountain is sensational. A walk following the the Modi river that through basic yet beautiful villages with tea houses gives you the sense of real trekking. When you are in the base camp you are literally in an amphitheater fenced by majestic mountain. The view of Annapurna I, Hiunchuli, Annapurna South and their neighboring mountains is incredible. The morning sunrise that climbs over the holy mountain spreading its light over the majestic peaks is phenomenal. The base camp itself reflects so much charm with memorials, prayer flags and ample spots for photography.
Furthermore there is a trail before Machchapuchare base camp known as ‘Avalanche Trail’. In winter this trail will be temporarily closed due to the risk of avalanche. However and alternative root will always be open for trekkers to get to Annapurna Base camp.
- DAY 01: Arrive to Kathmandu (1400 m/4593 ft)
- DAY 02: Half day city tour/ afternoon trek briefing and preparation / welcome dinner
- DAY 03: Drive to Pokhara (820 m/2690 ft) 7 hours
- DAY 04: Drive to Nayapul (1070 m/3510 ft)Trek to Ulleri (1960 m/6430 ft)
- DAY 05: Trek to Ghorepani (2860 m/9383 ft)
- DAY 06: Morning excursion to Poonhill (3200 m/10.498 ft)and Trek to Tadapani (2630 m/8628 ft)
- DAY 07: Trek to Chhomrong (2170 m/7119 ft) 5 - 6 hours
- DAY 08: Trek to Dovan (2600 m/8530 ft) BAMBOO 5 hours
- DAY 09: Trek to Deurali (3230 m/10597 ft) 5 - 6 hours
- DAY 10: Trek to Annapurna base camp(4130m /13,459ft) 4 hours
- DAY 11: Trek to Bamboo (2310 m/7578 ft) OR Sinuwa (2340 m/7677 ft) 6 - 7 hours
- DAY 12: Trek to Jhinu (natural hot spring) (1780 m/5839 ft) 3 - 4 hours
- DAY 13: Trek to Nayapul 6 hours and drive to Pokhara 1 and ½ hours
- DAY 14: Fly or Drive to Kathmandu (Optional)
- DAY 15: Departure day
The above itinerary is simply a guideline and is subject to alteration as per the circumstances. Your Group Leader is solely liable to bring about changes in the best interest of the group.
How difficult is Annapurna Base Camp? Can anyone join?
What about heating system?
Can we customize the ABC trek?
Food and Accommodation during the ABC trek?
Despite its basic accommodation lodges are at its best offering you the comfort experience and its typical local environment. You have variety of choices for the food and so far there has been no complaints whatsoever in regards to food and accommodation provided by Nepal Pyramids.
Any chances of Altitude sickness?
A typical Trekking day?
After breakfast, we will set out on our delightful trip in the beautiful cool morning. We stop for lunch at some delightful local settlement. After lunch we continue with our trip and around early or late afternoon we get to our destination where afternoon tea will be served by the assistant guide before they hand out your room key or lead you to your camps. Your afternoon stroll is governed by the time we get to our destination. Soon the dinner order will be taken and evening is typically exciting sharing your day’s stories, playing cards with the staff or merely chatting.
Make sure you get your bottle in the dining hall as our staff will be filling up your bottles with properly boiled water for drinking. After the dinner your Group Leader will give you the detail briefing on the next day’s program on the time duration, trail condition, village en-routes, facility etc. Based on next day’s stretch your assistant guides may take the breakfast order that very night
Physical preparation essential for ABC trek?
Do you provide sleeping bag?
Do we need to buy mineral water?
Can I charge my devices and what about Wi-Fi in ABC?
Most lodges provide you with Wi-Fi over some charges but not always reliable.
What is the usual walking distance like?
What if I’m very slow in the group?
How about trekking in winter?
Annapurna Base Camp is feasible even during winter (December till February) however, in case of heavy snow fall due to the probability of avalanche there might be alteration in the usual trekking trails leading to ABC. Though the winter offers great weather yet the chances of temperature getting down below the freezing point is probable. One should be well equipped with winter gears and be well organized mentally to challenge the worst of chill weather circumstance.
Do I need to have travel insurance?
⭐ The early drive to Pokhara through the unfamiliar slender highway is special with its picturesque view, beautiful landscape, gorges, and farming terraces along with a glimpse of snow-clad mountains at the backdrop.
⭐ Pokhara (820 m), the second biggest city also very popularly known as the second home of the tourists is the land of extravagant beauty that triggers excitement despite its 6 hours drive.
⭐ The classy Phewa Lake and the magnificence of the Himalayas mounting at the backdrop create an atmosphere of peace and delight.
⭐ Next day’s drive to Nayapul and trek to Ulleri is adventurous. This first day technical climb is worth-it as it takes you to the beautiful cultured Gurung village with the grand view of antique framing terraces and extensive vibrant green hills.
⭐ Walk to Ghorepani, the world’s largest Rhododendron growing forest area and morning excursion to Poonhill for the exceptional sunrise view is heavenly endowed with spectacular panoramic mountains view along with the Kali Gandaki gorge, the deepest gorge in the world.
⭐ Walking into the deep valley through the forested trail of maple, oak, rhododendron, birch and ample floras is remarkable and very thrilling.
⭐ Despite the risk of avalanches on the way to Annapurna base camp, the surrounding is incredibly spectacular with panoramic 360 degree angle mountain view.
DAY 1: KATHMANDU, THE CAPITAL CITY (1400 m/4593 ft)
Soon you land in Kathmandu airport your group leader will be there with Nepal Pyramids board to greet you and transfer you to the hotel. Despite, the capital city of Nepal certainly being the busiest with hectic traffic it undoubtedly has a strong appeal with local splendor and vigorous activities around, where you can simply relax and take pleasure in the fun of driving through the unfamiliar roads.
• Pick up from the international airport.
• Transfer to hotel by your Group Leader.
• Short preliminary briefing.
• Arriving early gives you an opportunity to explore Kathmandu.
• Welcome dinner and getting to know each other.
DAY 2: IN KATHMANDU
Today would be the most exhilarating day where your leader introduces you to our city tour expert who guides you to the most pious Hindu and Buddhist religious place that are listed in the world heritage sites and elucidates you the entire mysticism over its existence.
• Breakfast depending on your choice and preference.
• Meet-up at 9 am for the tour.
• Visit to Boudhanath Stupa and Pashupatinath.
• Lunch on your preference.
• Getting together for trek briefing as per the time given by your leader.
• Distribution of company’s trek equipment’s.
DAY 03: DRIVE TO POKHARA (820 m/2690 ft) 7 hours
Driving 200 km to Pokhara, the second biggest city of Nepal is very entertaining giving you ample opportunity to know how locals live up to drive through these winding roads in local bus which are often enormously packed.
• 6/7 hours drive.
• Early drive to Pokhara to skip any uncertainty of traffic jam.
• Fabulous scenery as you navigate through this new roads.
• A very relaxing multiple breaks gives you time to stretch and enjoy.
• Lunch stop in one of the highway restaurant with its excellent food choices is very comforting.
• Being in Pokhara unlike Kathmandu will definitely add more excitement to your anticipation.
DAY 04: DRIVE TO NAYAPUL (1070 m/3510 ft) 1 and ½ hours TREK TO ULLERI (1960 m/6430 ft) 5 – 6 hours
Approximately 1 and ½ hour’s drive on narrow paved road to Nayapul, the starting point of your electrifying expedition is sincerely adventurous. Approximately 5 hours walk to Ulleri, the exquisite stone built rural community in the region situated high up on the mountain ridge.
• Drive to Nayapul.
• 2 and half hours gentle walk to the beautiful settlement of Hille for lunch.
• The scenic beauty, deep gorge and stretches of ancient farming terraces at the backdrop is phenomenal.
• 3 hours of vertical ascend with consistent stone steps through the series of villages to Ulleri is adventurous.
• Overnight stay, fabulous dinner and briefing by your leader along with number of alluring narratives.
DAY 05: TREK TO GHOREPANI (2860 m/9383 ft) 4 hours
4 hours walking through the beautiful woodland trail of rhododendron, maple and oak is overwhelming and getting to Ghorepani the leading protected area in Nepal with the world largest Rhododendron forest is extraordinary. Ghorepani, the place that has served as a crucial place for the meet up of traders during the salt trade era between Nepal and Tibet.
• Unbelievable hike through the dramatic forest setup.
• Lot to see if you are trekking in spring.
• Getting to Ghorepani, the blue roof settlement is electrifying.
• Know the legends of Ghorepani.
• Free afternoon for self – exploration.
• Overnight stay, marvelous dinner and chill out.
DAY 06: MORNING EXCURSION TO POONHILL (3200 m/10.498 ft) AND TREK TO TADAPANI (2630m/8628ft) 6 – 7 hours
Morning sunrise view from Poon-Hill is one cherishing moment with panoramic view of mountains like Annapurna, Nilgiri, Dhaulagiri, Dhampus peak, Fishtail etc. After breakfast we leave Gorepani and steeply ascend through the world’s largest rhododendron to the ridge with stunning view of mountains and the deepest gorge in the world. We further walk and undulating trail also known as ‘Lord of the Rings trail’ into the dense forest of pine, maple rhododendron and oak to Tadapani.
• Early wake-up call for the dazzling sunrise view with ample snow-capped mountains that would move many emotionally.
• Fabulous walk through woodland is peaceful.
• Most of the time you are in the shade keeping you away from the harsh day sun.
• Overnight stay in this small settlement of Tadapani is quite an experience.
• Landscape and mountain views are stunning.
• Stunning sunrise view from the tea house veranda itself.
DAY 07: TREK TO CHHOMRONG (2170 m/7119 ft) 5 - 6 hours
From Tatopani we start off with an extensive descend into the lush woods to Kimrong Khola (river) and after crossing the river we climb up to the small settlement of Kimrong for lunch. We continue with lush woodland gradual trail with infrequent climb that will take us to Taulung. Now entering into the Modi Khola Valley that runs from the Annapurna Sanctuary we ultimately get to charming agricultural village of Chhomrong with the grand view of Annapurna South and Hiunchuli.
• Delightful walk into the woodland.
• Skipping the harsh day sun and being at the soothing forest shades is comforting.
• Getting to Chhomrong and the view of Annapurna is unbelievable.
DAY 08: TREK TO BAMBOO (2310 m/7578 ft) 5 hours
Leaving Chhomrong we climb down the regular set of steps to Chhomrong Khola (river) and after crossing a small foot bridge we steeply ascend to lower Sinuwa. We continue with our ascent to real Sinuwa, a settlement high up on the mountain edge. From Sinuwa we further remain in the lush forested undulating trail and finally descend down the narrow hill cut path to the village of Bamboo, a settlement with very limited tea-houses.
• Most enchanting walk through the sanctified forest.
• Arriving at Bamboo, a settlement surrounded by lush forest is soothing.
• Due to very limited lodge single supplement is absolutely impossible.
• Relax and enjoy the afternoon tea with biscuits.
DAY 09: TREK TO DEURALI (3230 m/10597 ft) 5 – 6 hours
Soon we are done with our breakfast we leave Bamboo and set off into the forest trial again with gradual trial with occasional steep climb in between. We walk a dense forest trail of bamboo, rhododendron and maple to Dovan with the gorgeous view of series of waterfall. From Dovan we start with gradual trail and soon climb a steep trail to Hinku cave (a small shelter for porters during rain or storm). Following Modi Khola we descend down to Machhapuchhre stream and climb to Deurali.
• Walking into woodland following the Modi Khola gorge is eccentric.
• View of Hiunchuli and the holy Fishtail.
• Fun being at Hinku Cave, the overhanging rock that provides protection against rain and avalanche from Hiunchuli and Annapurna South.
• The valley widens and you can see the doorway to Annapurna Sanctuary right before you.
DAY 10: TREK TO ANNAPURNA BASE CAMP (4130 m /13,459 ft) 4 hours
Now we enter into the alpine zone away from the tree line. Continuing with the initial gradual trail we cross the avalanche trail that will close down during winter and an alternative trail is opened for safety concern to Machhapuchhare Base camp. We climb to M.B.C for a small stop and continue for the next 2 hours into the wide Himalayan meadow trial to Annapurna Base Camp. Here you are literally surrounded by the tremendous 360 degree mountain view which is unique.
• Walk to Machhapuchhare base camp situated at the base of soaring holy fishtail is enchanting.
• Be cautious while walking in avalanche trail if you are trekking in winter.
• Being in the alpine with dramatic landscape setting is astonishing
• Walk in the pleasant Himalayan meadow with the View majestic Annapurna I and its neighboring mountains.
• Explore Annapurna Base Camp for the grandiose view of mountains, glacier and the glacial lakes.
DAY 11: TREK TO BAMBOO OR SINUWA (2340 m/7677 ft) 6 – 7 hours
We retrace our trail back to Sinuwa. Despite long hour walking its worth losing elevation and getting back to the tree line. We descend through the sanctified lush forest to Bamboo and climb till we get to the ridge and walk gentle trail to Sinuwa.
DAY 12: TREK TO JHINU (NATURAL HOT SPRING) (1780 m/5839 ft) 3 – 4 hours
We wake up leisurely to day as the walk to Jhinu is pretty short. After breakfast we descend retracing our trial through steady steps till we cross a small foot bridge and then we climb to Chhomrong with a grand view of holy Fishtail. From Chhomrong we descend down all the way down with consistent steps to the beautiful settlement of Jhinu where you have a natural hot spring to relax in the afternoon to sooth your tired muscles.
• Retracing our trail back to Chhomrong is a great time to recall our past adventures.
• Descending down to Jhinu for Lunch and afternoon exploration to the natural hot spring is something not be missed.
• Being it a last night fun activities follows with dancing, eating, drinking and tipping
DAY 13: TREK TO NAYAPUL 6 hours AND DRIVE TO POKHARA 1 and ½ hours
Today we start early to get to the Lake City of Pokhara and relish. We descend down to the village of New Bridge and Kyumi through lush forest with a great view of Modi Khola. You may encounter some wild bee hive very well settled at the high rocky cliffs. We gradually climb and walk the ancient terraced field of corn and millet to Syauli Bazaar for lunch. Next we walk an effortless trial to Nayapul and then drive to Pokhara.
• Today’s walk is very relaxing also that you would be walking a different trail.
• Walking in the terraced farming fields with all the local crops is enchanting.
• Arriving at Nayapul and bidding goodbye to our local staff is sad.
• Getting to Pokhara with beautiful Phewa Lake and the magnificence of the Himalayas mounting at the backdrop create an atmosphere of peace and delight.
DAY 14: FLY TO KATHMANDU - 25 minutes
Sensational flight back to the capital city of Kathmandu with an outstanding panoramic view.
• Sensational flight to Kathmandu
• Explore the Capital City of Kathmandu as per your requirements.
DAY 15: DEPARTURE DAY.
Depending on your flight schedule airport transportation will be provided. Your leader will be there to send you off home.
Dates & Cost
The given dates and cost is basically for both individual and group who wants to join the group or privately reserve a trip as per the favorable day and time given below. However, we organize trips all through the year to which anyone who would personally like to customize your trip in accordance with your time convenience feel free to write to us. We are available 24/7 at your service.
|Trip Start Date||Trip End Date||Price||Status|
|US$ 1300||Book Now|
✅ National park entry fees, conservation fees, trekking permit, TIMS permit.
✅ Airport pickups and drops facility on both Domestic and International flights.
✅ Three star twin bed sharing hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara on Bed / Breakfast basis.
✅ Welcome dinner in a typical traditional Nepali restaurant.
✅ Half day guided city sightseeing with paid entrance fee.
✅ All Government and Local tax.
✅ Domestic flights as per the itinerary.
✅ Fundamental trekking gears like sleeping bag, down jacket fleece liner etc.
✅ All Ground transportation to and from preferred destination as per the itinerary.
✅ Tea-house accommodation or tented camp as per the trek.
✅ Properly boiled hot water for drinking every evening and morning.
✅ staff insurance.
✅ Meals (Lunch, dinner, breakfast with hot beverages) during trek.
✅ An accomplished trekking Group Leader and assistant guides.
✅ Oxygen cylinders and an all-inclusive medical kit on all trips.
✅ Take away Nepal Pyramids duffel bag, T-shirt and trekking Map.
✅ Porter service.
✅ Porters’ Clothing.
❌ Fee levied on Nepali visa.
❌ All personal expenses including Food while in Kathmandu/Pokhara.
❌ International flight fares.
❌ Medical examination or emergency rescues.
❌ Staff Tipping.
❌ Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu on early arrival.
❌ Travel or medical insurance.
❌ Optional tours and sightseeing or any activities during free time.
❌ Other personal expenses – laundry, battery charges, shower etc.